• Total voters

bondo

May 15, 2004
My Cannondale Jekyl is about 22 pounds.
GT Force road bike 21 pounds.
Trek 5200 17.4 pounds

netdog

May 1, 2004
Bianchi Mega Pro XL Record - 16 lbs. without pedals.

Can anybody recommend really light pedals with traps for everyday use?

wildearth2001

Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by Randal Lovelace
I just weighed both of the bikes if have....

Huffy Blue Ridge 18sp MTB - 34 pounds.....

Lotus Elan 12sp Road bike - 25 pounds....

How much does the bike you ride weigh?

2003 Specialized Allez Elite Road Bike

Full Shimano 105 (w/ Triple Crank)
Aluminum Frame with Carbon Fork and Seat Post
Shimano SPD-R535 Pedals

17.5 lbs (striped of everything non-essetial, exactly as I race it)

Ritch

Apr 19, 2004
Originally posted by steve
34 pounds! I bet its good on decents :D

My cannondale would be about 8.5-9kg at a guess

I cant imagine it would be much good at anything, its a HUFFY!!! afterall...

my dmr is around 25 lbs... niiice and light, Cromoly mountainbike.

Artaristo

Apr 10, 2004
Ryffranck Genius Mega Tube, custom made, all steel (frame, fork),
Chorus '97- 9 speed weigts 8,5 - 8,8kg that depands of wheels custom made by Ryffranck, too. My best bike and wheels of my life - I'm 55 y.o. racing cyclist.

BFD

Jun 10, 2004
Easton ultralight tubing helps and the Ultegra compo rounds it out at around 18+.

Wait! Is that With or Without full waterebottles? ;)

flametattoo

Jun 14, 2004
Originally posted by Randal Lovelace
I just weighed both of the bikes if have....

Huffy Blue Ridge 18sp MTB - 34 pounds.....

Lotus Elan 12sp Road bike - 25 pounds....

How much does the bike you ride weigh?

Gary Fisher Sugar @24 pounds
KHS fetish @ 46 pounds

mysilver70sekai

Jun 24, 2004
At least 50lbs

Oh yeah, i'm riding in style...
All that i know about my piece is that it is a silver sekai and that it was registered in MN in 1973. All original components. I put a new seat on it, and new cork on the handlebars and BAM!
It screams on the downhills though...well it's more of a constant squeak.

eauxx

Mar 21, 2004
I ride a tri-cycle and it is hard to lift but I ride it every day in a city that has no flat places and wind that blows against you no matter what direction you go. I smile all day for the exhilaration it gives me and since I have the only tri-cycle in the area people look and laugh so I bring joy to the whole area. Especialy since my grey beard and aged body sits on it. I have become a fixture and people look for me to come around. Biking is a joy no matter what kind.

cotty

Jun 16, 2003
Somewhere back about 20 pages or so I said that my 03 Cdale F400 weighed in at 29.4....well I put it on a diet and it is down to 26. Stupid thorn resistant tubes are really heavy, I guess I should have listened to what the guy at the bike shop was saying to me instead of just saying Yes, Yes, Yes!

Later
Cotty

mrowkoob

Dec 23, 2003
Here´s my 7.3 kg Scott Cr-1 in size XXL. Geometrywize it´s a tad larger than a TREK size 62.
Here pictured with heavy training wheels thus the weight of 7.3 kg´s
That´s 16.01 pounds.

ALAN OBRIEN

Jan 23, 2004
mrowkoob said:
Here´s my 7.3 kg Scott Cr-1 in size XXL. Geometrywize it´s a tad larger than a TREK size 62.
Here pictured with heavy training wheels thus the weight of 7.3 kg´s
That´s 16.01 pounds.
MROWKOOB, IVE SAID IT BEFORE AND I'LL SAY IT AGAIN, THAT IS ONE DAMN SEXY PIECE OF KIT.

[email protected]

Jan 26, 2004
Moots Vamoots: 16.5 lbs w/pedals.

Mrowkoob: I noticed you have wheels built around the DT Swiss R1.1 rims. How do you keep the sidwalls looking new. What brake pad are you using. I have numerous wheel sets using this rim and can't keep the rim sidewalls clean of pad residue. Any advice?

-Wm.

mrowkoob

Dec 23, 2003
uuuh a Moots... yummy. If I´m ever going to get a titanium bike the Moots is first in line. What a beautiful handcrafted bike.

Sorry to dissapoint you with the rims though. I use the standard campa brakepads with this wheelset. It doesn´t bother me that wear will start to show. It´s just regular training wheels and they get worn... they will get the same treatment as the rest of the bike, (water and a wipedown) plus degreasing and new oil for those parts who need that ofcourse. Right now the sidewalls look new because they are. I never really had any problem with brakepads making my wheels so "ugly" I had to clean them in a special way. I know many with black braking surfaces uses black marker pens to recreate the new look. A guess would be some kind of metal polish would clean the brakingsurface (but I dont know what that would do to the stoppingpower) also any kind of polishing would probably wear the rim down quicker. I just keep my brakepads clean.

[email protected]

Jan 26, 2004
mrowkoob said:
uuuh a Moots... yummy. If I´m ever going to get a titanium bike the Moots is first in line. What a beautiful handcrafted bike.

Sorry to dissapoint you with the rims though. I use the standard campa brakepads with this wheelset. It doesn´t bother me that wear will start to show. It´s just regular training wheels and they get worn... they will get the same treatment as the rest of the bike, (water and a wipedown) plus degreasing and new oil for those parts who need that ofcourse. Right now the sidewalls look new because they are. I never really had any problem with brakepads making my wheels so "ugly" I had to clean them in a special way. I know many with black braking surfaces uses black marker pens to recreate the new look. A guess would be some kind of metal polish would clean the brakingsurface (but I dont know what that would do to the stoppingpower) also any kind of polishing would probably wear the rim down quicker. I just keep my brakepads clean.

mrowkoob: Thanks for the info. I have a very difficult time keeping the 1.1's looking new. The fine grooves in the sidewalls hold the pad residue. Nothing I've tried will remove it (scotchbrite, steel wool, acetone, etc.). I agree that it's just part of the ride, but I like to keep my bikes in "like new" condition. Just a personal preference. If I come up with something that works well without a fuss, I'll let you know. Regards,

-Wm.

bananaman825

Jul 15, 2004
I have a Look KX Light w/ Easton EC-90 handlebars, Full Dura-Ace, Mavic Helium Wheelset, SLR saddle, GP Attack/Force tires, and speedplay X-2, Totaling up to 6.95kg (15.3lbs).