Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

WTK: if 9spd Shimano bar end shifters...

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 5 posts · 742 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
29 November 2005
Last activity
30 November 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
742
Views / 30 days
13

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. in friction mode will shift 10spd Campagnolo?

    I think it will just need to confirm the campy chain will run on the
    pulleys.
    Scott

  2. This is the problem with typing to fast and having thoughts in mid
    sentence. What I meant to say is "Will the spacing on the 10spd
    Campagnolo cassette work with the limits on the Shimano 9spd Dura Ace
    bar end shifters in friction mode? The drivetrain will be full campy if
    I can make the shifters work.

    Thoughts?

  3. Huh, you want to run *FRICTION* shifters on a 10 speed cassette? What's
    the problem? Just Do IT! Put everything together and RIDE! You
    shouldn't have any problems.

  4. bfd said:

    Huh, you want to run *FRICTION* shifters on a 10 speed cassette? What's
    the problem? Just Do IT! Put everything together and RIDE! You
    shouldn't have any problems.

    If the shifters produce enough cable travel for the full range of the
    10s cassette, yes - I think that's what he's asking.

    Back in the 5s friction days, one matched shifters to derailleurs by
    their overall cable travel - most combos worked, but some didn't.

    Mark

  5. Quoted message said:

    This is the problem with typing to fast and having thoughts in mid
    sentence. What I meant to say is "Will the spacing on the 10spd
    Campagnolo cassette work with the limits on the Shimano 9spd Dura Ace
    bar end shifters in friction mode? The drivetrain will be full campy if
    I can make the shifters work.

    Thoughts?

    yes. The stack of cogsets haven't got hugely taller when they went from
    8s to 10s.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.