The Thread about Nothing....

Alex Pike, Nathan Buckley's main squeeze:

"Her tips for extending her life include drinking green juice daily to 'get her body into an alkaline state', guided meditation - and staring at the sun.

'I'm a firm believer in spending some time in the sun without sunglasses on and really looking into the sun directly,' she said.

'I think it is really healing and really good for your energy levels."

I think staring into the sun is really good for messing up your vision, but what would I know?

DPF Anne Rice. Didn’t realise she was that old.

Do you think they drove a stake through her heart to make sure she can’t rise again as one of the undead, to suck the blood of the living?

Had the Pfizer booster shot on Wednesday. Didn’t have any real reactions to the first two, just a sore arm and a little bit tired. This one no such luck. On and off feeling like I’ve got a low level hangover, and achy legs and joints. Hopefully it passes tomorrow.

Are you afraid the Lord will strike thee down for not resting on the Sabbath? Or is it the dragging one's carcass out of bed on Monday morning?

I ****ed my back about a month ago and only bothered to see my usual therapist to get it fixed on Monday. I’d avoided ringing him as he works out of a retirement home. Had a trapped nerve. He fixed it but said it was really inflamed and would take a few days to settle down. It spasmed that night. I could not roll over, I had to crawl onto the floor, could not stand up. Had to wait for it to settle before I could stand.

I’ve broken bones, had teeth smashed out, had a perforated bowel, wisdom teeth pulled, fell off my bike at 50kmh+, hit in the nuts, been knocked out… I reckon it was the worst pain I’ve ever experienced, at least as bad as the perforated bowel (I have diverticulitis).