General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Who Are We

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 66 posts · 1,661 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
19 July 2005
Last activity
23 July 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
66
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,661
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 61–66 of 66
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Andy Q said:

    I'll rest on the 7th and 10th commandments as the basis for my opinion.

    You mean these? [If this is confusing to you, see http://jhuger.com ]

    VII

    And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat
    harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year's end. Thrice in the
    year shall all your menchildren appear before the LORD God, the God of
    Israel. For I will cast out the nations before thee, and enlarge thy
    borders: neither shall any man desire thy land, when thou shalt go up to
    appear before the LORD thy God thrice in the year.

    X Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

    Had beef stroganoff lately? How was your feast of weeks this year?

    ObFood: I ate lunch at Google today. Amazing. Seared scallops in Thai
    curry sauce with red pepper puree garnish; the best pad thai ever;
    broccoli and green beans in a lovely brown sauce; and a
    raw-tuna-and-avocado poke (is poke the word? help me out here). Best
    buffet lunch I've ever had, and the price was better than right.

    serene, whose first reaction to the commandment thing was, "Cool; then
    those of us who think the bible is a bunch of [censored] are off the hook"

  2. Mi e' parso che Doug Kanter abbia scritto:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Yes, and I'm just using only the firewall at home, no
    AV, never.

    Quoted message said:

    Uh oh. That will hurt you at some point.

    If I'd start to download files from unknown servers/domains, yes,
    an AV would be necessary, but I never do it, so I don't need an
    AV, just my firewall.
    If I need something, I go for it on reliable sites. Never
    happened to need something I can not find on reliable sites.
    And when the next Sasser or whatsitsname will come, many AV will
    be fooled up while a plain simple old firewall will block the
    door they need to come in.
    I have seen many people getting various viruses even though they
    had an expensive and up-to-date AV. This said, no AV here.
    --
    Vilco
    Think Pink , Drink Rose'

  3. serene said:

    ObFood: I ate lunch at Google today. Amazing. Seared scallops in Thai
    curry sauce with red pepper puree garnish; the best pad thai ever;
    broccoli and green beans in a lovely brown sauce; and a
    raw-tuna-and-avocado poke (is poke the word? help me out here). Best
    buffet lunch I've ever had, and the price was better than right.

    Could you please give more information about where Google is? I can't find a
    listing for it in the 510, 707, or 415 area codes.

    Bob

  4. serene said:
    Andy Q said:

    I'll rest on the 7th and 10th commandments as the basis for my opinion.

    You mean these? [If this is confusing to you, see http://jhuger.com ]

    VII

    And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat
    harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year's end. Thrice in the
    year shall all your menchildren appear before the LORD God, the God of
    Israel. For I will cast out the nations before thee, and enlarge thy
    borders: neither shall any man desire thy land, when thou shalt go up to
    appear before the LORD thy God thrice in the year.

    X Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

    Had beef stroganoff lately? How was your feast of weeks this year?

    ObFood: I ate lunch at Google today. Amazing. Seared scallops in Thai
    curry sauce with red pepper puree garnish; the best pad thai ever;
    broccoli and green beans in a lovely brown sauce; and a
    raw-tuna-and-avocado poke (is poke the word? help me out here). Best
    buffet lunch I've ever had, and the price was better than right.

    serene, whose first reaction to the commandment thing was, "Cool; then
    those of us who think the bible is a bunch of [censored] are off the hook"

    my first reaction to the commandment thing is always "well, if the bible
    means so much to them, why arent they keeping the other 400-odd
    commandments that are applicable?"

    --

    saerah

    "It's not a gimmick, it's an incentive."- asterbark, afca

    aware of the manifold possibilities of the future

    "I think there's a clause in the Shaman's and Jujumen's Local #57 Union
    contract that they have to have reciprocity for each other's shop rules."
    -König Prüß

  5. Bob virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz said:
    serene said:

    ObFood: I ate lunch at Google today. Amazing. Seared scallops in Thai
    curry sauce with red pepper puree garnish; the best pad thai ever;
    broccoli and green beans in a lovely brown sauce; and a
    raw-tuna-and-avocado poke (is poke the word? help me out here). Best
    buffet lunch I've ever had, and the price was better than right.

    Could you please give more information about where Google is? I can't find a
    listing for it in the 510, 707, or 415 area codes.

    It's in Mountain View (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway) but you can't just go
    have lunch there; you have to have an invitation from an employee, and
    the employees have two invites a month to give out.

    serene

  6. Vilco said:

    Mi e' parso che Doug Kanter abbia scritto:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Yes, and I'm just using only the firewall at home, no
    AV, never.

    Quoted message said:

    Uh oh. That will hurt you at some point.

    If I'd start to download files from unknown servers/domains, yes,
    an AV would be necessary, but I never do it, so I don't need an
    AV, just my firewall.
    If I need something, I go for it on reliable sites. Never
    happened to need something I can not find on reliable sites.
    And when the next Sasser or whatsitsname will come, many AV will
    be fooled up while a plain simple old firewall will block the
    door they need to come in.
    I have seen many people getting various viruses even though they
    had an expensive and up-to-date AV. This said, no AV here.

    A firewall is good, but not omnipotent. I use a router (built in
    firewall) but I still have minor problems when I scan.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.