• 21-25 pounds

Votes: 810 62.3%
  • 26 pounds or more

Votes: 371 28.5%

• Total voters
My Cannondale Jekyl is about 22 pounds.
GT Force road bike 21 pounds.
Trek 5200 17.4 pounds

Bianchi Mega Pro XL Record - 16 lbs. without pedals.

Can anybody recommend really light pedals with traps for everyday use?

Originally posted by Randal Lovelace
I just weighed both of the bikes if have....

Huffy Blue Ridge 18sp MTB - 34 pounds.....

Lotus Elan 12sp Road bike - 25 pounds....

How much does the bike you ride weigh?

2003 Specialized Allez Elite Road Bike

Full Shimano 105 (w/ Triple Crank)
Aluminum Frame with Carbon Fork and Seat Post
Shimano SPD-R535 Pedals

17.5 lbs (striped of everything non-essetial, exactly as I race it)

Originally posted by steve
34 pounds! I bet its good on decents :D

My cannondale would be about 8.5-9kg at a guess

I cant imagine it would be much good at anything, its a HUFFY!!! afterall...

my dmr is around 25 lbs... niiice and light, Cromoly mountainbike.

Ryffranck Genius Mega Tube, custom made, all steel (frame, fork),
Chorus '97- 9 speed weigts 8,5 - 8,8kg that depands of wheels custom made by Ryffranck, too. My best bike and wheels of my life - I'm 55 y.o. racing cyclist.

Easton ultralight tubing helps and the Ultegra compo rounds it out at around 18+.

Wait! Is that With or Without full waterebottles? ;)

Originally posted by Randal Lovelace
I just weighed both of the bikes if have....

Huffy Blue Ridge 18sp MTB - 34 pounds.....

Lotus Elan 12sp Road bike - 25 pounds....

How much does the bike you ride weigh?

Gary Fisher Sugar @24 pounds
KHS fetish @ 46 pounds

At least 50lbs

Oh yeah, i'm riding in style...
All that i know about my piece is that it is a silver sekai and that it was registered in MN in 1973. All original components. I put a new seat on it, and new cork on the handlebars and BAM!
It screams on the downhills though...well it's more of a constant squeak.

I ride a tri-cycle and it is hard to lift but I ride it every day in a city that has no flat places and wind that blows against you no matter what direction you go. I smile all day for the exhilaration it gives me and since I have the only tri-cycle in the area people look and laugh so I bring joy to the whole area. Especialy since my grey beard and aged body sits on it. I have become a fixture and people look for me to come around. Biking is a joy no matter what kind.

Somewhere back about 20 pages or so I said that my 03 Cdale F400 weighed in at 29.4....well I put it on a diet and it is down to 26. Stupid thorn resistant tubes are really heavy, I guess I should have listened to what the guy at the bike shop was saying to me instead of just saying Yes, Yes, Yes!

Later
Cotty

Here´s my 7.3 kg Scott Cr-1 in size XXL. Geometrywize it´s a tad larger than a TREK size 62.
Here pictured with heavy training wheels thus the weight of 7.3 kg´s
That´s 16.01 pounds.

mrowkoob said:
Here´s my 7.3 kg Scott Cr-1 in size XXL. Geometrywize it´s a tad larger than a TREK size 62.
Here pictured with heavy training wheels thus the weight of 7.3 kg´s
That´s 16.01 pounds.
MROWKOOB, IVE SAID IT BEFORE AND I'LL SAY IT AGAIN, THAT IS ONE DAMN SEXY PIECE OF KIT.

Moots Vamoots: 16.5 lbs w/pedals.

Mrowkoob: I noticed you have wheels built around the DT Swiss R1.1 rims. How do you keep the sidwalls looking new. What brake pad are you using. I have numerous wheel sets using this rim and can't keep the rim sidewalls clean of pad residue. Any advice?

-Wm.

uuuh a Moots... yummy. If I´m ever going to get a titanium bike the Moots is first in line. What a beautiful handcrafted bike.

Sorry to dissapoint you with the rims though. I use the standard campa brakepads with this wheelset. It doesn´t bother me that wear will start to show. It´s just regular training wheels and they get worn... they will get the same treatment as the rest of the bike, (water and a wipedown) plus degreasing and new oil for those parts who need that ofcourse. Right now the sidewalls look new because they are. I never really had any problem with brakepads making my wheels so "ugly" I had to clean them in a special way. I know many with black braking surfaces uses black marker pens to recreate the new look. A guess would be some kind of metal polish would clean the brakingsurface (but I dont know what that would do to the stoppingpower) also any kind of polishing would probably wear the rim down quicker. I just keep my brakepads clean.

mrowkoob said:
uuuh a Moots... yummy. If I´m ever going to get a titanium bike the Moots is first in line. What a beautiful handcrafted bike.

Sorry to dissapoint you with the rims though. I use the standard campa brakepads with this wheelset. It doesn´t bother me that wear will start to show. It´s just regular training wheels and they get worn... they will get the same treatment as the rest of the bike, (water and a wipedown) plus degreasing and new oil for those parts who need that ofcourse. Right now the sidewalls look new because they are. I never really had any problem with brakepads making my wheels so "ugly" I had to clean them in a special way. I know many with black braking surfaces uses black marker pens to recreate the new look. A guess would be some kind of metal polish would clean the brakingsurface (but I dont know what that would do to the stoppingpower) also any kind of polishing would probably wear the rim down quicker. I just keep my brakepads clean.

mrowkoob: Thanks for the info. I have a very difficult time keeping the 1.1's looking new. The fine grooves in the sidewalls hold the pad residue. Nothing I've tried will remove it (scotchbrite, steel wool, acetone, etc.). I agree that it's just part of the ride, but I like to keep my bikes in "like new" condition. Just a personal preference. If I come up with something that works well without a fuss, I'll let you know. Regards,

-Wm.

I have a Look KX Light w/ Easton EC-90 handlebars, Full Dura-Ace, Mavic Helium Wheelset, SLR saddle, GP Attack/Force tires, and speedplay X-2, Totaling up to 6.95kg (15.3lbs).