Sunglasses

cpdo

Sep 5, 2012
I'm looking for a recommendation on a new pair of sunglasses.

I recently purchased a pair of Tifosi Seek FC's with photochromic lenses and although i love the price, they are not working out. Wind comes under the lens into my eye causing irritation to my contacts. They also fog up quite badly.

I am a heavy sweater and a warm individual so there may not be a perfect solution for the fog. Still, before getting the Tifosi pair I rode with my rx specs or aviator sunglasses. Those were not ideal but I never had fogging problems.

So, can anyone recommend a pair of sunglasses with good coverage that minimize or eliminate fogging? Does such a product even exist?

Thanks.

I am sorta in the same boat. I also wear contacts when I bicycle as I don't like wearing my glasses when cycling... for several reasons. I have a cheap pair of cycling sunglasses with the slots (holes) near the frame that allows in enough wind to prevent fog. They are great if it is sunny enough that I need the dark lens. I've been thinking of getting some cycling glasses with the photo-chromatic lens... but been looking at fit and style and haven't found what I want yet.

It gets cold in the winter here... so I've tried and liked using decent, clear lens safety glasses. They look a lot better than it sounds. The clear lens is great for cloudy over-cast or near dusk/dawn cycling. For me... they also wrap around my eyes well enough that the wind doesn't get in my eyes. To help prevent fogging I wash them when with a little bar soap. I get a little soap on my thumbs and gently rub the lens and then rinse in not too hot water. The invisible soap residue prevents fogging... for me.

I recently purchased a set pf Rudy Project with the ImpactX photo chromatic lenses and the RX insert for my prescription. They do not fog, are very comfortable and keep the wind and dirt out of my eyes. While not cheap, they do the job well and should last a long time.
IMG_5238.jpg
IMG_5240.jpg