Did You Ride Today?

It's a way for individuals to connect with others who share a passion for cycling, as riding can be a recreational activity, a means of transportation, or even part of a fitness routine. When someone asks, "Did you ride today?" they are typically inquiring whether the other person had the opportunity to go for a bike ride on that specific day, and it can lead to discussions about the ride's length, location, conditions, or any interesting experiences during the ride.

It's a way for individuals to connect with others who share a passion for cycling, as riding can be a recreational activity, a means of transportation, or even part of a fitness routine. When someone asks, "Did you ride today?" they are typically inquiring whether the other person had the opportunity to go for a bike ride on that specific day, and it can lead to discussions about the ride's length, location, conditions, or any interesting experiences during the ride.

Thanks for that explanation as I was still trying to figure out the topic of this thread. :D

• Haha
Reactions: cobbwheels
Thanks for that explanation as I was still trying to figure out the topic of this thread. :D

spammers have successfully overrun the forum to reach an audience of five (more or less)....
images

anyway, I did 40 miles the other day. And possibly another 40 tomorrow. I've already done 140 miles this week (thanks to the holidays and no thanks to having no family of my own and no friends!) , the most I did in a week, ever.

Might become 180 miles is I go out tomorrow. I'm feeling great, but work may not allow me to ride, we'll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Beanz
spammers have successfully overrun the forum

Might become 180 miles is I go out tomorrow. I'm feeling great, but work may not allow me to ride, we'll see.

Yup, too bad because it's a nice lil forum.

There were 2 or 3 guys posting but seems there only concern was trying to prove they were smarter than the other guy arguing over cheap carbon.

Top it off, one guy would cry when someone else resurrected an old thread or topic. As if the topic of cheap carbon hasn't been around for years and years now. :-(

180 is a lot in one week. I remember my best year I did 960 miles in a month. Just missed 1k. That would be around 250 in one week.

Yup, too bad because it's a nice lil forum.

There were 2 or 3 guys posting but seems there only concern was trying to prove they were smarter than the other guy arguing over cheap carbon.

Top it off, one guy would cry when someone else resurrected an old thread or topic. As if the topic of cheap carbon hasn't been around for years and years now. :-(

180 is a lot in one week. I remember my best year I did 960 miles in a month. Just missed 1k. That would be around 250 in one week.

I have this image in my mind of a massive alien invasion fleet, looking to invade an Earth-like planet at the edge of the galaxy to enslave its population, only to find after many years of deep-space travel that only 5 people is living on the planet!
face-palm-panda.gif

Yeah I saw that heated carbon debate thread once every few years. Makes me wonder if one or both member is living on Mars and only becomes online when Mars is closest to Earth.

I'm not sure how much mileage I can do in a week and I did these rides in the least ideal circumstances like wearing loose cotton flannel shirt and cargo shorts for instance and many more.

Really tough 35 miles today. Tried going easy after a week off having a good time in Laughlin. But a mile into my ride, hr was 145. Felt like 120 but I think I know why it was so high.

BIL in hospital for a week and hoping to find a surgeon to operate clearing a blockage in his belly but a high risk.

So I ate a cheeseburger for dinner. Half a pastrami for a late night. Sausage Mcmuffin for breakfast and only slept 2 hours with all that's going on.

A Flat tire 7 miles in zapping my energy. So did 35 vs the planned 40. Didn't feel bad on the first half but **** on the return.

HR was up there most the day and felt it after the ride. Ate better tonight so hopefully I feel better on tomorrow's ride.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231104_153445_Active.jpg
    Screenshot_20231104_153445_Active.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20231104_132442.jpg
    20231104_132442.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 6
  • 20231104_132436.jpg
    20231104_132436.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 8
Really tough 35 miles today. Tried going easy after a week off having a good time in Laughlin. But a mile into my ride, hr was 145. Felt like 120 but I think I know why it was so high.

BIL in hospital for a week and hoping to find a surgeon to operate clearing a blockage in his belly but a high risk.

So I ate a cheeseburger for dinner. Half a pastrami for a late night. Sausage Mcmuffin for breakfast and only slept 2 hours with all that's going on.

A Flat tire 7 miles in zapping my energy. So did 35 vs the planned 40. Didn't feel bad on the first half but **** on the return.

HR was up there most the day and felt it after the ride. Ate better tonight so hopefully I feel better on tomorrow's ride.

Sorry to hear about your BIL hope he finds a great surgeon. Hate it when this stuff happens. You never get used to it.

Did I hear you right you ran with a flat tire after 7 miles or fixing the flat tire zapped your energy the rest of the ride?

I didn't get to ride this weekend. Busy at work but still managed to do leg work with weights.

My hr was high before the flat but at 7 miles I realized I had a Tack I my tire before going flat. But stopped to change it then felt zapped after that.

Today was MUCH better. Good dinner, sleep, and breakfast. Was able to keep my hr low and felt good all day.

Another 25 at 15.3 average with little effort.

Screenshot_20231105_123911_Active.jpg
20231105_102523.jpg

My hr was high before the flat but at 7 miles I realized I had a Tack I my tire before going flat. But stopped to change it then felt zapped after that.

Today was MUCH better. Good dinner, sleep, and breakfast. Was able to keep my hr low and felt good all day.

Another 25 at 15.3 average with little effort.

Much nicer HR.

Did you bend over while fixing the tire? It badly ruined my ride before. It put a strain on my core muscles and felt bad the rest of the ride after that.

Now, I find a place where I can sit down while fixing the tire. It can be a piece of rock if there's really nothing else to sit on.

Much nicer HR.

Did you bend over while fixing the tire? It badly ruined my ride before. It put a strain on my core muscles and felt bad the rest of the ride after that.

Now, I find a place where I can sit down while fixing the tire. It can be a piece of rock if there's really nothing else to sit on.
Unfortunately there was no where to sit in that are. You'll see it in a video I will post in a few hours. :D

Unfortunately there was no where to sit in that are. You'll see it in a video I will post in a few hours. :D

Unfortunately you're right. I just watched the video there were big pieces rock elsewhere in the trail but not where you flat.

Who would using tacks on a trail? I think they left it there on purpose. Not dumb people just awful and nasty.

I've only ever found tacks on my tires while riding around houses but NEVER on the road and we have one of the dirtiest roads in the world with tons of debris, metal pieces from cars, broken beer bottles, household garbage littering the streets but never tacks unless I'm riding right next to houses.

Unfortunately you're right. I just watched the video there were big pieces rock elsewhere in the trail but not where you flat.

Who would using tacks on a trail? I think they left it there on purpose. Not dumb people just awful and nasty.

I've only ever found tacks on my tires while riding around houses but NEVER on the road and we have one of the dirtiest roads in the world with tons of debris, metal pieces from cars, broken beer bottles, household garbage littering the streets but never tacks unless I'm riding right next to houses.

The homeless people make little camps at the underpasses. Living up under the bridges, they do all kinds of evil things. Including spreading glass and other debris hoping to damage cyclists property. On this trail, about 4 areas to take caution.

The homeless people make little camps at the underpasses. Living up under the bridges, they do all kinds of evil things. Including spreading glass and other debris hoping to damage cyclists property. On this trail, about 4 areas to take caution.

I see. At least we count our blessings that we're not the homeless living under bridges!

It's worse for runners though. I had a tack go through my shoes. I thought I'm having a rash but turned out it wasn't.

Might be time for gatorskin or armadillo for you. I'm riding with cheap but quality puncture proof tire panaracer ribmo. It wasn't actually the major source of drag in my setup. It has always been aerodynamic drag. Puncture proof tires shouldn't slow you down much and they're usually efficient enough if the roads are smooth and not under-inflated.

It only becomes a major source of drag in my case when the road gets bumpy and rough where the poorly supple puncture proof tire suffers in performance.

I see. At least we count our blessings that we're not the homeless living under bridges!

It's worse for runners though. I had a tack go through my shoes. I thought I'm having a rash but turned out it wasn't.

Might be time for gatorskin or armadillo for you. I'm riding with cheap but quality puncture proof tire panaracer ribmo. It wasn't actually the major source of drag in my setup. It has always been aerodynamic drag. Puncture proof tires shouldn't slow you down much and they're usually efficient enough if the roads are smooth and not under-inflated.

It only becomes a major source of drag in my case when the road gets bumpy and rough where the poorly supple puncture proof tire suffers in performance.

That is my first flat in about 3 years. And from an intentional Tack. Continental tires have been good to me. :D

Looking back over videos of the past. I like this one. My wife Gina mixing it up with the guys and taking her turns at the front. 44 miles at 17.2 average speed. Just before all the family medical issues and deaths in the family including her 2 sons.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://youtu.be/ADpnWU-EVmQ?si=VuHvtp9FNrrkO2yJ

Looking back over videos of the past. I like this one. My wife Gina mixing it up with the guys and taking her turns at the front. 44 miles at 17.2 average speed. Just before all the family medical issues and deaths in the family including her 2 sons.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://youtu.be/ADpnWU-EVmQ?si=VuHvtp9FNrrkO2yJ

So sorry to hear about Gina. I've been so curious why she doesn't join you in rides anymore. I never asked about it thinking it might be a sensitive subject for you and her.

I never get used to deaths and sickness in the family myself and have trouble moving on. You two have my compassion and sympathy.

But nice video. I like that she's not spinning so crazy like the other guys are doing in smaller gears. I too don't spin crazy. Most guys I see doing it don't seem to last long on a ride.