Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Bar-End Shifters in Stubby Bar-Ends

Started by Hillel · · Last activity · 6 posts · 249 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
11 September 2006
Last activity
13 September 2006
Original author
Hillel
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
249
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello Everyone,

    Does anyone know if Shimano bar-end shifters will fit in the
    aluminum Profile Stubby bar-ends? For what I am thinking
    this may work in a better position than Paul Thumbies.

    Thanks.
    ---Hillel

  2. Hillel said:

    Hello Everyone,

    Does anyone know if Shimano bar-end shifters will fit in the
    aluminum Profile Stubby bar-ends? For what I am thinking
    this may work in a better position than Paul Thumbies.

    I was actually curious about this exact thing. I ended up pursuing a
    different solution, but please report back if you do find out.

    --
    Dane Buson - [email hidden]
    Anarchy may not be a better form of government, but it's better than no
    government at all.

  3. Dane Buson said:

    I was actually curious about this exact thing. I ended up pursuing a
    different solution, but please report back if you do find out.

    What did you end up doing instead?

  4. Hillel said:
    Dane Buson said:

    I was actually curious about this exact thing. I ended up pursuing a
    different solution, but please report back if you do find out.

    What did you end up doing instead?

    Nothing exciting. I went to a bike swap here in Seattle and found some
    old eight speed trigger shifters for $5. The main reason I wanted to
    use the barcons was because I had them on hand and I thought it would
    interesting to try them with the bar-ends.

    --
    Dane Buson - [email hidden]
    "Drop your trousers here for best results."
    -In a Bangkok dry cleaner's

  5. Quoted message said:

    Does anyone know if Shimano bar-end shifters will fit in the
    aluminum Profile Stubby bar-ends? For what I am thinking
    this may work in a better position than Paul Thumbies.

    I just heard back from Profile Designs that it will not work.

    Now, if there was a clamp available to make my own from the right
    tubing.

    ---Hillel

  6. Hillel said:
    Quoted message said:

    Does anyone know if Shimano bar-end shifters will fit in the
    aluminum Profile Stubby bar-ends? For what I am thinking
    this may work in a better position than Paul Thumbies.

    I just heard back from Profile Designs that it will not work.

    Now, if there was a clamp available to make my own from the right
    tubing.

    Have you seen Paul's thumbies? I'm not sure if it will do what you want,
    but here's a like for you to look at:

    http://www.paulcomp.com/thumbmtn.html

    They also make a version for drop bars.

    --
    Dave
    dvt at psu dot edu

    Everyone confesses that exertion which brings out all the powers of body
    and mind is the best thing for us; but most people do all they can to
    get rid of it, and as a general rule nobody does much more than
    circumstances drive them to do. -Harriet Beecher Stowe, abolitionist and
    novelist (1811-1896)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.