The Thread about Nothing....

Lots. ****** wasn't a fat Cnut who believed in shape meant round.

On the other hand, they have paranoia and delusions of adequacy in common....

Reactions: paulambry
20220129_115513.jpg
20220129_115531.jpg
Not a fat **** owned, ex ****** Mercedes

Yep. Bit of a hero of mine as a kid, stayed at our place a couple of times with his brother Paul, but wouldn’t really say I knew him (know Paul pretty well). As stylish a rider as I have ever seen. I rode a vic pointscore title at Warragul one year. Dean just back home from the six days, went off the front for about twenty laps. Fuuuuuuck, shredded the bunch, one long line chasing. Only about a dozen finished on the same lap, proud to say I was one of them. I even did a turn. Maybe two.

Reactions: steve
Yep. Bit of a hero of mine as a kid, stayed at our place a couple of times with his brother Paul, but wouldn’t really say I knew him (know Paul pretty well). As stylish a rider as I have ever seen. I rode a vic pointscore title at Warragul one year. Dean just back home from the six days, went off the front for about twenty laps. Fuuuuuuck, shredded the bunch, one long line chasing. Only about a dozen finished on the same lap, proud to say I was one of them. I even did a turn. Maybe two.
Very sad news :(

It’s been a huge week in male Australian sporting deaths. Three legends in a week.

Dean Woods, now;
DPF Rod Marsh (another childhood hero)
DPF Shane Warne (can’t believe he porked Liz Hurley, but it is rumoured she ho’s herself out for £50000 a pop)

Yeah, fark, that's obviously a big shock about Warney. Jeeezuz.
Did anyone know Woods was sick? He was one of my heroes. I stayed up all night to watch the velodrome stuff at the 1986 Edinburgh Comm Games. I vaguely remember that it was/is an outdoor track, and rain interrupted a few races. I might've stayed up until 6 or 7am to watch him win the 4k pursuit

Obviously we should have been choosing sports people for the Dead Pool this year.

Marsh massive heart attack, Warne suspected heart attack. There seems to be a trend developing here.

Yeah, fark, that's obviously a big shock about Warney. Jeeezuz.
Did anyone know Woods was sick? He was one of my heroes. I stayed up all night to watch the velodrome stuff at the 1986 Edinburgh Comm Games. I vaguely remember that it was/is an outdoor track, and rain interrupted a few races. I might've stayed up until 6 or 7am to watch him win the 4k pursuit
I’d heard.

I’ll tell you all another reason Woodsy was a hero. He was ahead of the curve. They cancelled Neighbours to show him in the final of the pursuit at the 88 Olympic games. Only took another 34 years for them to cancel it properly by doing it permanently.

Forgot to add John Landy as well, just over a week ago

I’ve got a mate who had a heart attack in Thailand. Told me it was “just a bit of plaque passing through”.

Interesting that Warne has had Covid. They reckon it affects the ticker.

I’ve got a mate who had a heart attack in Thailand. Told me it was “just a bit of plaque passing through”.

Interesting that Warne has had Covid. They reckon it affects the ticker.

Yeah it does. I had it in Jan and for a month or so after, easy rides were at 140bpm+ when they should have been sub 90bpm. Was really concerned for a while there.

Still a bit ****ed from it now. Struggled in a crit last week in melb that should have been **** easy. The heart side is fine, but just don't have the usual top end. Mind you I only had bad symptoms for about a day, if I wasn't training I probably wouldn't have even known I had it. I wouldn't have expected this heart, lung, and fatigue-related stuff to linger for a month or two.

Pre covid 7-800km weeks were the norm and were being managed well. This week, i'll be lucky to get 200km in and I'm feeling pretty trashed right now.

The best thing you can do is don't get the ****ing thing.

Reactions: bbp
Been avoiding it, well like the plague. Half the ****ing office seems to have picked it up at one stage, a couple of them have even come in not knowing they had it. I’ve been lucky. A manger at work had it, kicked his **** for a month. Flu symptoms, loss of smell, covid brain. Rides the bike and does a few miles, everyone saying “oh, he’s fit, he should get over it easy”. No, if you are that fit you are always immuno depressed.

I’d say back off or even hang the bike up for a few weeks Steve if you are still feeling a bit ****. Not worth putting yourself in a big hole for.

Reactions: bbp and steve