Where'd everyone go?

As far as I can tell I am the only active moderator here. If anyone else beside Bob and or Tom complains I will take action, otherwise I figured I would let the hostilities die a slow death besides the banter seems to fit todays general political and social climate perfectly.

I've complained twice now, not including this one!

Like I said, Tom's posts are not political, if they were I could care less, and you would be right about having some fun with it all, but his extreme stupidity on cycling related questions damages people if they take him at his word that he knows what's he's talking about. You can see that on his posts and we have to chase him down and correct his high degree of very frequent mistakes. In addition to that it appears a lot of people are no longer on this forum because he goes off on his stupidity and then we go off on him and from there it never ends and people that are reading this say "what the ****" and go somewhere else. What good are his postings doing to this forum? NOTHING, they have NEGATIVE impact!! It's one thing to make a mistake, take the correction and move on, we all do that, but it's another to make billions of mistakes and lies, and never take any correction and argue that those mistakes and lies are correct. He takes a topic and derails it completely 180 degrees off course, which is doing the original posters question no good whatsoever.

Tom has even said he suffers from neurological issues and is seeing a doctor for it, but that doesn't excuse his manifestos rantings, all which he writes is mostly in error. I'm sorry he suffers from neurological problems, I really wish he didn't, but again he shouldn't be allowed to posts here because of the negative impact he brings to the table.

Just my opinion of course. Feel free JHuskey, or anyone else reading this to voice an opinion, I like to see other opinions to see if I'm off base here.

Like I said, Tom's posts are not political, if they were I could care less, and you would be right about having some fun with it all, but his extreme stupidity on cycling related questions damages people if they take him at his word that he knows what's he's talking about. You can see that on his posts and we have to chase him down and correct his high degree of very frequent mistakes. In addition to that it appears a lot of people are no longer on this forum because he goes off on his stupidity and then we go off on him and from there it never ends and people that are reading this say "what the ****" and go somewhere else. What good are his postings doing to this forum? NOTHING, they have NEGATIVE impact!! It's one thing to make a mistake, take the correction and move on, we all do that, but it's another to make billions of mistakes and lies, and never take any correction and argue that those mistakes and lies are correct. He takes a topic and derails it completely 180 degrees off course, which is doing the original posters question no good whatsoever.

Tom has even said he suffers from neurological issues and is seeing a doctor for it, but that doesn't excuse his manifestos rantings, all which he writes is mostly in error. I'm sorry he suffers from neurological problems, I really wish he didn't, but again he shouldn't be allowed to posts here because of the negative impact he brings to the table.

Just my opinion of course. Feel free JHuskey, or anyone else reading this to voice an opinion, I like to see other opinions to see if I'm off base here.

Froze invents issues since he got mad that I criticized him supporting PansyBob and his belief that a video game connected to a exercycle is the same as riding. It isn't period. This wasn't to criticize the actual benefits of exercycles but the belief that you could pretend this was actual riding. Even the screen that PansyBob posted and later deleted showed numbers that were so far out of kilter that is was pretty easy to see how he could claim over 250,000 feet of climbing when my bet is that he couldn't climb the little hill two miles from my home on the flats. That screen said that a group of riders drafting each other were burning 350 watts at 18 mph. He also claimed that with his video game he climbed l'Alpe d'Huez. I've been there and rode up about half way - the easy part. And there is no way Bob could get 10% of that. I've ridden with people that ride on flat ground and seen that they CANNOT climb. That is something that requires long and constant practice. Not climbing for a week and you have trouble restarting.

I haven't been able to ride for almost 2 weeks not due to the Camp Fire and the air quality being deep into the Danger Zone where simply walking in it is like smoking a pack of cigarettes. So after this clears after the expected rains next week I know how difficult it will be to recover that lost climbing fitness. Bob doesn't even know what that sort of fitness is.

I have almost 170,000 ft of actual climbing and he is bragging about over 250,000 ft of climbing entirely on his video game. And then when I use the figures from my altimeter and speedo and the actual measured weights of myself and the bike I use and put it through Steve Gribbles power calculator he claims that since it wasn't done on a power meter it isn't real. While at the same time he is getting HIS figures from a video game and treating them as written law.

Froze misrepresents my "neurological problems" so that it fits his narrative. My neurological "problems" were mistreated concussion causing large memory loses. But the majority of that was between 2009 and 2012 until a Professor at Stanford treated me and I "woke up". Froze misrepresents this as being in some other part of my life. But that is what he needs to believe so I will not stand in his way. But after all, he is the one that claims to not only have rental properties but to gouge as much as he can get his tenants to pay. His kind are common in the San Franciso bay area. Throw out someone that has been renting an apartment for 10 years for $800/mth and get an illegal family who with government subsidies is willing to pay $2,200/mth.

When actually presented with the projects I did all he can say is "LIAR" so I guess that he cannot believe that anyone that is willing to extend themselves can do pretty much anything.

Last edited:
By the way - anyone that wants to climb l'Alpe d'Huez should go there late in June in WARM weather. If you go a day or two before the Tour the entire upper half is covered with campers there to watch the Tour. Many of them are drunk as skunks and you do not want to ride around some jerk trying to run with you and shouting in French or German. Or while you're trying to ride up some fool in a camper wanting to pass you where the road isn't wide enough and they will pass on blind turns though there is little chance of someone driving down at this time.

Steve is aware of all this **** and it is his forum so I hesitated to ban anyone besides I haven't finished all my popcorn.

Steve is aware of all this **** and it is his forum so I hesitated to ban anyone besides I haven't finished all my popcorn.
23 thumbs up. And I am trying to cut it down as far as possible without breaking the onlooker's hearts.

Meh. Ban me. I don't give a ****.

It would be better than having to put up with tommy's insanity! LOL!

tommy, you're a lying sack of ****. That's all you've ever been and all you'll ever be.

You know it.

I know it.

Everyone knows it.

I am not on very often but I do like to come on to glean some info or perhaps share some insight or experience. I came on here the other day and every thread I ticked was like a flame war so I chose not to respond to any of it. Some of the guys on here have been here for years and even though we may not agree on everything I respect their right to have an opinion. Most of what they have to share is not only valid but also very helpful. But Tom, people also have lives. They are not going to be on here all the time and when they are they may not want to interact. Maybe try getting up with a local group ride and hang out with them and share your words. Might be the instant interaction you desire.

I am not on very often but I do like to come on to glean some info or perhaps share some insight or experience. I came on here the other day and every thread I ticked was like a flame war so I chose not to respond to any of it. Some of the guys on here have been here for years and even though we may not agree on everything I respect their right to have an opinion. Most of what they have to share is not only valid but also very helpful. But Tom, people also have lives. They are not going to be on here all the time and when they are they may not want to interact. Maybe try getting up with a local group ride and hang out with them and share your words. Might be the instant interaction you desire.

I totally agree with you. And I don't believe I have once been someone who started these flame wars.....edited by Limerickman.

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree with you. And I don't believe I have once been someone who started these flame wars.....

You received a private message from me yesterday regarding your conduct here.

I warned you then that every single post made by you was going to be assessed for content.

I have edited out your latest attempt to insult your fellow members here.

Consider this your final warning. I will permanently ban your useraccount if you cannot, and if you will not, reform the contents of your posts.

You received a private message from me yesterday regarding your conduct here.

I warned you then that every single post made by you was going to be assessed for content.

I have edited out your latest attempt to insult your fellow members here.

Consider this your final warning. I will permanently ban your useraccount if you cannot, and if you will not, reform the contents of your posts.
Well you can keep your forum and all of the use it will get.

NM, going to say the slow connection was a big problem so I stopped visiting this site.

Posted a couple times today no problem. Then the next couple moves was slow going. Then the next were OK. Hopefully the problem has been corrected as it was really bad when I quit visiting. I have a new comp so that ain't it. I mentioned it back then and the mod said he wasn't sure why but the site was having trouble.

Let's see if it's any better in the future.

NM, going to say the slow connection was a big problem so I stopped visiting this site.

Posted a couple times today no problem. Then the next couple moves was slow going. Then the next were OK. Hopefully the problem has been corrected as it was really bad when I quit visiting. I have a new comp so that ain't it. I mentioned it back then and the mod said he wasn't sure why but the site was having trouble.

Yeah, I found that some functionality on this site is slower than other functions.

I'll ask Steve to look at these issues and see if they can be resolved, Mr.B.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz

The only time I have slow issues is after posting, it can take up to a minute sometimes for it to post, but just moving from one thread to another it's quick. Are you using Google? or Chromium?

The problem is if you go on the internet to find the fastest browser all the sites vary, some say this and others say that while others say something else. So really the best thing to do is try them ALL, one at a time of course, and see which one performs the best for you. I've heard if you have slow internet speed where you live that Opera is the best, I don't know it's what I've read; but there are a few more sites than not that say Chrome is the best.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
To be honest I try and clean up spam only as if late. I have had too many personal struggles to pay a lot of attention to school yard antics. My family comes first, what little family I have left. It is going to be a long next few months for me but I am not complaining. Can always be worse.

I don't know it's what I've read; but there are a few more sites than not that say Chrome is the best.

I use Chrome and actually this morning, my posting was swift. After that it stalled a bit but seems better now.