General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Squat Lobster????

Started by Lynn from Fargo · · Last activity · 22 posts · 1,561 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
11 August 2005
Last activity
12 August 2005
Original author
Lynn from Fargo
Posts
22
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,561
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–22 of 22
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "Wayne Boatwright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Thu 11 Aug 2005 08:12:27p, MG wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:


    "Wayne Boatwright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Thu 11 Aug 2005 07:42:56a, Melba's Jammin' wrote in
    rec.food.cooking:

    > In article <[email hidden]>, "MG"
    > <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >> "Lynn from Fargo" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email hidden]...
    >> > Available in the frozen seafood section of our (new) WalMart
    >> > SuperCenter at a price considerably cheaper that "rock" or Maine
    >> > lobster. Frozen 1" chunks in a bag. Quite pink in color. Anybody
    >> > tried these? I googled 'em and found other names :Mooreton Bay
    >> > Bugs. I HATE surimi/fake crab & lobster, but these are a separate
    >> > species. Lynn from Fargo
    >> >
    >>
    >> Hi
    >> Moreton Bay Bugs (as they're called in Oz) are DELICIOUS!!!
    >>
    >> kind of like prawns (shrimps to you, I think?), but sort of
    >> meatier-tasting (ie sometimes prawns can be a bit wishy-washy)
    >> definitely worth a try if you have them there
    >
    >> Cheers
    >> Maria
    >
    > Same thing as mud bugs (I think that's what they were called - I ate
    > them in Oz).

    What did you think of them? As tasty as lobster?

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

    the flesh is more tender than a lobster or crayfish, and I think more
    succulent

    Maria

    Thanks, Maria!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*
    ____________________________________________

    you are very welcome!

  2. "Allan Matthews" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On 10 Aug 2005 21:39:15 -0700, "Lynn from Fargo" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Available in the frozen seafood section of our (new) WalMart
    SuperCenter at a price considerably cheaper that "rock" or Maine
    lobster. Frozen 1" chunks in a bag. Quite pink in color. Anybody tried
    these? I googled 'em and found other names :Mooreton Bay Bugs. I HATE
    surimi/fake crab & lobster, but these are a separate species.
    Lynn from Fargo


    This sounds like what I bought several months ago. Described as
    "lobster chunks" it was really pressed lumps of ground "something" and
    did not resemble lobster in taste at all. The bag in fine print says
    "cook when frozen" Tried the first bag..threw it and second bag away.

    http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/vents/nemo/explorer/bio_gallery/biogallery-Info.00002.html

    http://www.promotega.org/ksu00019/squatlb.htm

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.