Thinking about a HRM (Alienator bug off...).

"I'm sure I could find a doctor who would backdate my TUE."

I know this guy named, "Hein" and he can...

"GPS looks tempting."

It's one of the 'new cool features' of cycling. 11-speeds, brake-shifters, HRM's & GPS, clipless pedals...how did I ever ride without them?!?!

I hope the steroids improve your lung function and for some, unxeplained reason you kick some ass at the next race.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
"I'm sure I could find a doctor who would backdate my TUE."

I know this guy named, "Hein" and he can...

"GPS looks tempting."

It's one of the 'new cool features' of cycling. 11-speeds, brake-shifters, HRM's & GPS, clipless pedals...how did I ever ride without them?!?!

I hope the steroids improve your lung function and for some, unxeplained reason you kick some ass at the next race.
And you can do it all on the Iphone or Android with a couple of Blue tooth gismos.
Just pulled the trigger on a Cycleops 420 indoor bike which will be connecting to my laptop. On my bicycles, all the computers are coming off.

The 220 minus your age estimate, even if using heart rate reserve, has been largely discredited. If your MD has set a an HR maximum due to disease, I would certainly follow that advice. Your maximum HR is the highest number you have ever seen on your monitor.

CAMPYBOB said:
"[COLOR=181818]I'm sure I could find a doctor who would backdate my TUE."[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]I know this guy named, "Hein" and he can...[/COLOR] "[COLOR=181818]GPS looks tempting."[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]It's one of the 'new cool features' of cycling. 11-speeds, brake-shifters, HRM's  & GPS, clipless pedals...how did I ever ride without them?!?![/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]I hope the steroids improve your lung function and for some, unxeplained reason you kick some ass at the next race. [/COLOR]
So the GPS is to find Hein, right? ... Now you know why the Garmin Sharps (please dispose of carefully) team is hooked up with those sponsors.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB

I don't race, but I'd like to kick some 45-year-old Fred ass again.

Regarding "new cool features," I was dragged kicking and screaming into clipless pedals and computers in the late '90s, and I still monitor my cadence with a watch. My poor old feet are grateful, though, for shoes that fit and losing the toeclips.

Apart for the old Time TBT pedals, I've never been really happy with clipless pedals. I sometimes wish that clips/straps were more commonly available. Cadence. I monitored that once... Same with mileage - I only really bother with that if doing a ride I've never been on before. As long as it doesn't go to zero, I ain't to concerned about my HR either while on the bike. I'll take resting heart rate at the weekends when I get a chance to sleep in and I'm not startled from my sleep before 5am to go to work... The only metrics I really care about are time, power and speed.