rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

What cranks have you bent

Started by KcTheAcy · · Last activity · 48 posts · 1,019 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
12 October 2005
Last activity
22 January 2006
Original author
KcTheAcy
Posts
48
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,019
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 48
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see the
    results, please visit http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43928
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Question: Check the cranks you have bent.

    - Profile
    - KH/Summit 8 Spline
    - KH/Onza 05
    - Koxx
    - DM
    - Bulletproof BMX (DM replacment)
    - Qu-Ax Splined
    - Torker 10 splined
    - 127 mm Qu-Ax KH 8 spline
    - Old onzas
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Check all that apply, bent or broken.

    I have Bent the old KH and the new KH, I must be very bad at drops.

    --
    KcTheAcy

    ¤-Kaycee
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Kaycees-Unicycle-gallery

    http://www.maineunicyclist.2ya.com/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43928

  2. I'm only up to breaking seats.

    --
    Chrashing

    Regards,
    Ken
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chrashing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7501
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43928

  3. I think I've tweaked my KH '05 just the slightest bit, but not enough to
    say they're bent, so I'm not gonna vote for it.

    --
    cegli

    I like to unicycle.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    cegli's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10585
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43928

  4. I have broken my Koxx...

    --
    Smilymarco

    www.sixsixone.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Smilymarco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4110
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43928

  5. I've only bent the trusty lasco cranks, and I can;t vote for them or for
    none, so I can't see the result of this pole 🙁

    --
    kington99

    Dave

    - what a thoroughly post-modern subversion of the cycling genre -
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    kington99's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9417
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43928

  6. Aww, you should have put some non-splined cranks up there, then I'd have
    like 5 sets total.

    I've only bent one set of splined cranks, and thats 04 or 03 onzas.

    --
    Catboy

    'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
    (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)
    Gallery Updated: 10/10/05

    🙂*'UPD T-Shirts ON SALE NOW!!! (Click Me)'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43900)*🙂
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Catboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2042
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43928

  7. yeah, I've bent 4 or five sets of cotterless.

    My KH05s are holding up well, though. I like 'em.

    --
    Fuego

    "Get off my Property before you sue me!"
    -Morons everywhere.

    'OneWheelNinjaSquad' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/OneWheelNinjaSquad)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43928

  8. There wasn't enough room for all the choices there should be so I didn't
    put any square tapers in. You could make a new pole with all square
    tapers. You can only have 10 choices in the pole though. One type of
    splined cranks that I left out are the Haro cranks that fit the old
    KH's, they are so strong (but weigh a ton), haven't bent mine, even on
    bigger stuff than what bent the other KH's
    Also, my KH 05's are only bent a hair, but my 04's are really messed.

    --
    KcTheAcy
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43928

  9. Zack baldwin was saying my profile cranks are a bit bent, I wouldnt be
    all that schocked but I personally cant feel it through my bent and
    mangled pedals...

    --
    Checkernuts

    No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
    odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
    to do it right. H20
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43928

  10. I bent a lot of cotterless when I had my schwinn. With my KH the only
    thing I have bent is my ankle....owwwww.

    --
    siafirede
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    siafirede's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6057
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43928

  11. I kronked the old KH cranks AWFULLy after like a five foot drop, and
    also jumping a seven set.

    --
    James_Potter

    to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

    michael atkinson
    mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
    President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James_Potter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3807
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43928

  12. Checkernuts said:

    Zack baldwin was saying my profile cranks are a bit bent, I wouldnt be
    all that schocked but I personally cant feel it through my bent and
    mangled pedals...

    Zack's profiles where pretty bent, straight cranks would feel weird to
    him. Even if your cranks are bent, you can't feel it.

    I marked kh 8 splines, and profiles. I agree with not having the square
    taper option. It's just not worth polling, they are all super weak, and
    no one uses them for abusive riding anymore.

    who else has twisted a profile axle?

    --
    onetrack

    "People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
    lines."
    -Klaas Bil
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43928

  13. onetrack said:


    who else has twisted a profile axle?

    thats crazy.

    --
    tomsey

    -those f**king clowns are gunna die-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tomsey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7038
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43928

  14. I've bent my 05 KH/Onzas, only a wee bit mind. Did it jumping about 12
    or 13 steps (wee steps, I'm no superhuman!) with a sidehop and landed
    sideways (no roll-out). A mate on a trials bike did it so I had to
    try! Also bent two sets of cotterless (before I went splined)

    Pebbles is in Tiree again so he can't post or even access the web up
    there but he ripped one of his 04 KH cranks down the side where the
    pedal screws in, the metal was proper ripped! He just battered it
    straight with a hammer and his boss welded it up for him. It's still
    going strong! He did it on his third (and successful) attempt at
    jumping an 8 or 9 set.

    T.

    --
    DarkTom

    -\"just eat less pies, and then the loads on your seatpost will be
    less.\" - johnhimsworth

    \"i am a girl\" - amanda.gallacher

    \"mud is the ink we use for bodypainting our homage to the muni
    sport.\" - goldenchickenii
    -
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DarkTom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6515
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43928

  15. How accurate is this poll? 'Maxisback' has bent every single one of
    these listed?

    --
    forrestunifreak

    warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
    it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
    it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pshycological nudity,
    and traces of peanuts.
    'My gallery[UPDATED: 10/12/05] ' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forrestunifreak's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43928

  16. Ive bent 4 sets of coterless cranks and a countless number of pedals,
    ive broken sooo many pedals too... 2 seat posts, broke 2 frames, broke
    a saddle and bent a rim....but I have never bent splined
    cranks.....Although I think my Hub on my torker dx 24in is either bent
    or loose, it pops around and i have no idea why.....But i have never
    bent Splined cranks...

    --
    caw89

    'Cody's Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery)

    'sixsixone' (http://sixsixone.com/)

    AIM: unicaw89

    -last edited by god on 3000-01-01 at 12:00 am-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43928

  17. Mike, I believe Zack and Ryan have both bent/twisted profile axles, Ryan
    at CMW. Ryan did his on that gigantic rock drop.

    I think the keyway on my profile hub would be shredded before my axle
    ever went.

    --
    gerblefranklin

    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Trials-Muni

    Nick's main man.

    "I love freedom dearly, ideally, in theory, but in reality we're not
    there yet--Not nearly."--Cold Duck Complex
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    gerblefranklin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4295
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43928

  18. yeah, I twisted mine too. I thought I had a good rollout, but apparently
    not. if you get a chance, watch a drop i do off a big wheel in defect
    frame by frame, it's suprising to see how far it twists. The axle did
    come back somewhat, but is still pretty messed up.

    --
    onetrack

    "People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
    lines."
    -Klaas Bil
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43928

  19. Sorry, there's no option for "I treat my unicycles with respect and have
    so far avoided damaging any major components."

    --
    Mikefule

    So, do you ride with a club?

    No, but I carry a heavy spanner.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mikefule's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/879
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43928

  20. forrestunifreak said:

    How accurate is this poll? 'Maxisback' has bent every single one of
    these listed?

    Catboy said:

    I've only bent one set of splined cranks, and thats 04 or 03 onzas.

    Yeah I noticed that and also noticed that Catboy voted for the DMs, the
    Bulletproof DM replacements, and the Koxx... when he said right there
    he only bent one set of splined cranks...

    --
    cegli

    I like to unicycle.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    cegli's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10585
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43928

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.