UK and Europe · Public discussion

Re: Scaried monent on a bike?

Started by Chris Slade · · Last activity · 1 post · 251 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
16 August 2006
Last activity
16 August 2006
Original author
Chris Slade
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
251
Views / 30 days
3
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Quoted message said:

    What about all of you?

    About 20 years ago, in the middle of winter, cycling along a well iced road
    and onto a roundabout only to see the tractor unit of an articulated lorry
    approaching the first entrance rather quickly. He obviously saw me as he
    applied the brakes and locked up the wheels, and continued on his course
    towards the roundabout with unabated speed. I somehow managed to slow down
    and he missed me by a couple of feet. I'm glad modern bikes have better
    brakes than mid-80s Raleighs.

    More recently, this morning in fact, I had a close call with the bane of my
    life, left hand drive cars. Coming across Northam Bridge in Southampton, I
    was privileged to get a very close view of the wing mirror of some crappy
    hot hatch flying past me at a far greater speed than it should have been.
    I've no doubt that he noticed me, and all the other vehicles as he overtook
    them on the left and the right. Sadly I suspect that the police had their
    hands full with an accident on the other side of the dual carriageway. I
    didn't get his number, but I'll be looking out for him in future.
    --
    Chris

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.