What sunglasses do you use for riding?

Verve2

Jan 26, 2018
I find clip-ons leave a gap at the top between the glasses and the helmet visor. Lately I've been using large over-glasses polarized sunglasses that work really well - I get 0 intrusion at the top. I don't even lose any significant peripheral view since these particular ones actually have lenses at the sides.

What do you use?

ycnx5kmh

Oakley M frames. Had them since 2005 I'm guessing. Beat up, finish on frames is thrashed but I love them as they have no frame around the outer and lower edges. That really impairs my vision for some reason. I could not use those you posted in the OP.

I do replace my lens every couple of years by contacting Oakley and getting a replacement lens for a good price. O have tried new models and they suck imo, not into thick frames and radio in my ear scene. :D

I have a big nose so it's hard to fit and I hate looking for new glasses.

20180410_180414.jpg

Reactions: Alex Lans
I don't think so.

I didn't realize you were looking for something to fit over glasses.
Looking at everything - seeing what people use. Those Oakleys look super light. The over-glasses pair I'm currently using aren't bad as far as weight/comfort but who knows, I might consider contacts.

don't get crazy with high priced sunglasses, those high priced jobs use plastic lenses which scratch pretty easily then you have to get another lens which for the high prices glasses will cost more then a new mid level pair of sunglasses. I went with Tifosi because the replacement lenses are cheap, but they have high quality lenses with no distortion.

We're in a sport where all these companies that make products for cycling put on at least 1000% surcharge onto certain things like sunglasses. Oakleys, as well as others are made mostly in China and they get them for about $1 each.

There are other good low cost glasses that have gotten rave reviews like the Ryders Via Photochromic; Zeal Optics Penny Lane; Rudy Project Tralyx; and Smith Pivlock Arena.

I use Uvex Sportsyle 116. It's great because It comes with two compatible replacement lenses in mirror orange and clear. In this way, you can perfectly adapt the glasses to the prevailing light conditions.

While I'd consider myself a cycling enthusiast, I'm not really as enthusiastic when it comes to road cycling, and therefore don't really wear what one would consider your typical cyclist attire.

I'm a mountain biker, so when I head out into the forest for a ride, I wear my typical hiking equipment, and that includes my Ray Ban sunglasses.

I got tired of buying cheap sunglasses that would constantly break on me, so I decided to go a bit more expensive and pick up a pair of Ray Ban Wayfarer sunglasses. Typical, cheap glasses would last me two or three months at most, but I've had my Ray Bans for the last four years and couldn't be happier. I consider them my all-purpose sunglasses.

I use ANSI Z87.1 wellbeing glasses from eyeweb. It's extraordinary in light of the fact that It lenses points in reflect blue and various shadings .its lenses points are cleaned. Along these lines, you can impeccably adjust the glasses to the overall light conditions.

I find clip-ons leave a gap at the top between the glasses and the helmet visor. Lately I've been using large over-glasses polarized sunglasses that work really well - I get 0 intrusion at the top. I don't even lose any significant peripheral view since these particular ones actually have lenses at the sides.

What do you use?

ycnx5kmh
Just what I use. They are especially good for winter riding as they block most of the cold wind from getting to my eyes and having them tear up.

Best regards
Barry

Specially wearing sunglass only to protect Your eyes to Uv rays because its good for Eyes because uv rays is harm for eyes

Oakley M frames. Had them since 2005 I'm guessing. Beat up, finish on frames is thrashed but I love them as they have no frame around the outer and lower edges. That really impairs my vision for some reason. I could not use those you posted in the OP.

I do replace my lens every couple of years by contacting Oakley and getting a replacement lens for a good price. O have tried new models and they suck imo, not into thick frames and radio in my ear scene. :D

I have a big nose so it's hard to fit and I hate looking for new glasses.

View attachment 2876
Cool!:cool:

What do you use?

ycnx5kmh

You can use Cash App if you don’t have a bank account. First, download the app, then set up your wallet and use the Cash App card to pay for things. When you link your bank account to your PayPal account, it will mean that you are verified. If you do not, then there may be some limitations on the transactions that you can make.
https://cashappquery.com/

Its hard to go past the Oakley Sutro! I still think they look the best even though they're a few years old.

I have a few pairs of Oakley’s. I find the best for me to be radar or radar lock as I like the amount of peripheral vision you get with them. At the moment I’m wearing my poc glasses most of the time. I’m not sure the lenses are as good quality as Oakley. But they do me just fine and again I think they offer excellent all round vision.

Will they fit over glasses?
No, and with one piece lenses you can have them cut to prescription. If you find a set of plastic sunglasses that are in two lenses, you can usually get them cut to prescription. One of the things to be aware of is that the frames have to fit your face so that the tops seal fairly well just off of your eyebrows so that wind (especially cold wind) doesn't blow across your eyes and make them water on rides.