Where are you from,what do you do?

G

:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)

Hey Nicholas, u know me, buddy! Halfway between South Africa and Australia! I'm an IT Security geek 8).
I do target specific training in the week (heart rate training). On weekends I usually do a race (80-100 k's), and a lazy two hour cycle on Sundays.

Where - Ballarat, which is about an hour west of Melbourne

Training - This has been a non-event for me over the past 6 or 7 months  :'( At the moment i'm lucky if I get 3 one hour rides in a week, its not much but its enough for someone whos only just back on the bike  :)

Day job - Web admin stuff for an ISP

cheers!

Reactions: Mason77
I’m studying computer science, I also ride bikes and chase chicks.
I've been living in melboure all my life and do about 1-3 hours per day on the bike :)

I'm from Makati City, Philippines. Graduated from college last year (2000), and stopped chasing chicks a few months before that.

I', no in market research, this has got to be the most boring job in the world. I plan on becoming a pro racer.....but I think that is one plan that will not push through!

;D ;D
I am also from Ballarat, Victoria.

Rode my bike hmmm twice in the last 12 months!
Prefer to ride Horses but you cannot get fit riding them!

Like watching racing - have not raced myself.

Day job is Helpdesk Supervisor.

Hey Andrea, how can you ride your bike twice in twelve months? I'd be in an nuthouse if that happened!

I am from Johannesburg, South Africa. I am a commercial lawyer. Do spinning during the week due to time retraints and try and ride as much as possible over the weekend.

Yes, Vo2, I am certainly going to try. I did it last year, although I did not do much training. I have the Argus 3 times. However, I am not yet in the sub-3 category.

What about you? Any sparkling tips, drugs ;) (hehehe), boosters etc?

Did my first Argus this year - 3hrs 50. As you know, starting in the Open class right at the back of the field does'nt help. There was no bunch to sit in, and I rode all the way on my own. The back-end cyclists were all over the place!
My seeding grade is 31 at the moment, so next year I should have a nice seeded position. I'm aiming for between 3hrs15 and 3hrs30.
I'm also doing the Amashovashova this weekend.

Hi, I'm also from SA, live if Pretoria. Also going to do the 94.7 and would also like to know of ANY boosters. Did the 94.7 last year and also 3 Argus', but I think the 94.7 is much more tougher that the Argus. Don't you agree, e-male, Vo2?

he this is a South African Influx.. ;D. hi all you new blokes and lady. v02 has told us bout ur rides how you have 40,000 ppl attending them :eek: :eek:. We dont have rides any where near that big here. we would not even have that many people racing. Sounds like cool rides.

Nicholas, hi, yes the Argus (in Cape Town) is the largest single day cycling event in the world, with, as Vo2 has said, more than 40 000 people entering. I think about 3 000 foreign cyclists. Check out the official site at www.cycletour.org.za. Plan a trip to South Africa and do the race, it is a wonderful event. Besides, we can do with every Aus dollar you can bring. There is still time to enter, it can be done online.

The other event is the 94.7, where they expect about 20 000 entries this year. This race is in Johannesburg.

I also think this race is tougher than the Argus.

Mate thats a serious amount of entries in a bike race

*Remembers racing in club races with less than 5 people in them * :(

Whats the prize money like?

cheers!