rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

The Pad Queen

Started by digigal1 · · Last activity · 48 posts · 915 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
14 April 2006
Last activity
19 May 2006
Original author
digigal1
Posts
48
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
915
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–48 of 48
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. OH! I beat you!

    I'v unicycled with ALL my goalie equipment.😄 Beat THAT

    --
    dye3

    I insist you add me [email hidden]

    I need cranks...help me out
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dye3's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12012
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48533

  2. Jerrick said:

    i jus wear my shin guards, thats it =p

    same here😎

    --
    manon1wheel

    Riley
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James_Potter-
    I fall with my upper body travelling backwards and my lower body
    travelling forwards from 5' up and hit the concrete with my tailbone
    and right elbow. It hurt, but I found it quite funny.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48533

  3. podzol said:

    I wear a kayaking life jacket to protect my back when I practice Wheel
    walking in addition to the helmet and extremity padding.

    Good advice...where can I get one from cos I landed twice hard on my
    back learning to jump mount.... I moved off the concert eventually to
    learn but I get into a stickie mess when it rains. 🙂

    --
    olwyn

    Why does life steam passed so fast when your enjoying yourself?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    olwyn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12162
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48533

  4. Unitik908 said:

    i dont wear anything.. hmm...

    Chase

    That's called flashing where I come from....😄 ooooohhh that's gotta
    chaff....😄 😄

    --
    olwyn

    Why does life steam passed so fast when your enjoying yourself?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    olwyn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12162
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48533

  5. olwyn said:

    Good advice...where can I get one from cos I landed twice hard on my
    back learning to jump mount.... I moved off the concert eventually to
    learn but I get into a stickie mess when it rains. 🙂

    Thanks! I thought it was a decent half-ass solution to the falling on
    the back issue. A $15 jacket from a discount sporting goods store will
    probably work just fine. I use my fancy schmancy expensive kayaking
    vest because that's what I have. it is over kill for unicycling.

    Critter: sounds like you broke your toe. I have a toe that I broke
    walking into a chair in the dark. Took 8 months to heal and if it was
    bonked the wrong way ever so slightly, it would be so painful I'd feel
    faint and nauseated.

    --
    podzol

    THE MISSING WHEELS TOUR DA YOOP!
    Check out the charity ride, planning is under way.
    Seeking riders and support.
    *http://missingwheels.unicyclist.com/ *
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    podzol's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10131
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48533

  6. I've always worn a helmet. Good thing too 'cuz once I UPD'd so hard
    that I could not prevent my head from contacting the tarmac. Even with
    the helmet I was a little bit loopy for a minute.

    Other than that, I've let my injuries determine my safety gear.

    I jammed my wrist once. Then I started wearing wrist guards.

    Sprained my right ankle. Then I started wearing an ankle brace.

    Tore a bunch of skin off the palms of my hands. Gloves.

    Once I get a good pedal bite on my shins I'm sure the shin guards won't
    be far behind.

    Two kinds of people in the world. Proactive or reactive. Looks like
    I'm the reactive type.🙄

    --
    underdog

    'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
    tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48533

  7. wear 661 4x4 -against numerous pedal bites-
    elbow protections from 661 -falled backwards was happy to have them-
    KH gloves with wrists guards -ouch it hurts when you land on your
    wrists-
    Helmet -falled on my head once, made a strange noise-
    kick-boxing padding to protect my Achill'es tendon -broke one while
    unicycling_
    mountain shoes ... I sure need metal toe protection since I broke a toe
    while unicycling 🙁
    -gosh what am I going to break next?-
    no, no I have a camelback full of water ....
    and padded MTB shorts ,....
    and ... what?

    well all this is for Muni, I use lighter gear while unicycling to work
    (helmet and gloves)

    --
    wobbling bear

    One Wheel : bear necessity
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    wobbling bear's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3716
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48533

  8. wow mitchelin man style :p

    i just wear a helmet and sometimes vege 661 shin pads

    --
    treepotato

    Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
    prove it
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48533

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.