UK and Europe · Public discussion

Vive la Tour de Lance!

Started by JCM · · Last activity · 45 posts · 1,390 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
24 July 2005
Last activity
31 July 2005
Original author
JCM
Posts
45
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,390
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 45
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Buck said:
    On 07/25/2005 15:48:48 'The Daily Rant said:

    Repost>> I am angry ................

    Another one for the killfile.

    --

    Buck

    I would rather be out on my Catrike

    http://www.catrike.co.uk

    Well.... who wouldn't be.

  2. Buck said:
    On 07/25/2005 15:48:48 'The Daily Rant said:

    Repost>> I am angry ................

    Another one for the killfile.

    --

    Buck

    I would rather be out on my Catrike

    http://www.catrike.co.uk

    Well.... who wouldn't be.

  3. The Daily Rant said:
    Buck said:
    On 07/25/2005 15:48:48 'The Daily Rant said:

    Repost>> I am angry ................

    Another one for the killfile.

    --

    Buck

    I would rather be out on my Catrike

    http://www.catrike.co.uk



    The Catrike looks like a lot of fun but don't you get a lung full of
    transmission smog if you ride one in rush hour traffic?

  4. The Daily Rant said:
    Buck said:
    On 07/25/2005 15:48:48 'The Daily Rant said:

    Repost>> I am angry ................

    Another one for the killfile.

    --

    Buck

    I would rather be out on my Catrike

    http://www.catrike.co.uk



    The Catrike looks like a lot of fun but don't you get a lung full of
    transmission smog if you ride one in rush hour traffic?

  5. The Catrike looks like a lot of fun but don't you risk getting a
    lungfull of exhaust fumes when you ride them in rush hour traffic?

  6. The Catrike looks like a lot of fun but don't you risk getting a
    lungfull of exhaust fumes when you ride them in rush hour traffic?

  7. you know? said:
    Quoted message said:

    When you go to France you'll note that if a waiter comes up to an overweight
    person he automatically addresses him in English. This is because fat people
    are usually 1) Americans 2) Brits or 3) Germans.

    http://www.oecd.org/document/16/0,2340,en_2649_34631_2085200_1_1_1_1,00.html

    Wow! The change in % obesity figures since 1980 is really quite
    shocking!

    Best wishes,
    --
    ,,
    (**)PeeWiglet~~
    / \ / \ pee AT [guessthisbit].co.uk

  8. I submit that on or about Wed, 27 Jul 2005 07:34:55 +0100, the person
    known to the court as Peewiglet <[email hidden]> made a
    statement (<[email hidden]> in Your
    Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    http://www.oecd.org/document/16/0,2340,en_2649_34631_2085200_1_1_1_1,00.html

    Quoted message said:

    Wow! The change in % obesity figures since 1980 is really quite
    shocking!

    Indeed. I'd not be surprised if Western world was heading towards an
    American figure of around 30% clinically obese. On the plus side, I
    never liked pies that much anyway, so the fact that Angie and Eric ate
    them all is not a problem for me...

    Guy
    --
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    "To every complex problem there is a solution which is
    simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

  9. JCM said:

    No Frenchman could win the Tour de France seven times in a row. Only
    an American can do that.

    No fat person could even compete in the Tour de France.

    Fat people are not allowed to compete in the Tour de France since they
    do not have the lean look the racing commission is looking for. I have
    fat friends who could give Lance a run for his money.

    Lift the ban on fat people in cycling then watch the fat bashers weep.

  10. Just zis Guy said:

    Indeed. I'd not be surprised if Western world was heading towards an
    American figure of around 30% clinically obese. On the plus side, I
    never liked pies that much anyway, so the fact that Angie and Eric ate
    them all is not a problem for me...

    ITYM "Angie, Eric and Jan"

    --
    Dave Larrington - <http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/>
    All your call centre are belong to us.

  11. Real BBW said:

    Fat people are not allowed to compete in the Tour de France since they
    do not have the lean look the racing commission is looking for. I have
    fat friends who could give Lance a run for his money.

    No you don't. You're just being silly.

    Quoted message said:


    Lift the ban on fat people in cycling then watch the fat bashers weep.

    Tears of laughter?

  12. you know? said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    http://www.oecd.org/document/16/0,2340,en_2649_34631_2085200_1_1_1_1,00.html

    Quoted message said:

    Wow! The change in % obesity figures since 1980 is really quite
    shocking!

    Indeed. I'd not be surprised if Western world was heading towards an
    American figure of around 30% clinically obese.

    It looks that way.

    Quoted message said:

    Guy
    --
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    Excellent page!

    Quoted message said:


    "To every complex problem there is a solution which is
    simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

    So true :-)

    Best wishes,
    --
    ,,
    (**)PeeWiglet~~
    / \ / \ pee AT [guessthisbit].co.uk

  13. Real BBW said:

    Fat people are not allowed to compete in the Tour de France since
    they do not have the lean look the racing commission is looking
    for. I have fat friends who could give Lance a run for his money.

    Lift the ban on fat people in cycling then watch the fat bashers
    weep.

    Nurse! Nurse! She's out of bed again!

    --
    Dave...

  14. I submit that on or about Fri, 29 Jul 2005 07:54:50 +0100, the person
    known to the court as Peewiglet <[email hidden]> made a
    statement (<[email hidden]> in Your
    Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk


    Excellent page!

    Thank you, kind Peewiglet :-)

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    "To every complex problem there is a solution which is
    simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken


    So true :-)

    One of my favourites. But then I am an Adamsite :-)

    Guy
    --
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    "To every complex problem there is a solution which is
    simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

  15. I submit that on or about Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:10:37 -0500, the person
    known to the court as "Real BBW" <[email hidden]> made
    a statement (<[email hidden]> in Your Honour's
    bundle) to the following effect:

    Quoted message said:

    Fat people are not allowed to compete in the Tour de France since they
    do not have the lean look the racing commission is looking for.

    LOL! That's hilarious, just hilarious!

    I am pretty much the fastest cyclist I know, riding round London these
    last few days not *one* cyclist has passed me and stayed in front.
    But Lance rides *up mountains* faster than I can ride on the flat!
    You just have no idea of the gulf between pro riders and us ordinary
    mortals!

    Guy
    --
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    "To every complex problem there is a solution which is
    simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

  16. Just zis Guy said:

    I submit that on or about Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:10:37 -0500, the person
    known to the court as "Real BBW" <[email hidden]> made
    a statement (<[email hidden]> in Your Honour's
    bundle) to the following effect:

    Quoted message said:

    Fat people are not allowed to compete in the Tour de France since they
    do not have the lean look the racing commission is looking for.

    LOL! That's hilarious, just hilarious!

    I am pretty much the fastest cyclist I know, riding round London these
    last few days not *one* cyclist has passed me and stayed in front.
    But Lance rides *up mountains* faster than I can ride on the flat!
    You just have no idea of the gulf between pro riders and us ordinary
    mortals!

    And Jan Ulrich is allowed to compete in the TdeF. ;-)

    --
    Tony

    "I did make a mistake once - I thought I'd made a mistake but I hadn't"
    Anon

  17. Just zis Guy said:

    I am pretty much the fastest cyclist I know, riding round London these
    last few days not *one* cyclist has passed me and stayed in front.
    But Lance rides *up mountains* faster than I can ride on the flat!
    You just have no idea of the gulf between pro riders and us ordinary
    mortals!

    Guy

    Now *that* is slow. (Typical up-mountain speed: 15 mph or less, no
    matter who you are, what time of year it is, or what you're on.)

    --
    --
    Lynn Wallace http://www.xmission.com/~lawall

    Conservative dictionary:
    Judicial Activist: n. A judge who tends to rule against your wishes.

  18. Raptor said:
    Just zis Guy said:

    I am pretty much the fastest cyclist I know, riding round London these
    last few days not *one* cyclist has passed me and stayed in front.
    But Lance rides *up mountains* faster than I can ride on the flat!
    You just have no idea of the gulf between pro riders and us ordinary
    mortals!

    Guy

    Now *that* is slow. (Typical up-mountain speed: 15 mph or less, no
    matter who you are, what time of year it is, or what you're on.)

    Typical speeds are much faster than that. Alpe d'Huez is one of the
    toughest mountain climbs out there. It is a 9.6 mile climb through 21
    switchbacks. Armstrong completed it in 39min 42s for an average speed
    of 14.4mph. He does more normal mountain climbs a good deal faster than
    that.

    --
    Tony

    "I did make a mistake once - I thought I'd made a mistake but I hadn't"
    Anon

  19. Tony Raven said:
    Raptor said:
    Just zis Guy said:

    I am pretty much the fastest cyclist I know, riding round London these
    last few days not *one* cyclist has passed me and stayed in front.
    But Lance rides *up mountains* faster than I can ride on the flat!
    You just have no idea of the gulf between pro riders and us ordinary
    mortals!

    Guy

    Now *that* is slow. (Typical up-mountain speed: 15 mph or less, no
    matter who you are, what time of year it is, or what you're on.)

    Typical speeds are much faster than that. Alpe d'Huez is one of the
    toughest mountain climbs out there. It is a 9.6 mile climb through 21
    switchbacks. Armstrong completed it in 39min 42s for an average speed
    of 14.4mph. He does more normal mountain climbs a good deal faster than
    that.

    What is the height gain on that stretch.

    Just want to know how slow I really am :-)

  20. I submit that on or about Sat, 30 Jul 2005 01:17:49 -0600, the person
    known to the court as Raptor <[email hidden]> made a statement
    (<[email hidden]> in Your Honour's bundle) to the
    following effect:

    Quoted message said:

    Now *that* is slow. (Typical up-mountain speed: 15 mph or less, no
    matter who you are, what time of year it is, or what you're on.)

    I average around 20mph on the open road.

    Guy
    --
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    "To every complex problem there is a solution which is
    simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.