Not removed

cyclintom

Jan 15, 2011
It appears that I made a mistake concerning my postings that didn't show up. I guess that when the site is busy just clicking on Post isn't enough. I guess you have to hang around until it finds the time to post it. If you leave to another thread it drops your posting.

In any case; https://www.gribble.org/cycling/power_v_speed.html is an interactive computations site that allows you to calculate your own power output if you are interested.

Once you figure out how to use this calculator you can investigate things like what effect added weight does to your speed on particular types of courses or how using the drops or a lower stem can do to your power requirements at any particular speed.

You can very soon learn that professionals use every single trick in the book and you can prove to yourself what those tricks are.

It appears that I made a mistake

You've made so many...how would you even know?! LMFAO!

Mr, Gribble's 'calculator' says your massive and lying "600 Watts for an hour!!!" yields 31 MPH.

You NEVER rode 31 MPH for an hour in your life!

Thanks for posting more data that proves you're a liar.

And just who the Hell uses some retarded 'calculator' that, at best, can only estimate when you can have a calibrated power meter that accurately records ACTUAL real time data? It isn't like they're expensive or hard to source.

Idiots that use 'calculators' are the same jerks that go on BBS and quote some lunatic figures they pull out of their ass without knowing what the Hell they're talking about. You know. Figures like "600 Watts for an hour"! LMFAO!

I think this world needs more of the sort of ignorance you demonstrate. Without the ability to use the calculator I reference you tell us all about what speed would mean what. That George Hincapie could ride at 33 mph in the 2003 TTT in the Tour de France doesn't mean anything to PansyBob. Because George was so large he couldn't get much draft off of the others and ended up having to ride the entire distance generating around 600 watts. Oh wait, that doesn't count because PansyBob's Cat 2 friend can only develop 250 watts.

I suppose that when you're a pansy you'd be satisfied with riding a trainer and pretending that you actually do real training with a video game.

Because George was so large he couldn't get much draft off of the others and ended up having to ride the entire distance generating around 600 watts.

tommy, you're insane.

Just.
Plain.
Insane.

You're Alf on steroids. He was only a moron when it came to UltraTorque cranksets. You are a classic, brain dead lunatic on every subject you spew on. This is too damned funny. My sides hurt from laughing at you!

600 Watts for HOW MANY HOURS?!?!?!

LMFAO! You're flat out nutzy cuckoo!

tommy, you're insane.

Just.
Plain.
Insane.

You're Alf on steroids. He was only a moron when it came to UltraTorque cranksets. You are a classic, brain dead lunatic on every subject you spew on. This is too damned funny. My sides hurt from laughing at you!

600 Watts for HOW MANY HOURS?!?!?!

LMFAO! You're flat out nutzy cuckoo!
And you've shown everyone here what an expert you are because you play a video game and finished a lap down on the Pork Chop Eating Champion. It must be terrible to have to resort to your screaming and crying because you know that you're a nobody.

Apologize for your lying, Mr. 'I can hold 600 Watts for an hour'! LMFAO!

https://www.reillycycleworks.com/blogs/news/142703623-hydro-formed-titanium

You don't know **** from Shinola when it come to bicycles or riding them, dumbass.

I love it! I'm living, rent free, inside your empty skull!

What are you going to lie about next? You already screwed up carbon and Titanium so badly you'll never dig your way out of THAT hole, let alone all you other lies.

You're just a walking clustfuck and a shithead.

Man up and apologize for your lying, chickenshit.

Apologize for your lying, Mr. 'I can hold 600 Watts for an hour'! LMFAO!

https://www.reillycycleworks.com/blogs/news/142703623-hydro-formed-titanium

You don't know **** from Shinola when it come to bicycles or riding them, dumbass.

I love it! I'm living, rent free, inside your empty skull!

What are you going to lie about next? You already screwed up carbon and Titanium so badly you'll never dig your way out of THAT hole, let alone all you other lies.

You're just a walking clustfuck and a shithead.

Man up and apologize for your lying, chickenshit.
Then why don't you come out here and ride with the group? You're this marvelous rider that has to use a video game figures to impress everyone then let's see you on Tunnel Road which is a nice easy 7% climb for only 3 miles. Surely you can keep up with the group on that one. Or is all of your climbing on video games?

You've proven the saying Commiefornia is chock full of fruits, nuts and flakes...repeatedly.

Besides, I don't ride with liars that also crash repeatedly.

Man up, chickenshit. Apologize for your lying.

Commiefornia...LMAO! I use to live in Commiefornia and that state definitely has a commie mindset, I had to move away so I could someday have the hope of retiring without having a huge mortgage payment dangling over me; without having the huge $6,899 property tax I had to pay annually; without the ability to insert enough cash into my IRA because I need most of my money to live on, and thus my IRA wasn't going to be enough to retire on; so I moved to Indiana where I no longer even have a mortgage because the price I got for my house in CA, my taxes are only $1,800 a year; I took the rest of the money from the sale of the business, the house and my IRA money and bought rental property which when the last property is paid for will be enough retirement income that if by some very slim chance social security goes out the window I won't even care! At least not as much, having SS will be just a cherry on top of the dessert which is always nice to have, but I won't die without it. I could have never bought rental property in CA because real estate prices for that stuff (and houses too) are just stupidly high, so I would had to work till I died, which I could have done since I owned my own business but I really didn't want to work that hard till I died, I don't mind working till I died I just didn't want to work that hard. And even though I'll have the income to retire 100% when the last property gets paid off I will still do some sort of work, either work maybe in a bike shop or maybe sell cars to keep myself busy, but I won't have to worry about making a sale selling cars because I won't be starving due to not selling a car which will be more relaxing way to work.

Reactions: CAMPYBOB
Commiefornia...LMAO! I use to live in Commiefornia and that state definitely has a commie mindset, I had to move away so I could someday have the hope of retiring without having a huge mortgage payment dangling over me; without having the huge $6,899 property tax I had to pay annually; without the ability to insert enough cash into my IRA because I need most of my money to live on, and thus my IRA wasn't going to be enough to retire on; so I moved to Indiana where I no longer even have a mortgage because the price I got for my house in CA, my taxes are only $1,800 a year; I took the rest of the money from the sale of the business, the house and my IRA money and bought rental property which when the last property is paid for will be enough retirement income that if by some very slim chance social security goes out the window I won't even care! At least not as much, having SS will be just a cherry on top of the dessert which is always nice to have, but I won't die without it. I could have never bought rental property in CA because real estate prices for that stuff (and houses too) are just stupidly high, so I would had to work till I died, which I could have done since I owned my own business but I really didn't want to work that hard till I died, I don't mind working till I died I just didn't want to work that hard. And even though I'll have the income to retire 100% when the last property gets paid off I will still do some sort of work, either work maybe in a bike shop or maybe sell cars to keep myself busy, but I won't have to worry about making a sale selling cars because I won't be starving due to not selling a car which will be more relaxing way to work.

So that's why you don't know how to ride a bicycle and think that PansyBob knows what he's talking about. Also a landlord. Why do I get the idea that you're trying to gouge your renters?

You've proven the saying Commiefornia is chock full of fruits, nuts and flakes...repeatedly.

Besides, I don't ride with liars that also crash repeatedly.

Man up, chickenshit. Apologize for your lying.
More demonstration of your cowardice. Hey, I promise - on the ride today one of the riders had a stroke. We can keep it slow enough so that you could keep up with him.

So that's why you don't know how to ride a bicycle and think that PansyBob knows what he's talking about. Also a landlord. Why do I get the idea that you're trying to gouge your renters?

Well Tommy the lunatic, owning rental property is not a non profit business, gee with all your expertise in everything I would have thought you would know that? Wait, that's right you never graduated from high school. And yes I do gouge my renters...as much as the traffic will bear, and that basically is done by researching what rents go for in the area and charge accordingly, so is that gouging? not really, because if I did that I wouldn't have any renters and they would find cheaper places to live, and again a business is to make a profit. Did you understand that or is that too much business for you?

And as far as riding a bike, I laugh at how you take what has been said about you, and we know from how you posts stuff you don't ride a bike, and then you throw that back at someone, that is such a elementary child behavior, which you are a elementary child because you never graduated from high school which is quite evident in all your posts.

Smart plan, Froze.

Multiple sources of income and the huge writ-off rental units afford you.

And yet we haven't heard what bikes you two have. Not that I'm surprised. PansyBob's titanium tricycle that wasn't stiff enough to ride when he was telling us that I didn't know what I was talking about when I said that titanium bikes weren't all that stiff was really his pinnacle of character.

But in order to post authoritatively about bicycles you should at least be more than a beginner. Or be using numbers off of a video games as some sort of example of your ability. While I would like to compare my riding the five passes of the Death Ride near Lake Tahoe at up to almost 9,000 ft. and 130 miles to other's rides I have to admit that PansyBob's climbing l'Alpe d'Huez every other day on his video game is pretty hard to beat for sheer humor.

Attachments

• DSC00001.JPG
    DSC00001.JPG
    980.2 KB · Views: 8
While I would like to compare my riding the five passes of the Death Ride near Lake Tahoe at up to almost 9,000 ft. and 130 miles to other's rides I have

Liar.

I didn't know what I was talking about when I said that titanium bikes weren't all that stiff

Liar.

Here's your words, you miserable lying sack of ****.

"Aluminum and it's snootier cousin who is always looking down its nose at you - titanium - are in general simply so stiff that they must be tuned with tire sizes and pressures.

And there we have it. tommy, the liar, caught in yet another lie. FOAD you jerk.

Jeezus H. Tapdancing K-Rist on a pogo stick. The ****stick high skuul dropout is STILL at it. Lying again.

Hey douchebag. I do own a Ti bike. I rode it for one season and parked it.

It was too flexible. I know you don't remember me telling you that in your asinine screed about 'bike handling'. You know. The madman's manifesto that mentioned nothing about bike handle, but claimed Ti was too stiff!?!? LMFAO! Yeah. Your brain is fried, asshole.

tommy, you're the biggest lying ****stick ever to waste oxygen.

Bob what TI bike do you have, because my Lynskey is not flexy at the bottom bracket and drivetrain, nor is it torsional flexy, but it rides comfortably so maybe on the vertical aspect it probably flexes.

I do get big write offs but I also have big expenses, one of my buildings now has a water leak UNDER the slab I just found out yesterday. The water is not getting into anyone's apartments but I couldn't figure out why the one 4 unit section was using salt (for the softener) 3 times faster then the other 4, and they both have the same number of people, in fact the front 4 that doesn't use the salt as much all have washers and dryers for each unit, while the back 4 do not. So I checked around thought I found the problem with a leaking outside valve but that wasn't the issue, especially when I later found out that the outside valve didn't pass through the softener! So I then checked for leaking faucets and toilets and there were none, so I called the softener guys and they were the ones that said I have a leak probably underground! So I called a plumber and he agreed, now we have to find it and figure out the cost, but it may be a huge cost, the plumber seems to think the insurance company will pay for it? I don't know so I have to call them on Monday to see.

So just like my previous business I sold, all businesses have their ups and downs, but overall this rental business will do better than anything I could have done with an IRA or a 401K. Plus the value of stocks in mutual funds can go up and down. I knew people in 2008 who were retired living off their 401k's (plus SS of course) had to go back to work because their funds weren't enough to support them after the collapse...and that was just a small collapse! Imagine a large one!! Worse comes to worse, I can sell the buildings, put the proceeds into some mutual funds and live off the interest, maybe not as much money to live on as the rents would pay, but I wouldn't be uncomfortable either, but then there's that risk of a market crash that does make me uncomfortable. Whatever I do it's going to be a gamble, but I think the rental business is less risky, not free of risk but less then mutual funds. For right now and for the foreseeable future it's rental property for income.

Bob what TI bike do you have, because my Lynskey is not flexy at the bottom bracket and drivetrain, nor is it torsional flexy, but it rides comfortably so maybe on the vertical aspect it probably flexes.

I do get big write offs but I also have big expenses, one of my buildings now has a water leak UNDER the slab I just found out yesterday. The water is not getting into anyone's apartments but I couldn't figure out why the one 4 unit section was using salt (for the softener) 3 times faster then the other 4, and they both have the same number of people, in fact the front 4 that doesn't use the salt as much all have washers and dryers for each unit, while the back 4 do not. So I checked around thought I found the problem with a leaking outside valve but that wasn't the issue, especially when I later found out that the outside valve didn't pass through the softener! So I then checked for leaking faucets and toilets and there were none, so I called the softener guys and they were the ones that said I have a leak probably underground! So I called a plumber and he agreed, now we have to find it and figure out the cost, but it may be a huge cost, the plumber seems to think the insurance company will pay for it? I don't know so I have to call them on Monday to see.

So just like my previous business I sold, all businesses have their ups and downs, but overall this rental business will do better than anything I could have done with an IRA or a 401K. Plus the value of stocks in mutual funds can go up and down. I knew people in 2008 who were retired living off their 401k's (plus SS of course) had to go back to work because their funds weren't enough to support them after the collapse...and that was just a small collapse! Imagine a large one!! Worse comes to worse, I can sell the buildings, put the proceeds into some mutual funds and live off the interest, maybe not as much money to live on as the rents would pay, but I wouldn't be uncomfortable either, but then there's that risk of a market crash that does make me uncomfortable. Whatever I do it's going to be a gamble, but I think the rental business is less risky, not free of risk but less then mutual funds. For right now and for the foreseeable future it's rental property for income.
He doesn't have a ti bike and never did. His rides are all on a video game. Like it is a big deal to do the Death Ride in California. Except for the altitude, the actual climbing isn't that hard. The length is the problem but if you start when you're supposed to there's no problem. All of the guys swaggering around with Death Ride jerseys or jackets are the newbies. Our club used to do round Lake Tahoe every single year. Up until they started acting like jackasses we also used to do a little more than 100 miles from here to Aptos and back the next day. Seattle Portland is I think 220 miles and you'd start in the dark so that you could do the entire double in one day. Two years ago our club did an alternate route for the Best of the Bay and the double had 8,000 feet of climbing I think. But PansyBob gets his information from bicycle magazines.

Normal riders wouldn't think that a titanium alloy bike is flexible. I had an Oval Master Colnago and no one could call that flexible and the pro teams that used it only complained that it was a little heavy (less than a lb I think)

I went to l'Alpe d'Huez for Armstrong's fifth win and the second he started talking about riding it on a video game I knew he was just another phony.

Since I have had a serious concussion long after I wrote that paper I know that your "medical authorities" were full of it as well. A large group of us were pulling off of a bicycle path and going through a parking lot. The guy next to me said that my speedo magnet was making noise so I bent over to adjust it. My head wasn't 2 feet off of the ground when that carbon fiber fork exploded apart and dropped me just that 2 feet. I was knocked out for over 5 minutes. The bones in my brow ridge were broken right through the helmet. And I had the worst sort of concussion you can have though thankfully it wasn't in the hemisphere that would injure my thought processes.

When Bell was developing the helmet I went to their facility and they showed me what they were doing. They explained everything and we worked out the figures of what they were doing. Do you understand that? These devices are designed to protect the skull and my skull was cracked from a 2 foot fall. The modern standard is that they ONLY protect the weight of your head in a 6 foot fall. If there is any weight of your body behind it they are useless. When was the last time you hit your head in a fall that didn't carry some body weight behind it? They are not designed to prevent concussion and there's no way they can design one to do so. Such a helmet would be wider than your shoulders.

So your "medical authorities" have statistical evidence that has been tainted with improved reporting and bad statistics from earlier assumptions.

I have said this before - you should wear a helmet, but just because it protects from minor injuries in the most common forms of bicycle accidents - simple fall-offs that do not involve a motor vehicle. If you are hit by a car doing 35 mph you have a one in four chance of surviving. If you are hit by a car doing 45 or more you're dead. That lady that pulled though the stop sign hit me at less than 10 mph. It broke all of the components on the bike, bent the frame slightly and broke my helmet and gave me tons of road rash as I rolled off of the top of her hood and sore muscles for two weeks. My toenail is only half grown in. And you think that an inch and a half of Styrofoam is going to save your life?

He doesn't have a ti bike and never did.

Liar.

A pic of that bike has been posted multiple times on this forum. Stacked up with the track bike, a Raleigh and a pair if Pinarellos. Go search for it asshole. That'll give your fat ass something to do and keep you from lying for a few minutes.

Then apologize for your repeated lying. Like your ******** magnet and steel nipples ****. More lies.

One lie after another from you tommy. You're just a lying sack of ****.

And I had the worst sort of concussion you can have though thankfully it wasn't in the hemisphere that would injure my thought processes.

LMAO! So...was it a previous blow or a subsequent one that 'injured' your thought process?!?!?!

This **** is getting better all the time!

oh boy, now tommy the Lunatic was conferring with the people at Bell before they made their first bicycle helmet and they wanted to see his figures...LOL, my god, this is like Forest Gump, he's been everywhere in history.