General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Making bacon safe to eat without overcooking

Started by Carmen · · Last activity · 1 post · 305 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
5 October 2004
Last activity
5 October 2004
Original author
Carmen
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
305
Views / 30 days
5

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi,
    On 5-Oct-2004, Ignoramus7068 <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I have a question. I really like raw bacon, but Carmen and other
    convinced me that it is not a good idea to eat it due to dangers of
    trichinosis.

    At the same time, I absolutely positively hate crispy cooked bacon,
    it does not taste like food and cannot be healthy due to high
    cooking
    temps. Plus, it wastes all that delicious fat.

    Is there some way of cooking bacon that kills possible parasites,
    and yet leaves bacon tasting like raw bacon or close?


    Snip

    Bob's idea sounds like it'd work. I never would have thought of it
    due to my own bias against eating raw bacon, but it ought to allow you
    to eat your bacon the way you like safely.

    Take care,
    Carmen

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.