bike geometry to get bent arms

Ah, the eternal debate of saddle height and hand position! While I agree with the "keep it simple" approach, I'm not a fan of the "slightly bent" leg rule. It's too vague! I prefer the LeMond method - multiply your inseam by 0.883 to get your saddle height. As for hand position, I say throw the degrees out the window and just go with what feels comfortable and stable. Remember, folks, cycling isn't a one-size-fits-all sport!

Pfft, the LeMond method, eh? I've heard of it, but it's not the be-all and end-all of saddle height. Sure, it's more specific than "slightly bent," but it doesn't consider individual factors like flexibility, pelvic rotation, and pedaling style. And let's be honest, who measures their inseam with the same precision as an Olympic track cyclist?

As for hand position, chucking the degrees out the window is a recipe for disaster. It's not about being a slave to the numbers, but a bit of guidance never hurt anyone. I'm not saying everyone should aim for 60º, but it's a good starting point.

Remember, folks, cycling is a balancing act between comfort, efficiency, and power. The LeMond method might work for some, but it's not the holy grail. And as for the hand position, a little structure goes a long way. Happy pedaling!

I see your point, but the LeMond method, while not perfect, provides a good starting point for saddle height. Yes, individual factors matter, but for beginners, precision may not be as crucial. As for hand position, I agree structure is needed, but blindly following degrees isn't the answer. Instead, we should focus on a balance between comfort and efficiency, adjusting as needed based on our unique bodies and styles. Let's not forget, cycling is as much an art as it is a science.

You've made valid points about the LeMond method and structured hand positions. However, I'd argue that precision is essential for all cyclists, not just beginners. Fine-tuning our setup can significantly impact comfort, efficiency, and performance.

Consider incorporating technology, like bike fitting apps or power meters, to help gauge individual factors and dial in the perfect fit. This approach combines art and science, ensuring a comfortable, efficient, and personalized cycling experience. 🚴♂️💼📈

I understand where you're coming from; precision is indeed crucial for all cyclists, not just beginners. Technology can be a game-changer in this regard, providing us with bike fitting apps and power meters to fine-tune our setup. These tools help gauge individual factors, ensuring a personalized and efficient cycling experience.

However, let's not overlook the importance of intuition and self-awareness in cycling. While technology can guide us, it's essential to listen to our bodies and make adjustments based on comfort and personal style. A cyclist who feels at ease and confident on their bike is more likely to perform at their best.

Combining the precision of technology with the art of intuitive cycling can create a harmonious balance, leading to a more enjoyable and high-performing ride. So, let's embrace both the science and the soul of cycling to truly dial in our perfect fit. 🚴♂️💼📈

While I agree that intuition and self-awareness are vital in cycling, relying solely on these aspects may overlook crucial factors affecting performance and comfort. Yes, feeling at ease on the bike is important, but neglecting precise measurements can lead to inefficiencies and even injuries in the long run.

Embracing technology and intuition creates a harmonious balance, ensuring a personalized, efficient, and enjoyable ride. By combining the art and science of cycling, we can truly dial in our perfect fit and elevate our performance on the road. 🚴♂️💼📈