I had my lunch one day at a chinese restaurant comprising of Tofu with mixed vegetables with garlic sauce and steamed rice . The curry was very sweet probably on account of garic sauce and my BG shot up from 106 fasting to 144 and and took several days to return to normal . Do they use any sugar / syrup in garlic sauce .
The problem with much restaurant food is the use of highly unsaturated fats that have little antioxidant protection to them (some are so bad you can taste the ranciditiy). Try making your own Chinese food with soy sauce, sugar, salt, etc., but use fresh coconut oil instead of any other oil and see what happens. I'm not saying I know it will "cure" your "diabetes," but it would be worth it as a one-time experiment. Sugar is a problem after your body becomes dysfunction, not before. There is a common misconception that eating a lot of sugar will cause "diabetes," but think about it - if that were true, almost everyone in American would have diabetes (I'm talking "type II"😉. However, the "diabetes epidemic" has happened as consumption of refined, highly unsaturated oils has surged and consumption of antioxidant-rich food has declined. The cause to the "chronic diseases" is what's known as oxidative stress (free radical damage), and there are simple things you can do to avoid the worst aspects of it.
"Kamalakar Pasupuleti" <[email hidden]> wrote in news:[email hidden]:
Quoted message said:
I had my lunch one day at a chinese restaurant comprising of Tofu with mixed vegetables with garlic sauce and steamed rice . The curry was very sweet probably on account of garic sauce and my BG shot up from 106 fasting to 144 and and took several days to return to normal . Do they use any sugar / syrup in garlic sauce .
I'd be willing to bet that the culprit was actually the rice. However, "several days to return to normal" doesn't sound right; several *hours* would be more like it. Are you sure you weren't coming down with some sort of infection? That can cause a prolonged increase in BG.
"Kamalakar Pasupuleti" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
I had my lunch one day at a chinese restaurant comprising of Tofu with mixed vegetables with garlic sauce and steamed rice . The curry was very sweet probably on account of garic sauce and my BG shot up from 106 fasting to 144 and and took several days to return to normal . Do they use any sugar / syrup in garlic sauce .
"Kamalakar Pasupuleti" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
"Dr. Dickie" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]
Quoted message said:
Dude, What do you think rice is composed of?
I donot know . Pl. explain if only rice was the problem .
Kam
It is composed of starch. Starch is simply a chain of sugars. I didn't say that ONLY rice was the problem, but it was probably the highest in sugar of what you ate. Now having said that, that does not mean that it impacted your BG level the most, that is glycemic load. But I, like probably most diabetics, avoid rice if possible.