General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

My little boy

Started by hotmoon · · Last activity · 530 posts · 12,009 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
30 October 2003
Last activity
24 April 2004
Original author
hotmoon
Posts
530
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
12,009
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–60 of 530
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I did come up with an alternative to polio - IV vitamin c mega doses.
    Anth

    "Rich" <,@.> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    (Jan) said:
    Quoted message said:

    Subject: Re: The importance of continuing mass polio vaccination (Was


    Re: My

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    little boy)
    From: "Anth" [email hidden]
    Date: 11/1/2003 4:26 PM Pacific Standard Time
    Message-id: <[email hidden]>

    Not really.
    Anth

    "WB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    >
    > Anth was that diatribe really necessary ?

    It was not necessary but since Anth is unable to intelligently discuss
    the pros and cons of vaccinating against polio given our knowledge of
    the virus, its virulence, its prevalence and the success of
    vaccination to prevent the disease, Anth can only divert attention
    from the discussion by a personal attack. And then of course
    predictably, Jan the hypocrite Drew, jumps on the bandwagon with her
    own obsessive drivel.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >
    > WB

    Strange that WB says that to you, and not to Joel Eichen.

    98% os his posts are not necessary.

    The discussion is polio and the need for vaccination. Neither Anth nor
    Jan seem interested in such a discussion. Sad that.

    Since this is misc.alternative.medicine I would like to challenge
    anyone to come up with some ALTERNATIVE to polio vaccine to giving
    mass vaccination. And please support your opinion with some objective
    evidence. If no one can suggest a viable alternative then I suggest
    that before you suggest that a child not be vaccinated against polio
    that you realize that if enough parents take your advice that polio
    epidemic will become commonplace where they have been nonexistent for
    years. A word to the wise.

    Aloha,

    Rich

    PS: Notice once again how Jan Drew completely ignores the lives of
    children that could be saved by being vaccinated against polio. And it
    is clear that she read the post since she responded to it. Jan
    continues to prove that she could not give a rat's ass about a child's
    life. She is much more interested in trashing those who have exposed
    her lies. Sad that.

    ------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------

    The best defense to logic is ignorance.

  2. http://www.seanet.com/~alexs/ascorbate/199x/landwehr-r-j_orthomol_med-1991-v6-n2-p99.htm
    Anth

  3. http://www.orthomed.com/polio.htm
    Anth

  4. Quoted message said:

    Subject: Re: The importance of continuing mass polio vaccination (Was Re: My
    little boy)
    From: "Anth" [email hidden]
    Date: 11/2/2003 1:44 AM Pacific Standard Time
    Message-id: <[email hidden]>

    I did come up with an alternative to polio - IV vitamin c mega doses.
    Anth

    Poor Rich only posts to tells us all about Jan, as his past record shows, he is
    obsessed.

    If you engage in discussion with him, you will be on his list of those to
    belittle.

    Quoted message said:

    Anth is unable to intelligently discuss

    Quoted message said:

    Anth can only divert attention

    Quoted message said:

    from the discussion by a personal attack

    Right after Rich did exactly that.

    Quoted message said:

    the hypocrite

    ZZzz.

    Jan

  5. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Anth said:

    I did come up with an alternative to polio - IV vitamin c mega doses.
    Anth

    How does it compare to the cost of the Salk vaccine?

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
    "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants
    were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

  6. On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 22:15:15 GMT, [email hidden] (David

    Wright) said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Anth said:

    I did come up with an alternative to polio - IV vitamin c mega doses.
    Anth

    How does it compare to the cost of the Salk vaccine?

    Cost is one factor. Another factor, assuming that megadose Vit C is
    actually effective, are the adverse effects. In other words if a
    million children infected with polio how many will have adverse
    effects, how many will die from the treatment?? Vaccination helps to
    PREVENT the polio infection whereas the Vitamin C treatment requires
    the person HAS the polio infection. I prefer prevention to getting the
    illness and hoping that the treatment will work.

    This all assumes that megadose Vitamin C actually is as effective as
    claimed. Even if it is we must look at both cost and adverse effects
    before determining whether it is a viable alternative.

    Aloha,
    Rich

    Quoted message said:


    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
    "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants
    were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

    ------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------

    The best defense to logic is ignorance.

  7. Not sure - 'aint tried it.
    It works when you have polio I have read, so it's not preventative measure.
    I'd rather take the preventative first and if that fails go the ascorbate.
    Anth

    "David Wright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Anth said:

    I did come up with an alternative to polio - IV vitamin c mega doses.
    Anth

    How does it compare to the cost of the Salk vaccine?

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
    "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants
    were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

  8. "Rich" <,@.> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 22:15:15 GMT, [email hidden] (David

    Wright) said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Anth said:

    I did come up with an alternative to polio - IV vitamin c mega doses.
    Anth

    How does it compare to the cost of the Salk vaccine?

    http://www.orthomed.com/civprep.htm
    http://www.nutri.com/wn/wn-pl.html

    PH grade pure ascorbate is probably more expensive - $148 bucks for 5kg of
    ascorbate with kit is going to cost a dollar or so..
    Not sure how much the Salk/Sabin vaccines cost.

    Quoted message said:

    Cost is one factor. Another factor, assuming that megadose Vit C is
    actually effective, are the adverse effects. In other words if a
    million children infected with polio how many will have adverse
    effects, how many will die from the treatment??

    Trials would have to tell that, I understand the advocates say it's
    reasonably non-toxic and it has been tested in animal models without visible
    toxicity.

    Quoted message said:

    Vaccination helps to
    PREVENT the polio infection whereas the Vitamin C treatment requires
    the person HAS the polio infection. I prefer prevention to getting the
    illness and hoping that the treatment will work.

    Yup that's why I would use it as a last resort.

    What are the long term side effects of vaccines - they are probably
    unknowns?

    Quoted message said:

    This all assumes that megadose Vitamin C actually is as effective as
    claimed. Even if it is we must look at both cost and adverse effects
    before determining whether it is a viable alternative.

    I don't think there's many alternatives once you have full blown polio other
    than sweating it out.
    Anth

    Quoted message said:

    Aloha,
    Rich

    Quoted message said:


    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
    "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants
    were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

    ------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------

    The best defense to logic is ignorance.

  9. "Rich" <,@.> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 22:15:15 GMT, [email hidden] (David

    Wright) said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Anth said:

    I did come up with an alternative to polio - IV vitamin c mega doses.
    Anth

    How does it compare to the cost of the Salk vaccine?

    http://www.orthomed.com/civprep.htm
    http://www.nutri.com/wn/wn-pl.html

    PH grade pure ascorbate is probably more expensive - $148 bucks for 5kg of
    ascorbate with kit is going to cost a dollar or so..
    Not sure how much the Salk/Sabin vaccines cost.

    Quoted message said:

    Cost is one factor. Another factor, assuming that megadose Vit C is
    actually effective, are the adverse effects. In other words if a
    million children infected with polio how many will have adverse
    effects, how many will die from the treatment??

    Trials would have to tell that, I understand the advocates say it's
    reasonably non-toxic and it has been tested in animal models without visible
    toxicity.

    Quoted message said:

    Vaccination helps to
    PREVENT the polio infection whereas the Vitamin C treatment requires
    the person HAS the polio infection. I prefer prevention to getting the
    illness and hoping that the treatment will work.

    Yup that's why I would use it as a last resort.

    What are the long term side effects of vaccines - they are probably
    unknowns?

    Quoted message said:

    This all assumes that megadose Vitamin C actually is as effective as
    claimed. Even if it is we must look at both cost and adverse effects
    before determining whether it is a viable alternative.

    I don't think there's many alternatives once you have full blown polio other
    than sweating it out.
    Anth

    Quoted message said:

    Aloha,
    Rich

    Quoted message said:


    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
    "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants
    were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

    ------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------

    The best defense to logic is ignorance.

  10. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Anth said:

    Not sure - 'aint tried it.
    It works when you have polio I have read, so it's not preventative measure.
    I'd rather take the preventative first and if that fails go the ascorbate.

    So it doesn't sound like you're really in disagreement with
    vaccinating and are just arguing for the hell of it?

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
    "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants
    were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

    Quoted message said:

    Anth

    "David Wright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Anth said:

    I did come up with an alternative to polio - IV vitamin c mega doses.
    Anth

    How does it compare to the cost of the Salk vaccine?

  11. I don't think vaccines are as 'safe' as they make them out to be.
    Anth

    "David Wright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Anth said:

    Not sure - 'aint tried it.
    It works when you have polio I have read, so it's not preventative


    measure.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I'd rather take the preventative first and if that fails go the


    ascorbate.

    Quoted message said:


    So it doesn't sound like you're really in disagreement with
    vaccinating and are just arguing for the hell of it?

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
    "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants
    were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

    Quoted message said:

    Anth

    "David Wright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    Anth <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >I did come up with an alternative to polio - IV vitamin c mega doses.
    >Anth

    How does it compare to the cost of the Salk vaccine?

  12. http://www.ssani.gov.uk/gbi/benefits/VacDamage.htm
    Pitiful amount of money people get in this country for being disabled by
    vaccines.
    Thankful that they are quite rare.
    Anth

    "David Wright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Anth said:

    Not sure - 'aint tried it.
    It works when you have polio I have read, so it's not preventative


    measure.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I'd rather take the preventative first and if that fails go the


    ascorbate.

    Quoted message said:


    So it doesn't sound like you're really in disagreement with
    vaccinating and are just arguing for the hell of it?

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
    "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants
    were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

    Quoted message said:

    Anth

    "David Wright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    Anth <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >I did come up with an alternative to polio - IV vitamin c mega doses.
    >Anth

    How does it compare to the cost of the Salk vaccine?

  13. "Anth" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I don't think vaccines are as 'safe' as they make them out to be.

    Wearing a seatbelt isn't safe for everybody. Are they safer, far the vast
    majority, than non-vaccination? Do you understand this issue?

    moo

    Quoted message said:

    "David Wright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Anth said:

    Not sure - 'aint tried it.
    It works when you have polio I have read, so it's not preventative


    measure.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I'd rather take the preventative first and if that fails go the


    ascorbate.

    Quoted message said:


    So it doesn't sound like you're really in disagreement with
    vaccinating and are just arguing for the hell of it?

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
    "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants
    were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

    Quoted message said:

    Anth

    "David Wright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > In article <[email hidden]>,
    > Anth <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >I did come up with an alternative to polio - IV vitamin c mega


    doses.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >Anth
    >
    > How does it compare to the cost of the Salk vaccine?

  14. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Anth said:

    I don't think vaccines are as 'safe' as they make them out to be.

    How nice. Until you present some sort of rationale or evidence,
    whatever you "think" is so much vaporing.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
    "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants
    were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

    Quoted message said:

    "David Wright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Anth said:

    Not sure - 'aint tried it.
    It works when you have polio I have read, so it's not preventative


    measure.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I'd rather take the preventative first and if that fails go the


    ascorbate.

    Quoted message said:


    So it doesn't sound like you're really in disagreement with
    vaccinating and are just arguing for the hell of it?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    "David Wright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > In article <[email hidden]>,
    > Anth <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >I did come up with an alternative to polio - IV vitamin c mega doses.
    > >Anth
    >
    > How does it compare to the cost of the Salk vaccine?

  15. "Happy Dog" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    "Anth" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I don't think vaccines are as 'safe' as they make them out to be.

    Wearing a seatbelt isn't safe for everybody. Are they safer, far the vast
    majority, than non-vaccination? Do you understand this issue?

    moo

    Wearing a seatbelt IS safer for everybody.

  16. hotmoon <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Happy Dog" <[email hidden]> wrote in message


    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    "Anth" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I don't think vaccines are as 'safe' as they make them out to be.

    Wearing a seatbelt isn't safe for everybody. Are they safer, far the


    vast

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    majority, than non-vaccination? Do you understand this issue?

    moo

    Wearing a seatbelt IS safer for everybody.

    Not always and not under any circumstance and not for everyone.

    --

    Robert Bronsing

    Can't you see?
    It all makes perfect sense,
    expressed in dollars and cents, pounds, shillings and pence

    (R. Waters)

  17. Bronsing <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    hotmoon <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Happy Dog" <[email hidden]> wrote in message


    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    "Anth" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > I don't think vaccines are as 'safe' as they make them out to be.

    Wearing a seatbelt isn't safe for everybody. Are they safer, far the


    vast

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    majority, than non-vaccination? Do you understand this issue?

    moo

    Wearing a seatbelt IS safer for everybody.

    Not always and not under any circumstance and not for everyone.

    But let me add that I in no way (NO WAY) advocate not wearing seatbelts.

    --

    Robert Bronsing

    Can't you see?
    It all makes perfect sense,
    expressed in dollars and cents, pounds, shillings and pence

    (R. Waters)

  18. Gulf war syndrome.
    Anth

    "David Wright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Anth said:

    I don't think vaccines are as 'safe' as they make them out to be.

    How nice. Until you present some sort of rationale or evidence,
    whatever you "think" is so much vaporing.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
    "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants
    were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

    Quoted message said:

    "David Wright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    Anth <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >Not sure - 'aint tried it.
    >It works when you have polio I have read, so it's not preventative


    measure.

    Quoted message said:

    >I'd rather take the preventative first and if that fails go the


    ascorbate.

    Quoted message said:


    So it doesn't sound like you're really in disagreement with
    vaccinating and are just arguing for the hell of it?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >"David Wright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >news:[email hidden]...
    >> In article <[email hidden]>,
    >> Anth <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >> >I did come up with an alternative to polio - IV vitamin c mega


    doses.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> >Anth
    >>
    >> How does it compare to the cost of the Salk vaccine?

  19. Also mycoplasmas in the bovine material used to make the vaccine - this
    stuff then makes it into the blood.
    Anth

    "David Wright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Anth said:

    I don't think vaccines are as 'safe' as they make them out to be.

    How nice. Until you present some sort of rationale or evidence,
    whatever you "think" is so much vaporing.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
    "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants
    were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

    Quoted message said:

    "David Wright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    Anth <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >Not sure - 'aint tried it.
    >It works when you have polio I have read, so it's not preventative


    measure.

    Quoted message said:

    >I'd rather take the preventative first and if that fails go the


    ascorbate.

    Quoted message said:


    So it doesn't sound like you're really in disagreement with
    vaccinating and are just arguing for the hell of it?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >"David Wright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >news:[email hidden]...
    >> In article <[email hidden]>,
    >> Anth <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >> >I did come up with an alternative to polio - IV vitamin c mega


    doses.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> >Anth
    >>
    >> How does it compare to the cost of the Salk vaccine?

  20. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Anth said:

    Gulf war syndrome.

    That might have relevance to soldiers in Iraq. Maybe.

    How about the rest of us?

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
    "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants
    were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

    Quoted message said:

    "David Wright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Anth said:

    I don't think vaccines are as 'safe' as they make them out to be.

    How nice. Until you present some sort of rationale or evidence,
    whatever you "think" is so much vaporing.

    Quoted message said:

    "David Wright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > In article <[email hidden]>,
    > Anth <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >Not sure - 'aint tried it.
    > >It works when you have polio I have read, so it's not preventative
    measure.
    > >I'd rather take the preventative first and if that fails go the
    ascorbate.
    >
    > So it doesn't sound like you're really in disagreement with
    > vaccinating and are just arguing for the hell of it?

    Quoted message said:

    > >"David Wright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email hidden]...
    > >> In article <[email hidden]>,
    > >> Anth <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >> >I did come up with an alternative to polio - IV vitamin c mega


    doses.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >Anth
    > >>
    > >> How does it compare to the cost of the Salk vaccine?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.