UK and Europe · Public discussion

Which of you was it tonight?

Started by David Martin · · Last activity · 10 posts · 821 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
11 June 2008
Last activity
19 June 2008
Original author
David Martin
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
821
Views / 30 days
11
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Fife Midweek time trial at Freuchie. I was just about to start and you
    said hello and that you recognised me from here but didn't give your
    name. Sorry if I was a bit distant but I was just about to race.

    And just for bragging - got a PB as well so very pleased with the
    evening.

    ...d

  2. "David Martin" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Fife Midweek time trial at Freuchie. I was just about to start and you
    said hello and that you recognised me from here but didn't give your
    name. Sorry if I was a bit distant but I was just about to race.

    And just for bragging - got a PB as well so very pleased with the
    evening.

    ..d

    It was me, I had a horrible time, my legs felt like they were on the verge
    of cramping the whole way. My average heart rate was 177bpm (which is higher
    than my supposed MAX according to age). Unfortunately this high HR didn't
    mean I was going fast. I didn't get the full results but I'm pretty sure I
    was slowest by a fair way, missed a PB by 1sec.

    Jim J

  3. Jim said:

    "David Martin" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Fife Midweek time trial at Freuchie. I was just about to start and you
    said hello and that you recognised me from here but didn't give your
    name. Sorry if I was a bit distant but I was just about to race.

    Quoted message said:

    And just for bragging - got a PB as well so very pleased with the
    evening.

    Quoted message said:

    ..d

    It was me, I had a horrible time, my legs felt like they were on the verge
    of cramping the whole way. My average heart rate was 177bpm (which is higher
    than my supposed MAX according to age). Unfortunately this high HR didn't
    mean I was going fast. I didn't get the full results but I'm pretty sure I
    was slowest by a fair way, missed a PB by 1sec.

    1s off a PB doesn't sound like slow. It was a strange evening. Most
    people were slower than last week, but several were faster.

    Slowest on the night would have been over 28 mins but I wasn't really
    listening once I had my time. There was one DNF (puncture) so you will
    have come at least second last, taking my usual spot !

    ...d

  4. Jim writtificated

    [on time trials]

    Quoted message said:

    I had a horrible time, my legs felt like they were on the
    verge of cramping the whole way. My average heart rate was 177bpm
    (which is higher than my supposed MAX according to age).

    Isn't this what time trials are supposed to feel like? 🙂

  5. From: "David Martin" <[email hidden]>
    Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
    Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 9:55 AM

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    ..d

    It was me, I had a horrible time, my legs felt like they were on the
    verge
    of cramping the whole way. My average heart rate was 177bpm (which is
    higher
    than my supposed MAX according to age). Unfortunately this high HR didn't
    mean I was going fast. I didn't get the full results but I'm pretty sure
    I
    was slowest by a fair way, missed a PB by 1sec.

    1s off a PB doesn't sound like slow. It was a strange evening. Most
    people were slower than last week, but several were faster.

    Yep, I guess I'm starting this year at the point I left off last year,
    'just thought I might have been faster :-|
    I reckon I completely bolloxed the pacing, going into Zone 5 just 90secs
    after the off isn't a good idea, not for me anyway.

    Quoted message said:


    Slowest on the night would have been over 28 mins but I wasn't really
    listening once I had my time.


    Try over 29 mins :-(

    Quoted message said:

    There was one DNF (puncture) so you will
    have come at least second last, taking my usual spot !

    ..d


    Yes and if the other Jim who punctured (he gets a lot) was the last starter
    @ number 20, I would be 19th, which I think gets me 2 points!

    Jim J

  6. Jim said:

    From: "David Martin" <[email hidden]>
    Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
    Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 9:55 AM

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > ..d

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    It was me, I had a horrible time, my legs felt like they were on the
    verge
    of cramping the whole way. My average heart rate was 177bpm (which is
    higher
    than my supposed MAX according to age). Unfortunately this high HR didn't
    mean I was going fast. I didn't get the full results but I'm pretty sure
    I
    was slowest by a fair way, missed a PB by 1sec.

    Quoted message said:

    1s off a PB doesn't sound like slow. It was a strange evening. Most
    people were slower than last week, but several were faster.

    Yep, I guess I'm starting this year at the point I left off last year,
    'just thought I might have been faster :-|
    I reckon I completely bolloxed the pacing, going into Zone 5 just 90secs
    after the off isn't a good idea, not for me anyway.

    Quoted message said:

    Slowest on the night would have been over 28 mins but I wasn't really
    listening once I had my time.

    Try over 29 mins :-(

    Quoted message said:

    There was one DNF (puncture) so you will
    have come at least second last, taking my usual spot !

    Quoted message said:

    ..d

    Yes and if the other Jim who punctured (he gets a lot) was the last starter
    @ number 20, I would be 19th, which I think gets me 2 points!

    Don't think it was big Jim F who punctured. I might be wrong. I think
    there were 21 or 22 starters. Not seen the results sheet yet (W seems
    quite slow at getting them to Graham)

    I have picked up a sum total of 1 point for each of the other TTs I
    have done. The apprentice (Youth A lad from Disco) turns up last week
    and gets 15= out of 30, and this week would have been a much higher
    place. More points than me after just one ride.. ;-)

    Are you riding the Thistle event on Tuesday? Meigle-> Coupar Angus and
    back.
    If so, say hi again.

    ...d

  7. "David Martin" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Are you riding the Thistle event on Tuesday? Meigle-> Coupar Angus and
    back.
    If so, say hi again.

    ..d


    Naw, 2nd July at Cleish would be my next chance, I fancy riding to the event
    to see if that helps, it would be about an hour from home with a 900 foot
    hill on the way.
    Cheers
    Jim J

  8. Jim said:

    "David Martin" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    news:[email hidden]...> Are you riding the Thistle event on Tuesday? Meigle-> Coupar Angus and

    Quoted message said:

    back.
    If so, say hi again.

    Quoted message said:

    ..d

    Naw, 2nd July at Cleish would be my next chance, I fancy riding to the event
    to see if that helps, it would be about an hour from home with a 900 foot
    hill on the way.
    Cheers
    Jim J

    Should be there - I like the Cleish course. I'll hopefully do the next
    three weeks.

    Had a bit of a [censored] night yesterday - did a 28.34 which was
    disappointing. I spent the first two miles trying to persuade myself
    to not turn round and go home!

    ...d

  9. From: "David Martin"
    Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
    Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 12:26 AM
    Subject: Re: Which of you was it tonight?

    Quoted message said:

    Had a bit of a [censored] night yesterday - did a 28.34 which was
    disappointing. I spent the first two miles trying to persuade myself
    to not turn round and go home!


    Only two?
    I hope to do better next time, I reckon that 177bpm and 95rpm averages are
    the problem so I've been pushing harder on the pedal thingies in a higher
    gear. It does seem to be faster commuting home but I find it difficult to
    walk the next day.

    Cheers
    Jim J

  10. Response to David Martin

    Quoted message said:

    Had a bit of a [censored] night yesterday - did a 28.34 which was
    disappointing.

    IR the relevant bit as "yesterday night", AISMS. I am ashamed.

    --
    Mark, UK
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.