Sorry - a bit late with my names this year
My (themed) picks are:
Vanessa Redgrave 30 Jan 1937
Robert Redford 18 Aug 1936
Red Symons 13 June 1949
Mikhail Gorbachev 2 Mar 1931

Reactions: paulambry
vjvTuW1.png

**** Leakey? Did he have a sister *****?

His parent needed a kick in the nuts and ovaries.

I saw it. Didn’t dislike it, but didn’t necessarily like it either. Can’t put my finger on it really. Script maybe a bit disjointed, some of the hokey dialogue jarred with me, it being nearly 3 ****ing hours.

It was okay up to the opening credits.

Greetings TANners! Belated wishes for Christmas and the New Year. I was almost a Dead Pool Fail - just got home from 38 days in hospital, 12 of those in ICU. Gallstone pancreatitis, I don't recommend it. Didn't eat anything for 16 days, but did I lose my bely fat? **** no! My body decided to cannibalse my muscles instead, so now I am as weak as a kitten. Mr M has lots of healthy high protein meals planned to get me back on track. The evil gall bladder gets removed as soon as conditions are favourable. Meanwhile I get to sit back, relax and chew through my sick leave.

Dead Pool selections will follow when I have a bit more energy to apply to the subject.

That's a hideous state of affairs Ma. I believe pancreatitis is excruciating, you poor bugger.

I hope you get your strength back soon.

**** deal on the muscle loss rather than any spare flesh. You don't have to be dead to be stiff.

Paul, I can honestly say it was the worse pain I have ever felt in my life and I have a high pain threshold. I was on a cocktail of opiates that would have dropped an elephant. Interestingly, despite being on them continuously for nearly 2 weeks, when they all stopped, there were no withdrawal issues, no opiate cravings- nothing.

Unfortunately, the body always goes for muscle first in these situations, but I'm working on building myself up. Weighed myself this morning and found I'd lost 6 kgs which I could do with if it was fat, but would prefer to hang on to my muscles.

Jeez ma, that’s certainly a nasty way to start the year! Glad to hear that you are slowly on the mend tho and hoping it continues smoothly.

Nah, I had the fun button. According to Mr M, I pressed it quite a lot in the early days, but I really have no memory of my first week and a half in the hospital.

Sorry to hear that managing, hope you're feeling better.

No, you can’t put yourself in the dead pool.

DPF - Betty Davis. I assumed she was dead years ago, but but that was Bette Davis, someone else entirely (apparently), but the one Kim Carnes sang about.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Betty - not much live footage, but pretty damn funky!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: classic1