bike geometry to get bent arms

Checked my seat height with a goni to get 30º bend in my leg at extension.
I realize the extension will put my bars back a bit as well, but I have an OEM stem that's 10cm longer than what I'm riding now, to move the bars forward if need be.
I see stem/headset risers of around 4". Do I just ring to where I want the bars and then ring whatever is left above that? Or am I not understanding how the extension installs/works?

no. AS I said, I think between raised saddle and stem extension with the same stem will get my arms at little bent. May even have to go with a longer stem as the angle of the extension will bring the bars closer to me.

I've a question OP . When you put your elbow at tip of saddle - how close does it come to touching the handlebar?
I know many facts affect this saddle height fore aft position of saddle top tube length stem length rise ect.

I'm no expert bike fitter . I'd think saddle back a tad - moving hips back a tad.
A side view pic while pedaling ( frame grab ) would be helpful .

Ophelia was a storm.
about an inch from the center of the bars.
75% of the way up the stem, which I think is a 100mm
couple inches past the center of the stem cap.
A peddling frame grab is more difficult to achieve.
But I'll work on that.

I assume that steer tubes are commonly 1 1/8"? I'd think my CAAD9-6 is a fairly normal bike in parts sizing.

If Ophelia is only one inch away from the center of your bars, you got to brace yourself!

CAAD9 steerer tube should be fairly standard sizing. To be sure, the steerer tube diameter spec of the stem should be written on the stem. 28.6mm is standard spec for steerer tube diameter.

Also check the diameter of the handlebar at the stem. Standard diameters are either 31.8mm or 25.4mm. Most aftermarket stems are sold as 31.8mm. If somehow you end up with stem for 31.8mm handlebar and yours is 25.4, you also have to order a spacer to make your bar fit into a 31.8mm stem.

Ophelia has left the building. Onto todays flavor.

I forgot I had the OEM stem. diameter isn't on it, but at least I could measure without taking off whats mounted now. 1 1/8".
The dia of the handlebar is stamped and thats 31.8.
So it appears I am good to go what for the checking of cable length. Fingers crossed.

Ophelia has left the building. Onto todays flavor.

I forgot I had the OEM stem. diameter isn't on it, but at least I could measure without taking off whats mounted now. 1 1/8".
The dia of the handlebar is stamped and thats 31.8.
So it appears I am good to go what for the checking of cable length. Fingers crossed.

Ha! 1 1/8" is 28.6mm so it appears you have a very standard stem and that is a very good thing.

You won't have any problem finding 31.8 x 28.6 mm stems for your bike. Lots of cheap ones in Amazon, Ebay, LBS, etc.

bought a Lerway from bezos discount house of everything you don't need.
But didn't realize (duh) it's not adjustable as far as it's own height; it's one piece.
And it's way to tall at 4".
It sits on the fork steer tube, so wherever the steer tube ends thru the head tube, that's the start of the rise.
I'm not really interested in cutting the fork steer tube to make the adjust, coz if I'm off ....
Have to see if I can find a 2" version.

bought a Lerway from bezos discount house of everything you don't need.
But didn't realize (duh) it's not adjustable as far as it's own height; it's one piece.
And it's way to tall at 4".
It sits on the fork steer tube, so wherever the steer tube ends thru the head tube, that's the start of the rise.
I'm not really interested in cutting the fork steer tube to make the adjust, coz if I'm off ....
Have to see if I can find a 2" version.

If you don't need to return it, you should try the 4" first before looking for a 2". Who knows, you might end up liking it.

If you can keep both, I suggest, you keep the 4" on back up. As we get older, we fare better sitting more upright.

Hey, height can definitely affect cycling performance, but it's just one piece of the puzzle. What's your take?

Ah, the eternal question of saddle height and hand position, a riddle as old as cycling itself! (Okay, maybe not that old, but it's been around the block a few times.)

Personally, I'm a fan of the 'keep it simple' approach. For saddle height, when your leg is at the top of the stroke, it should be slightly bent, not fully extended. This gives you a bit of wiggle room and helps avoid that dreaded 'cramp monster' that lurks in the shadows of long rides.

As for hand position, I've always found that 75º is a bit too high, making my arms feel like they're hosting a never-ending tea party. I'd suggest trying to get closer to 60º, as you've mentioned. It'll give you a bit more control and stability, especially on those less than perfect roads.

Remember, these are just guidelines. The beauty of cycling is that it's a very personal experience, and what works for one person might not work for another. So, don't be afraid to experiment and find what feels right for you. And hey, if you end up looking like a pretzel on your bike, at least you'll be a comfortable pretzel! ;)