Regional and School Buses!

Edward Dolan wrote:
> [...] Furthermore, we Americans are only half civilized.[...]

Sometimes Ed gets it.

DennisTheBald wrote:
>> DennisTheBald
>> For years now the levels of carbon monoxide emitted by new automobiles in
>> the US (sorry, don't know about other countries) has been so low that if you
>> fire up your (1980 or newer) Buick in a three car or a one car garage, it
>> will never kill you. See:http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1273253
>> This result may or may not be able to be extrapolated to the big ball we
>> live on.
>> Kerry

> I notice that you don't go so far as to say that car exhaust is
> actually good for a body, good for you (doing so would have blown your
> cover, you auto-industrial complex shill you;-). I'm still somewhat
> incredulous, despite your citation.[...]

When I drive downtown, the exhaust from my ULEV certified Honda Civic is
lower in HC, CO and NOx than the ambient air.

> [...] Also your cited report was created in 1981 testing 1980 model
> chevys - I suspect that the same 1980 models would produce much more
> CO if tested today. The late 70's were a period of peak
> environmentalist activity, but with the 80s came Reaganomics and that
> whole "greed is good" thing. Today the CDC recommends that you <not/>
> operate a motor vehicle in your garage: http://www.cdc.gov/co/faqs.htm
> - I believe this page to have been updated since 1981.[...]

Of course, a 21st Century ULEV vehicle has a much cleaner exhaust than a
1980 Chevrolet.

Of course, some new vehicles are much dirtier than others. I can put my
face by the tailpipe on my car while it is running and not smell
anything, while the 2008 Ford F-150 fleet vehicles I occasionally drive
produce noticeable smoke and odor, even while one standing a few feet
away and the vehicle is outdoors.

Edward Dolan wrote:

> For heaven's sakes, the only way to kill yourself is to go down to your dirt
> floor basement and hang yourself from the rafters. No one has any sense of
> style anymore. Either do it right, or don't do it at all!

Check out this intersection:
<http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Lone+Rock&state=WI&country=US&latitude=43.1833&longitude=-90.1978&geocode=CITY#a/maps/l:::Lone+Rock:WI::US:43.1833:-90.1978:city:/m:hyb:12:43.161737:-90.19582:0::/io:0:::::f:EN:M:/e>.
While not obvious from an aerial view, the bluff on the south side of
the Wisconsin River has an almost vertical rock face that starts just a
few feet beyond the edge of the pavement. Every so often, there is a
single vehicle "accident" that involved a vehicle coming across the
bridge at high speed and failing to stop at the "T" intersection.

Wilson who? wrote:

> [...]
> My cycling career has been clear of injury from a road bike/recumbent
> standpoint. The only times I can remember going down were those
> embarrasing can't get out of the clips fast enough falls in front of a
> crowd. But for a brief time I got into single trac mountain bike
> riding. It was remarkable in that I would be bleeding after just about
> every ride. I rode with a small group which included a plastic
> surgeon. Over time he got work from most of us. The irony is he had an
> over the bar face plant requiring more plastic surgery than the rest of
> us put together. All of this was definately guy stuff.[...]

If you are not bleeding after a MTB ride, you are not trying hard enough.

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Wilson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

> [...]
>>> I was one of this world's champion hikers, sometime 15 miles a day and
>>> this was in the mountains. I did that for some 10 years all over the
>>> country on almost a daily basis when I was in my 30's. I don't think I
>>> ever did anything dangerous, but hikers get into trouble all the time for
>>> one reason or another. I never was a strong person, so I had to take care
>>> of myself. Hells Bells, if I had known I was going to live so long, I
>>> would have taken better care of myself.

>> Ah you were a professional hiker. Very good.
>> When I was in my thirties I wanted to be a professional bicycle tourist
>> and photographer. I was unable to find sponsorship. Or more correctly,
>> sponsorship was unable to find me.

> You don't need any sponsorship as long as you are unmarried and willing to
> remain poor all of your life. I take pride in being poor the way some guys
> take pride in being rich. In any event, it was very inexpensive to travel in
> the 60's and 70's.
>
> To get my perspective on life, read Jon Krakauer's "Into the Wild". When you
> are young, you should only be into adventure, not money and jobs or marriage
> and children. Ugh![...]

Ed is full of it. He is a member of the inherited wealth (admittedly
quite limited in his case) slacker class. He advocates a life style that
is not available to most, while deliberately failing to point this out.

If Ed in his life had to work to keep from being homeless and starving,
it would have greatly improved his personality.

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Edward Dolan wrote:
>>> For heaven's sakes, the only way to kill yourself is to go down to your
>>> dirt floor basement and hang yourself from the rafters. No one has any
>>> sense of style anymore. Either do it right, or don't do it at all!

>> Check out this intersection:
>> <http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Lone+Rock&state=WI&country=US&latitude=43.1833&longitude=-90.1978&geocode=CITY#a/maps/l:::Lone+Rock:WI::US:43.1833:-90.1978:city:/m:hyb:12:43.161737:-90.19582:0::/io:0:::::f:EN:M:/e>.
>> While not obvious from an aerial view, the bluff on the south side of the
>> Wisconsin River has an almost vertical rock face that starts just a few
>> feet beyond the edge of the pavement. Every so often, there is a single
>> vehicle "accident" that involved a vehicle coming across the bridge at
>> high speed and failing to stop at the "T" intersection.

> Tom, this is overkill and you have to learn to cease and desist from it. No
> one, but one one, is interested in this kind of detail.

[WARNING - MORBID TOPIC]

To get back on topic, the area one the north side of the river is quite
flat [1] and the only curve leaving the village is quite gradual. In a
fully faired streamliner recumbent, a reasonably strong rider could
obtain sufficient speed to produce a fatal collision with the rock wall.

[1] See
<http://terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?T=2&S=13&Z=15&X=455&Y=2989&W=2&qs=%7clone+rock%7cwi%7c>.

Hey guys!!!

All students deserve to have comfortable buses and also all students deserve to have a good internet connection at a school in which they are studying - an Internet connection with which it is better to use the site about which students read more <- here - it is the service from which students buy narrative essays which teachers ask them! A good internet connection help students to do it quickly before a lesson on which they have to prepare some narrative essay!

Last edited: