Did you ride today ? new and improved thread

Ladies and Gents ride lastnight. Group is getting faster and faster, harder to get pics and video ha ha! :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

DSCN2571.JPG
DSCN2572.JPG

23 miles with 3,018 ft of gain today, solo. Only 3 hours of sleep last night getting up at 5 am trying to beat the heat. Started at 6:30 but the sun was already out. 85 degrees climbing to the top and a high of 95 according to Garmin when I plugged in at home.

DSCN2578600.JPG
DSCN2581600.JPG
DSCN2588600.JPG

Expressing my true feelings once I got to the top ha ha! :D:p:D

DSCN2583600.JPG

The video, the struggle ! :D

25 miles with the Ladies and Gents ride. Getting faster and larger. Good thing is that I'm benefiting from the rides. A 2 mile gradual climb has improved by 2.5 mph since the first time I did the ride. I'll take it!

Funny, I don't like politics, I just go ride and have fun. I have 3 buddies that I invited. One guy really investigates every aspect of the ride. Funny because he has been telling me that I am the smartest rider out there. That he sees people respecting me more and more, even more than the organizer haha! He says they see how I ride, manage power, apply tactics and that they are all impressed with my style.

OK, I just ride my bike but I do see now, as he pointed out, I have most of the riders around me now. They used to attack me on climbs and now they just follow me. He says they got tired of trying to beat me down and now know they can't so that earns their respect and all the guys are coming up to me wanting to be my friend ha ha!

I guess that is a good thing! I even recorded this guy telling me this on the phone because there is always somebody saying I make this stuff up. :D

Anyway, had a good time and getting faster!

I do have my little posse with me on the rides. The 3 of us have been riding together since 1998. At times I get cut off at red lights and the pack pulls away. So I got my little posse to pull me back up when I need it ha ha! The 4th guy is not in the pic but since 2009, been riding with him too. Always good to have buddies to help you hammer your way back up if for some reason, you get held up. :D

Out of 25 riders, there are us 4. Then my bud says another 4 that are always trying to get in and a couple of the strong women. I know it's all for fun but he says out of the 20-25 riders, I have more than a third of them as followers ha ha! And I'm the new guy!

I think people see that a person is consistent, knows how to ride, and safe. Some people race up to the front, there one or two weeks, then gone. Many that way but when you are always near the front and people see you have some skill, they are more likely to gravitate toward you. That is what my buds say and it's cool with me cause I know people don't think I'm just another idiot on the bike causing chaos.

But it is funny because I have thoughts of dropping out of the group to ride alone. But if my buds stick around, so will I just for the camaraderie.

Always good to know people like and follow you. Less problems when it comes to dealing with people. the gal in the pink (video) is now a Beanz follower ha ha!

DSCN2607.JPG
DSCN2608.JPG
DSCN2609.JPG

Sunday ride with Gina. 26 miles at 16.3 average speed. Temps topped out at 95 today and average of 84. Much nicer along the coast, didn't want to head back ha ha! :D

Almost done and first time pulling off the mask. Got hot and said she needed to breath.

DSCN2634.JPG

Water refill!
DSCN2630.JPG

After the ride, still doing loops in the parking lot.

DSCN2638.JPG

OK, just as hot putting the bikes away, let's go!

DSCN2639.JPG

Road a quick 10 miler today in 95 degrees with humidity so high a Ginsu knife would dull on it. The funny thing is.....it is a regular training route with pulls and climbs and somehow managed to beat my best time by almost 20 seconds. My HR suffered however. Was in Zone 5 for over 10 minutes!!!!

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
Road a quick 10 miler today in 95 degrees with humidity so high a Ginsu knife would dull on it. The funny thing is.....it is a regular training route with pulls and climbs and somehow managed to beat my best time by almost 20 seconds. My HR suffered however. Was in Zone 5 for over 10 minutes!!!!

Hmmm! Glad to see somebody else post a ride. Starting to think I was the only one riding and wondering if I should fly this coupe! ;)

Rode Wed night. Super easy well disciplined ride. Legs felt some acid last couple of rides. Time to do an easy ride. Felt like I wanted to push a couple of times but didn't, must maintain.

10 miles at 12.1 average speed just cruising around having fun relaxing the legs. Hardest thing I did was to set my camera with only a 10 second timer, then shoved off, turned around and pick up enough speed to get the no hands shot! :D Yes, I love ankle bands. Even with the flash you can see it light up, imagine with the motion in headlights, it is an eye catcher! Tri color wide band. Love it! I've been told by other riders that my front light is really bright. You can see how the ankle band compares.

DSCN2649.JPG

I call this one The Sleeper Ride. Yes, I was actually riding while taking this pic, a few actually ha ha! No hands, taking the pic and who says I can't ride in my sleep? :p

DSCN2655.JPG

Practicing my handling skills. Standing with no hands and taking the pic. I'm going to join one of them circus things when this pandemic thing is over! :D

DSCN2657.JPG

Nice 25 miler tonight. Started out fast to get some video of the front guys. Then second half, buddy and I did a decent pace chatting then ran into the gals. From there, just did a nice smooth steady pace with Sandra. Good ride then hanging out at Dog Haus for some goodies.

DSCN2662.JPG
DSCN2670.JPG

Last night!

Reactions: zipp2001
60 miles today at 16.7 average speed. Supposed to be a group ride but me and another guy had a plan. Ride a good pace and control. Of course the group started racing one another off the line. Crazy, can't figure them out. They race downhill to the coast, then burn out and we smoke them on the way back. Only one gal kept up on the return with me and my friend on the 20 mile return, the rest were toast. Really weird ride plan they have ha ha!

I'm just not a fan of "group" rides.
DSCN2673-600.JPG

Reactions: zipp2001