General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

running for the ages

Started by Hank · · Last activity · 62 posts · 2,253 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
22 March 2004
Last activity
10 April 2004
Original author
Hank
Posts
62
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,253
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 61–62 of 62
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Doug Freese said:

    Dot wrote:

    Quoted message said:

    Anywho, if you like Sean's stuff check out
    movinshoes.comshawn.html It's good
    stuff.

    How'd I overlook that url in all the stuff I've poked
    through over the last couple years 😉 Thanks.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Sounds like maybe I should give UR a try for a year.

    I would. UR coves gear also and quite well.

    done. (Natural History subscription bit the dust to keep
    total subscriptions constant 😉 I have a feeling there may
    be some overlap with book, but we'll see.

    I never took a subscription

    Quoted message said:

    to TR and the few that I did read, including the one on
    massage that I was interviewed and quoted, I found too
    superficial almost like Runner's world. I have not looked
    in over a year so maybe it has moved from the 098 to the
    099 level. 😉

    The massage issue was my first issue, and yes, most of the
    articles are of that flavor - sound (er, text) bites from
    multiple interviews strung together into an article 🙁 Keep
    in mind, I was at 010 level, if that, when starting so a 098
    or 099 level mag is about right 😉 It does have ads for
    things like running camps or trips, that I might find useful
    and didn't know they existed. As I've mentioned before, some
    articles read like abstracts, but they do either stimulate a
    thought or provide an index for me to go look for more
    information on the subject. I'm ignorant enough about a lot
    of things that I have to know it exists, before I can search
    for it on web. The articles are at least relevant.

    Things, like, yea, it's ok to do speed work on trails
    (suitable for one's abilities or lack thereof), esp. if
    you're gonna race on trails. Don't need no lane lines or
    distances for those things if training by effort - which is
    the way most primary articles are written (usually relative
    to LT or VO2max or something, not pace), at least the ones
    I've seen. What I do is mix ideas from TR with more detailed
    information from RRN and PP to get the normal workouts with
    a trail spin. Hey, works for
    me 🙂 I've never seen ss running in RRN or PP so I need TR
    or the new ss e-mag for some stimulation of thinking
    outside the traditional box.

    But you'll never mistake a TR cover for Cosmpopolitan 🙂 In
    RW, for me, the topics aren't even interesting enough to
    bother reading (and that was before I started trails). Other
    than last year they had an article on Mt. Marathon, and I
    actually bought that one for the pictures.

    Thanks again.

    Dot

    --
    "Success is different things to different people" -Bernd
    Heinrich in Racing the Antelope

  2. crafty counterpuncher said:


    just got my april issue of "u.r." ... due to too much
    reading material and not enough time, you have to run
    SOMETIME...

    Thanks. I ended up subscribing today (and dropping Natural
    History since reading material was out of control).

    Dot

    --
    "Success is different things to different people" -Bernd
    Heinrich in Racing the Antelope

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.