General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Palmer's Problem (ketosis and abdominal pain)

Started by MDS · · Last activity · 37 posts · 558 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
1 June 2006
Last activity
4 June 2006
Original author
MDS
Posts
37
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
558
Views / 30 days
10

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 37
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. In light of the information Palmer posted showing severe abdominal pain as a
    potential side effect of ketosis, I'd like to say two things. First, as the
    information itself seems to indicate, only a small minority have experienced
    this. Second, you can count me in that small minority because the same
    thing happened to me the first and last time I did the induction phase. I
    was almost done with that phase when the pain hit me like a ton of bricks.
    I went to the local medical center, and the doctor on duty suspected
    appendicitis and sent me to the emergency room via ambulance, but the
    hospital staff determined that it wasn't appendicitis and decided it was
    either a stomach bug or constipation. Let me stress here that Palmer is not
    trolling or joking around. I was in so much pain in the hospital that they
    had to put me on morphine. I quit the induction phase early and began
    taking in more carbs while still keeping them below 125g per day. The pain
    went away within two days. I eventually quit low-carbing altogether until I
    was diagnosed with diabetes six weeks ago. My doctor told me to cut my carb
    intake, and when I told her about my past experience with Atkins, she told
    me to avoid ketosis because of the potential problems, like severe abdominal
    pain. She didn't really give me any specific advice on which diet to try,
    and since then I have normalized my blood sugar and am slowly losing weight
    by keeping my carb intake at less than 100g per day.

    I must admit that I'm rather surprised that so many people here overlooked
    where Palmer said he was on a low-carb diet that wasn't Atkins. I'd be
    [censored] too if people ignored something I said and then accused me of being a
    liar or a troll. To the rest of you more courteous people, I understand how
    you might not be able to relate to Palmer's situation, but I do think that
    it shows a need for more research into this as well as a greater need for
    understanding that some people can and do suffer from severe abdominal pain
    caused by ketosis.

    --
    MDS (Mister Doctor Sir)

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,
    "MDS" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    some people can and do suffer from severe abdominal pain

    Quoted message said:

    caused by ketosis.

    --
    MDS (Mister Doctor Sir)

    Wow...amazing that in five years of reading the books, reading the
    newsgroups, and researching I've never heard of this. Good thing I have
    a 'doctor' to keep me updated.

    --
    ***************************
    Wayne Crannell
    Atkins+ 10/21/01
    249/141
    ***************************

  3. "Wayne Crannell" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    "MDS" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    some people can and do suffer from severe abdominal pain

    Quoted message said:

    caused by ketosis.

    --
    MDS (Mister Doctor Sir)

    Wow...amazing that in five years of reading the books, reading the
    newsgroups, and researching I've never heard of this. Good thing I have
    a 'doctor' to keep me updated.

    Wow! I have a doctor, too! And she warned me about ketosis! I guess that
    means your doctor is smarter than my doctor.

  4. Quoted message said:

    In light of the information Palmer posted showing severe abdominal pain as a
    potential side effect of ketosis, I'd like to say two things. First, as the
    information itself seems to indicate, only a small minority have experienced
    this. Second, you can count me in that small minority because the same
    thing happened to me the first and last time I did the induction phase. I
    was almost done with that phase when the pain hit me like a ton of bricks.
    I went to the local medical center, and the doctor on duty suspected
    appendicitis and sent me to the emergency room via ambulance, but the
    hospital staff determined that it wasn't appendicitis and decided it was
    either a stomach bug or constipation. Let me stress here that Palmer is not
    trolling or joking around. I was in so much pain in the hospital that they
    had to put me on morphine. I quit the induction phase early and began
    taking in more carbs while still keeping them below 125g per day. The pain
    went away within two days.

    Now this is a classic. We're supposed to believe that during induction
    you had stomach pain so severe you went via ambulance to the emergency
    room. The pain was so bad, you were put on morphine. Then you tell
    us that as a result of that you "quit the induction phase early and
    began taking in more carbs while still keeping them below 125g per
    day."

    Am I the only one that finds this quite amazing? If you were in such
    pain and went through that experience, any normal person would have
    immediately just gone back to normal eating, not fooling around with
    modifying the LC plan by upping the carbs, but keeping them under 125
    to see what would happen next.

    I don't doubt that some people could experience stomach problems from a
    sudden radical change in diet, whether to LC or anything else. But
    from some of what I'm hearing here and from Palmer, I have serious
    doubts as to the veracity of these events.

  5. I remember back when I was a newbie low carber that I would suffer from bad
    cramps after doing induction level carbs for a while. It turns out that I
    have diverticulosis. The problem was solved by ensuring adequate fiber
    intake, not increasing carbs or staying out of ketosis.

    I found out about the diverticulosis after having had a colonoscopy. I
    wonder if any of you have had such so that you can rule out this
    possibility?

    MDS wrote:
    :: In light of the information Palmer posted showing severe abdominal
    :: pain as a potential side effect of ketosis, I'd like to say two
    :: things. First, as the information itself seems to indicate, only a
    :: small minority have experienced this. Second, you can count me in
    :: that small minority because the same thing happened to me the first
    :: and last time I did the induction phase. I was almost done with
    :: that phase when the pain hit me like a ton of bricks. I went to the
    :: local medical center, and the doctor on duty suspected appendicitis
    :: and sent me to the emergency room via ambulance, but the hospital
    :: staff determined that it wasn't appendicitis and decided it was
    :: either a stomach bug or constipation. Let me stress here that
    :: Palmer is not trolling or joking around. I was in so much pain in
    :: the hospital that they had to put me on morphine. I quit the
    :: induction phase early and began taking in more carbs while still
    :: keeping them below 125g per day. The pain went away within two
    :: days. I eventually quit low-carbing altogether until I was
    :: diagnosed with diabetes six weeks ago. My doctor told me to cut my
    :: carb intake, and when I told her about my past experience with
    :: Atkins, she told me to avoid ketosis because of the potential
    :: problems, like severe abdominal pain. She didn't really give me any
    :: specific advice on which diet to try, and since then I have
    :: normalized my blood sugar and am slowly losing weight by keeping my
    :: carb intake at less than 100g per day.
    ::
    :: I must admit that I'm rather surprised that so many people here
    :: overlooked where Palmer said he was on a low-carb diet that wasn't
    :: Atkins. I'd be [censored] too if people ignored something I said and
    :: then accused me of being a liar or a troll. To the rest of you more
    :: courteous people, I understand how you might not be able to relate
    :: to Palmer's situation, but I do think that it shows a need for more
    :: research into this as well as a greater need for understanding that
    :: some people can and do suffer from severe abdominal pain caused by
    :: ketosis.
    ::
    :: --
    :: MDS (Mister Doctor Sir)

  6. [email hidden] wrote:
    ::: In light of the information Palmer posted showing severe abdominal
    ::: pain as a potential side effect of ketosis, I'd like to say two
    ::: things. First, as the information itself seems to indicate, only a
    ::: small minority have experienced this. Second, you can count me in
    ::: that small minority because the same thing happened to me the first
    ::: and last time I did the induction phase. I was almost done with
    ::: that phase when the pain hit me like a ton of bricks.
    ::: I went to the local medical center, and the doctor on duty suspected
    ::: appendicitis and sent me to the emergency room via ambulance, but
    ::: the hospital staff determined that it wasn't appendicitis and
    ::: decided it was either a stomach bug or constipation. Let me stress
    ::: here that Palmer is not trolling or joking around. I was in so
    ::: much pain in the hospital that they had to put me on morphine. I
    ::: quit the induction phase early and began taking in more carbs while
    ::: still keeping them below 125g per day. The pain went away within
    ::: two days.
    ::
    ::
    :: Now this is a classic. We're supposed to believe that during
    :: induction you had stomach pain so severe you went via ambulance to
    :: the emergency room. The pain was so bad, you were put on morphine.
    :: Then you tell us that as a result of that you "quit the induction
    :: phase early and began taking in more carbs while still keeping them
    :: below 125g per day."
    ::
    :: Am I the only one that finds this quite amazing? If you were in
    :: such pain and went through that experience, any normal person would
    :: have immediately just gone back to normal eating, not fooling around
    :: with modifying the LC plan by upping the carbs, but keeping them
    :: under 125 to see what would happen next.
    ::
    :: I don't doubt that some people could experience stomach problems
    :: from a sudden radical change in diet, whether to LC or anything
    :: else. But from some of what I'm hearing here and from Palmer, I
    :: have serious doubts as to the veracity of these events.

    I don't know anything about Palmer, but MDS posts regularly on the diabetes
    group and is doing well with controling his BG via LC. I think this issue
    is unrelated to carbs and ketosis, and likely more related to fiber & liquid
    intake and possibly diverticulosis. the change is diet could harden stuff in
    the bowels and cause pain as waste materials move through. I suffered from
    something similar to this myself, though I didn't describe it the same,
    perhaps. I even remember posting about it here in the early days.

  7. I'd like to see the research that ties the pain specifically to ketosis.

    In news:[email hidden],
    MDS <[email hidden]> stated
    | In light of the information Palmer posted showing severe abdominal
    | pain as a potential side effect of ketosis, I'd like to say two
    | things. First, as the information itself seems to indicate, only a
    | small minority have experienced this. Second, you can count me in
    | that small minority because the same thing happened to me the first
    | and last time I did the induction phase. I was almost done with that
    | phase when the pain hit me like a ton of bricks. I went to the local
    | medical center, and the doctor on duty suspected appendicitis and
    | sent me to the emergency room via ambulance, but the hospital staff
    | determined that it wasn't appendicitis and decided it was either a
    | stomach bug or constipation. Let me stress here that Palmer is not
    | trolling or joking around. I was in so much pain in the hospital
    | that they had to put me on morphine. I quit the induction phase
    | early and began taking in more carbs while still keeping them below
    | 125g per day. The pain went away within two days. I eventually quit
    | low-carbing altogether until I was diagnosed with diabetes six weeks
    | ago. My doctor told me to cut my carb intake, and when I told her
    | about my past experience with Atkins, she told me to avoid ketosis
    | because of the potential problems, like severe abdominal pain. She
    | didn't really give me any specific advice on which diet to try, and
    | since then I have normalized my blood sugar and am slowly losing
    | weight by keeping my carb intake at less than 100g per day.
    |
    | I must admit that I'm rather surprised that so many people here
    | overlooked where Palmer said he was on a low-carb diet that wasn't
    | Atkins. I'd be [censored] too if people ignored something I said and
    | then accused me of being a liar or a troll. To the rest of you more
    | courteous people, I understand how you might not be able to relate to
    | Palmer's situation, but I do think that it shows a need for more
    | research into this as well as a greater need for understanding that
    | some people can and do suffer from severe abdominal pain caused by
    | ketosis.

  8. MDS said:


    In light of the information Palmer posted showing severe abdominal pain as a
    potential side effect of ketosis, I'd like to say two things. First, as the
    information itself seems to indicate, only a small minority have experienced
    this. Second, you can count me in that small minority because the same
    thing happened to me the first and last time I did the induction phase. I
    was almost done with that phase when the pain hit me like a ton of bricks.
    I went to the local medical center, and the doctor on duty suspected
    appendicitis and sent me to the emergency room via ambulance, but the
    hospital staff determined that it wasn't appendicitis and decided it was
    either a stomach bug or constipation. Let me stress here that Palmer is not
    trolling or joking around. I was in so much pain in the hospital that they
    had to put me on morphine. I quit the induction phase early and began
    taking in more carbs while still keeping them below 125g per day. The pain
    went away within two days. I eventually quit low-carbing altogether until I
    was diagnosed with diabetes six weeks ago. My doctor told me to cut my carb
    intake, and when I told her about my past experience with Atkins, she told
    me to avoid ketosis because of the potential problems, like severe abdominal
    pain. She didn't really give me any specific advice on which diet to try,
    and since then I have normalized my blood sugar and am slowly losing weight
    by keeping my carb intake at less than 100g per day.

    I must admit that I'm rather surprised that so many people here overlooked
    where Palmer said he was on a low-carb diet that wasn't Atkins. I'd be
    [censored] too if people ignored something I said and then accused me of being a
    liar or a troll. To the rest of you more courteous people, I understand how
    you might not be able to relate to Palmer's situation, but I do think that
    it shows a need for more research into this as well as a greater need for
    understanding that some people can and do suffer from severe abdominal pain
    caused by ketosis.

    --
    MDS (Mister Doctor Sir)

    Well I'm almost surprised to see that someone actually can relate to
    what I've been saying. It almost feels like I'm in the presence of a
    cult group in here, with Atkins as the god and the books about him the
    bibles. Say just one thing that doesn't agree with what they believe,
    and they all go apeshit. Listen, I'd really like to discuss this matter
    with you more, but I'd like to take it out of the group. Would you mind
    if I e-mailed you and we can dicuss this further without these cultists
    insisting that I'm wrong, lying, trolling, or something else? I would
    really appreciate it. My wife started eating normally Tuesday night,
    although her appetite was small. I just got home, and she said she was
    feeling better although there was still some pain.

  9. "Roger Zoul" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] wrote:
    ::: In light of the information Palmer posted showing severe abdominal
    ::: pain as a potential side effect of ketosis, I'd like to say two
    ::: things. First, as the information itself seems to indicate, only a
    ::: small minority have experienced this. Second, you can count me in
    ::: that small minority because the same thing happened to me the first
    ::: and last time I did the induction phase. I was almost done with
    ::: that phase when the pain hit me like a ton of bricks.
    ::: I went to the local medical center, and the doctor on duty suspected
    ::: appendicitis and sent me to the emergency room via ambulance, but
    ::: the hospital staff determined that it wasn't appendicitis and
    ::: decided it was either a stomach bug or constipation. Let me stress
    ::: here that Palmer is not trolling or joking around. I was in so
    ::: much pain in the hospital that they had to put me on morphine. I
    ::: quit the induction phase early and began taking in more carbs while
    ::: still keeping them below 125g per day. The pain went away within
    ::: two days.
    ::
    ::
    :: Now this is a classic. We're supposed to believe that during
    :: induction you had stomach pain so severe you went via ambulance to
    :: the emergency room. The pain was so bad, you were put on morphine.
    :: Then you tell us that as a result of that you "quit the induction
    :: phase early and began taking in more carbs while still keeping them
    :: below 125g per day."
    ::
    :: Am I the only one that finds this quite amazing? If you were in
    :: such pain and went through that experience, any normal person would
    :: have immediately just gone back to normal eating, not fooling around
    :: with modifying the LC plan by upping the carbs, but keeping them
    :: under 125 to see what would happen next.
    ::
    :: I don't doubt that some people could experience stomach problems
    :: from a sudden radical change in diet, whether to LC or anything
    :: else. But from some of what I'm hearing here and from Palmer, I
    :: have serious doubts as to the veracity of these events.

    I don't know anything about Palmer, but MDS posts regularly on the


    diabetes

    Quoted message said:

    group and is doing well with controling his BG via LC. I think this issue
    is unrelated to carbs and ketosis, and likely more related to fiber &


    liquid

    Quoted message said:

    intake and possibly diverticulosis. the change is diet could harden stuff


    in

    Quoted message said:

    the bowels and cause pain as waste materials move through. I suffered


    from

    Quoted message said:

    something similar to this myself, though I didn't describe it the same,
    perhaps. I even remember posting about it here in the early days.

    I'm glad we knew each other a little, Roger. Perhaps because of your
    message above, some of the more level-headed people here seem to have
    stepped forward. I was getting rather frustrated myself with the attitude
    of some of the people here.

  10. "Roger Zoul" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I remember back when I was a newbie low carber that I would suffer from


    bad

    Quoted message said:

    cramps after doing induction level carbs for a while. It turns out that I
    have diverticulosis. The problem was solved by ensuring adequate fiber
    intake, not increasing carbs or staying out of ketosis.

    I found out about the diverticulosis after having had a colonoscopy. I
    wonder if any of you have had such so that you can rule out this
    possibility?

    I didn't have a colonoscopy so I wouldn't know if there was anything like
    that inside me. I just had to look up the definition of diverticulosis, and
    if the definition is correct, then it means there are pouches or sacs
    protruding from the intestines? Is that right?

    Quoted message said:

    MDS wrote:
    :: In light of the information Palmer posted showing severe abdominal
    :: pain as a potential side effect of ketosis, I'd like to say two
    :: things. First, as the information itself seems to indicate, only a
    :: small minority have experienced this. Second, you can count me in
    :: that small minority because the same thing happened to me the first
    :: and last time I did the induction phase. I was almost done with
    :: that phase when the pain hit me like a ton of bricks. I went to the
    :: local medical center, and the doctor on duty suspected appendicitis
    :: and sent me to the emergency room via ambulance, but the hospital
    :: staff determined that it wasn't appendicitis and decided it was
    :: either a stomach bug or constipation. Let me stress here that
    :: Palmer is not trolling or joking around. I was in so much pain in
    :: the hospital that they had to put me on morphine. I quit the
    :: induction phase early and began taking in more carbs while still
    :: keeping them below 125g per day. The pain went away within two
    :: days. I eventually quit low-carbing altogether until I was
    :: diagnosed with diabetes six weeks ago. My doctor told me to cut my
    :: carb intake, and when I told her about my past experience with
    :: Atkins, she told me to avoid ketosis because of the potential
    :: problems, like severe abdominal pain. She didn't really give me any
    :: specific advice on which diet to try, and since then I have
    :: normalized my blood sugar and am slowly losing weight by keeping my
    :: carb intake at less than 100g per day.
    ::
    :: I must admit that I'm rather surprised that so many people here
    :: overlooked where Palmer said he was on a low-carb diet that wasn't
    :: Atkins. I'd be [censored] too if people ignored something I said and
    :: then accused me of being a liar or a troll. To the rest of you more
    :: courteous people, I understand how you might not be able to relate
    :: to Palmer's situation, but I do think that it shows a need for more
    :: research into this as well as a greater need for understanding that
    :: some people can and do suffer from severe abdominal pain caused by
    :: ketosis.
    ::
    :: --
    :: MDS (Mister Doctor Sir)

  11. "Palmer" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    MDS said:


    In light of the information Palmer posted showing severe abdominal pain


    as a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    potential side effect of ketosis, I'd like to say two things. First, as


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    information itself seems to indicate, only a small minority have


    experienced

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    this. Second, you can count me in that small minority because the same
    thing happened to me the first and last time I did the induction phase.


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    was almost done with that phase when the pain hit me like a ton of


    bricks.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I went to the local medical center, and the doctor on duty suspected
    appendicitis and sent me to the emergency room via ambulance, but the
    hospital staff determined that it wasn't appendicitis and decided it was
    either a stomach bug or constipation. Let me stress here that Palmer is


    not

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    trolling or joking around. I was in so much pain in the hospital that


    they

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    had to put me on morphine. I quit the induction phase early and began
    taking in more carbs while still keeping them below 125g per day. The


    pain

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    went away within two days. I eventually quit low-carbing altogether


    until I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    was diagnosed with diabetes six weeks ago. My doctor told me to cut my


    carb

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    intake, and when I told her about my past experience with Atkins, she


    told

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    me to avoid ketosis because of the potential problems, like severe


    abdominal

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    pain. She didn't really give me any specific advice on which diet to


    try,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    and since then I have normalized my blood sugar and am slowly losing


    weight

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    by keeping my carb intake at less than 100g per day.

    I must admit that I'm rather surprised that so many people here


    overlooked

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    where Palmer said he was on a low-carb diet that wasn't Atkins. I'd be
    [censored] too if people ignored something I said and then accused me of


    being a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    liar or a troll. To the rest of you more courteous people, I understand


    how

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    you might not be able to relate to Palmer's situation, but I do think


    that

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    it shows a need for more research into this as well as a greater need


    for

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    understanding that some people can and do suffer from severe abdominal


    pain

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    caused by ketosis.

    --
    MDS (Mister Doctor Sir)

    Well I'm almost surprised to see that someone actually can relate to
    what I've been saying. It almost feels like I'm in the presence of a
    cult group in here, with Atkins as the god and the books about him the
    bibles. Say just one thing that doesn't agree with what they believe,
    and they all go apeshit. Listen, I'd really like to discuss this matter
    with you more, but I'd like to take it out of the group. Would you mind
    if I e-mailed you and we can dicuss this further without these cultists
    insisting that I'm wrong, lying, trolling, or something else? I would
    really appreciate it. My wife started eating normally Tuesday night,
    although her appetite was small. I just got home, and she said she was
    feeling better although there was still some pain.

    I'm glad to hear that your wife is feeling better. I understand your
    frustration, but I didn't want to reply to this right away because some of
    the more sensible people have started posting and I didn't want to inflame
    the wrong people. The morons I don't care about :-). I see you responded
    to Roger. He's a good person, and I think this misunderstanding should be
    forgotten as far as you two are concerned. We seem to have a common problem
    in our past, and some of us are intelligent enough to be able to discuss it
    without resorting to flames and accusations. Since I know Roger a little
    from alt.support.diabetes, I will say that he is someone you can trust to
    hear you out and give you an honest answer. You can e-mail me, of course,
    but don't feel like you have to rush off out of here just because some of
    the posters are jackasses. Killfile those dumbasses, and interact with the
    others. I haven't interacted much here myself since I haven't really needed
    any help on anything and haven't really seen too much that interested me,
    but I've popped in now and then just to see what people are discussing cause
    you never know when it's going to be something that interests you, just like
    this whole abdominal pain issue interested me.

  12. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    :snip:

    Quoted message said:

    Go take a look at the other thread where I just exposed Palmer with two
    of his posts that contradict each other. In his first post he claimed
    his wife was taking in 75-100g of carbs a day, plus or minus 20. Then
    today he claimed she was taking in 20g a day. I knew when he started
    with the PCRM links he was full of baloney. So hold the vulgarity,
    some of us have plenty of reason to be suspicious here and running
    around calling everyone names isn't gonna win you any friends or
    respect.

    Look Einstein. I couldn't care less at this point about winning respect or
    friends in this group, especially after all that has just happened. It's
    you people who need to work on winning respect. And as far as calling
    people names is concerned, only you and a few others have experienced that
    from me. I treated Roger with respect because he already had my respect.
    You have none of it. You act like some pretty important people here. But
    you know what? You're not. I'm not. We're just names on a computer
    screen. Get over yourselves. Someone asked for help. You jumped on him. I
    said I had had the same experience. Some of you jumped on me. I flamed
    your ass good. Don't like it? Tough. You're just a name on a screen,
    little boy. Now just don't reply to this because you're obviously still too
    stupid to get it through your thick skull that the issue is over. Palmer
    got his answer and indicated to me in e-mail that he wasn't going to stick
    around and reply to all your ridiculous [censored]. I've been replying to it
    because I can't stand people like you. I probably wouldn't have thought
    twice about this guy had it not been for the fact that I had the same thing
    happen to me. And then to watch you pathetic people swarm around him like
    you were actually important or something, that's enough reason to draw my
    guns and start shooting. Now [censored]. Issue over. Drop it.

    --
    MDS (Mister Doctor Sir)

  13. MDS wrote:
    :: "Roger Zoul" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    :: news:[email hidden]...
    ::: I remember back when I was a newbie low carber that I would suffer
    ::: from bad cramps after doing induction level carbs for a while. It
    ::: turns out that I have diverticulosis. The problem was solved by
    ::: ensuring adequate fiber intake, not increasing carbs or staying out
    ::: of ketosis.
    :::
    ::: I found out about the diverticulosis after having had a
    ::: colonoscopy. I wonder if any of you have had such so that you can
    ::: rule out this possibility?
    ::
    ::
    :: I didn't have a colonoscopy so I wouldn't know if there was anything
    :: like that inside me. I just had to look up the definition of
    :: diverticulosis, and if the definition is correct, then it means
    :: there are pouches or sacs protruding from the intestines? Is that
    :: right?

    Yep. And when the become in inflamed, you have a condition know as
    diverticulitis. That's when things become a problem....supposedly, eating
    certain foods can aggravate the condition...certain types of seeds, etc.

  14. MDS said:

    Look Einstein. I couldn't care less at this point about winning respect or
    friends in this group, especially after all that has just happened. It's
    you people who need to work on winning respect. And as far as calling
    people names is concerned, only you and a few others have experienced that
    from me.

    Only a few? Like Marengo, Tunder, Saffire, and me, all long time
    members of this group who you attacked with extreme profanity without
    any of us having used profanity against you. Is this what your
    parents taught you?

    Quoted message said:

    I treated Roger with respect because he already had my respect.

    That's an interesting way to go through life. Treat people with
    hostile vulgarity until they earn your respect. Does it work well for
    you? Please try that with a Cop next time you are pulled over.

    Quoted message said:

    You have none of it. You act like some pretty important people here. But
    you know what? You're not. I'm not. We're just names on a computer
    screen. Get over yourselves. Someone asked for help. You jumped on him.

    This is obviously part of your problem. You fly off the handle based
    on faulty information and assumptions. I never jumped on Palmer
    prior to your attacking me with extreme vulgarity. My one and only
    post in that entire thread was 74th on the list long after your barrage
    of vulgarity started at me. And that one post I only made when I
    pointed out that after all these posts, we still don't know what diet
    Palmer was following. And that in his first post Palmer claimed his
    wife was somewhere around 75-100g of carbs per day, then in another
    post he says it was 20g. Some of us see things like that, citations
    from the PCRM, and begin to have doubts.

    I

    Quoted message said:

    said I had had the same experience. Some of you jumped on me. I flamed
    your ass good. Don't like it? Tough. You're just a name on a screen,
    little boy. Now just don't reply to this because you're obviously still too
    stupid to get it through your thick skull that the issue is over.

    If it's over, then why are you posting this?

    Palmer

    Quoted message said:

    got his answer and indicated to me in e-mail that he wasn't going to stick
    around and reply to all your ridiculous [censored]. I've been replying to it
    because I can't stand people like you.

    Or Marengo, Tunder, Saffire, Wayne.... All regulars here who have
    contributed a lot more to this newsgroup than you and seem to be able
    to get along.

    I probably wouldn't have thought

    Quoted message said:

    twice about this guy had it not been for the fact that I had the same thing
    happen to me. And then to watch you pathetic people swarm around him like
    you were actually important or something, that's enough reason to draw my
    guns and start shooting. Now [censored]. Issue over. Drop it.

    --
    MDS (Mister Doctor Sir)

    If you're so smart, how come you're still fat, while those you hurl
    obscenities at here aren't?

  15. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    MDS said:

    Look Einstein. I couldn't care less at this point about winning respect


    or

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    friends in this group, especially after all that has just happened.


    It's

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    you people who need to work on winning respect. And as far as calling
    people names is concerned, only you and a few others have experienced


    that

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    from me.

    Only a few? Like Marengo, Tunder, Saffire, and me, all long time
    members of this group who you attacked with extreme profanity without
    any of us having used profanity against you. Is this what your
    parents taught you?

    What do parents have to do with it? You guys were acting likes asses, and
    you got treated like asses. Pure and simple. Do you want an equation to
    make it simple for you? Here: Ass+Acting like an ass=Flamebait.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I treated Roger with respect because he already had my respect.

    That's an interesting way to go through life. Treat people with
    hostile vulgarity until they earn your respect. Does it work well for
    you? Please try that with a Cop next time you are pulled over.

    Actually it has. When one stands up for himself, as I have in the past,
    those who realize I am not going to back down usually call a truce and the
    flaming ends with some semblence of mutual respect after that. Stop trying
    to apply real world ethics to the internet. You'll only get burned.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    You have none of it. You act like some pretty important people here.


    But

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    you know what? You're not. I'm not. We're just names on a computer
    screen. Get over yourselves. Someone asked for help. You jumped on


    him.

    Quoted message said:


    This is obviously part of your problem. You fly off the handle based
    on faulty information and assumptions. I never jumped on Palmer
    prior to your attacking me with extreme vulgarity. My one and only
    post in that entire thread was 74th on the list long after your barrage
    of vulgarity started at me. And that one post I only made when I
    pointed out that after all these posts, we still don't know what diet
    Palmer was following. And that in his first post Palmer claimed his
    wife was somewhere around 75-100g of carbs per day, then in another
    post he says it was 20g. Some of us see things like that, citations
    from the PCRM, and begin to have doubts.

    You are so full of [censored], dude. Palmer told me in an e-mail what happened.
    Had you asked him nicely instead of addressing him like he was a liar, he
    might have told you. I know from what he said that he didn't say things in
    an understandable way. Had you shown him some respect and asked simple
    questions, you would have got respectful answers. Since he has what he
    feels are the answers he was seeking, thanks to Roger, he indicated he was
    leaving. Shame on you, you fool. I doubt he'll ever come here again for
    any reason, and I frankly don't blame him. Some of you people need your
    heads examined. His wife was in pain, and he was simply looking for someone
    to give him an answer. The answer he got wasn't what he thought it was, but
    his claiming that it was ketosis was based on his lack of understanding.
    His citations from groups you are suspicious of was the result of him
    desperately looking for an answer none of you were willing to provide. When
    it comes to knowing as much as you claim to know, he was lacking. Now since
    he has left, I am not inclined to provide you with the answers to your
    questions. I'm satisfied that he was not trolling. If you want to believe
    that he was, feel free. I couldn't care less.

    Quoted message said:

    I

    Quoted message said:

    said I had had the same experience. Some of you jumped on me. I flamed
    your ass good. Don't like it? Tough. You're just a name on a screen,
    little boy. Now just don't reply to this because you're obviously still


    too

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    stupid to get it through your thick skull that the issue is over.

    If it's over, then why are you posting this?

    Because you keep on posting yourself. Accept that there's nothing more to
    say but endless drivel, and I'll stop replying to it with more endless
    drivel.

    Quoted message said:

    Palmer

    Quoted message said:

    got his answer and indicated to me in e-mail that he wasn't going to


    stick

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    around and reply to all your ridiculous [censored]. I've been replying to


    it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    because I can't stand people like you.

    Or Marengo, Tunder, Saffire, Wayne.... All regulars here who have
    contributed a lot more to this newsgroup than you and seem to be able
    to get along.

    Who cares who's contributed to what? After this show of moronic stupidity
    on your parts, what possible care in the world would I have in learning more
    from any of you? Afterall, it was Roger who answered our questions, not
    you.

    Quoted message said:

    I probably wouldn't have thought

    Quoted message said:

    twice about this guy had it not been for the fact that I had the same


    thing

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    happen to me. And then to watch you pathetic people swarm around him


    like

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    you were actually important or something, that's enough reason to draw


    my

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    guns and start shooting. Now [censored]. Issue over. Drop it.

    --
    MDS (Mister Doctor Sir)

    If you're so smart, how come you're still fat, while those you hurl
    obscenities at here aren't?

    If you're so smart, how come your wife is over here giving me head? Maybe
    you should have bought that penis pump like she suggested.

    --
    MDS (Mister Doctor Sir)

  16. MDS said:

    You are so full of [censored], dude. Palmer told me in an e-mail what happened.

    There you go again. More totally baseless vulgarity. Do you know how
    newsgroups work? You can read posts yourself without "Palmer",
    telling you what happened. Show me where I attacked Palmer before you
    unleashed your obscenities at me. Show me where I even MADE ANY POST
    AT ALL IN THAT ENTIRE THREAD that was started by Palmer before you used
    obscenities. You can't, because it did not happen. But if you
    look, you will find plenty of your obscenities directed at multiple
    folks here, long before I ever made a post at all.

    Quoted message said:

    Had you asked him nicely instead of addressing him like he was a liar, he
    might have told you. I know from what he said that he didn't say things in
    an understandable way. Had you shown him some respect and asked simple
    questions, you would have got respectful answers.

    Again, I never made a post in that thread prior to your obscenities.
    And I see lots of regulars here that did ask him legitimate questions
    to try to find out what exactly he and his wife were doing. And
    after days and 75 posts, we still don;'t know what the hell he or his
    wife were doing. Is he that incapable of answering simple questions?
    He seems able to find the PCRM website, but tells us one post his wife
    is at 75-100g of carbs, next it's 20g. And does that justify your
    continuing to hurl angry obscenities at many of the regulars here?

    Since he has what he

    Quoted message said:

    feels are the answers he was seeking, thanks to Roger, he indicated he was
    leaving. Shame on you, you fool. I doubt he'll ever come here again for
    any reason, and I frankly don't blame him. Some of you people need your
    heads examined.

    No great loss. Since you can't get along with many of us here, if you
    make the same decision, you won't be missed either.

    His wife was in pain, and he was simply looking for someone

    Quoted message said:

    to give him an answer. The answer he got wasn't what he thought it was, but
    his claiming that it was ketosis was based on his lack of understanding.

    His lack of understanding? How about your own, where you agreed with
    his claim that the pain was due to ketosis:

    "In light of the information Palmer posted showing severe abdominal
    pain as a
    potential side effect of ketosis, I'd like to say two things. First,
    as the
    information itself seems to indicate, only a small minority have
    experienced
    this. Second, you can count me in that small minority because the same

    thing happened to me the first and last time I did the induction phase.

    Quoted message said:

    His citations from groups you are suspicious of was the result of him
    desperately looking for an answer none of you were willing to provide. When
    it comes to knowing as much as you claim to know, he was lacking. Now since
    he has left, I am not inclined to provide you with the answers to your
    questions. I'm satisfied that he was not trolling. If you want to believe
    that he was, feel free. I couldn't care less.

    I never claimed to know much. I only claimed that I've done LC for a
    very long time and I'm not obese, while you are. And obviously you do
    care, cause you keep posting.

  17. [email hidden] wrote:
    <snip>

    Quoted message said:


    Again, I never made a post in that thread prior to your obscenities.
    And I see lots of regulars here that did ask him legitimate questions
    to try to find out what exactly he and his wife were doing. And
    after days and 75 posts, we still don;'t know what the hell he or his
    wife were doing. Is he that incapable of answering simple
    questions? He seems able to find the PCRM website, but tells us one
    post his wife
    is at 75-100g of carbs, next it's 20g. And does that justify your
    continuing to hurl angry obscenities at many of the regulars here?

    Well he'll find out soon enough if Palmer was trolling. He's over in
    alt.support.diabeties now with a mysterious 1 foot by 2 foot discoloration
    on his leg that he's had for 7 years (from scratching an itch). Amazing that
    he was "just recently diagnosed with diabeties" after having such a massive
    bruise for so many years that wouldn't go away. I'm also amazed that the
    emergency room that he went to 3 years ago for his horrible stomach pains
    caused by ketosis didn't find it with all the tests they ran.

    Maybe MDS will take his wealth of knowledge, compassion, patience, and
    understanding back
    over there and help that poor man out!

  18. MDS said:

    I must admit that I'm rather surprised that so many people here overlooked
    where Palmer said he was on a low-carb diet that wasn't Atkins.

    Let's be clear: Palmer said in his first post that he's tried Atkins 3
    times. The first two times, he said he experienced abdominal pain. The
    third time he didn't. The fourth time he tried LC, he said it wasn't
    Atkins but that he did have abdominal pain.

    FWIW, the majority of newbies posting here with atypical claims about
    Atkins or LC side effects are found to be following their own,
    inaccurate idea of Atkins or other LC plans.

    Cate

  19. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    MDS said:

    You are so full of [censored], dude. Palmer told me in an e-mail what


    happened.

    Quoted message said:


    There you go again. More totally baseless vulgarity. Do you know how
    newsgroups work? You can read posts yourself without "Palmer",
    telling you what happened. Show me where I attacked Palmer before you
    unleashed your obscenities at me. Show me where I even MADE ANY POST
    AT ALL IN THAT ENTIRE THREAD that was started by Palmer before you used
    obscenities. You can't, because it did not happen. But if you
    look, you will find plenty of your obscenities directed at multiple
    folks here, long before I ever made a post at all.

    Quoted message said:

    Had you asked him nicely instead of addressing him like he was a liar,


    he

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    might have told you. I know from what he said that he didn't say things


    in

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    an understandable way. Had you shown him some respect and asked simple
    questions, you would have got respectful answers.

    Again, I never made a post in that thread prior to your obscenities.
    And I see lots of regulars here that did ask him legitimate questions
    to try to find out what exactly he and his wife were doing. And
    after days and 75 posts, we still don;'t know what the hell he or his
    wife were doing. Is he that incapable of answering simple questions?
    He seems able to find the PCRM website, but tells us one post his wife
    is at 75-100g of carbs, next it's 20g. And does that justify your
    continuing to hurl angry obscenities at many of the regulars here?

    Since he has what he

    Quoted message said:

    feels are the answers he was seeking, thanks to Roger, he indicated he


    was

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    leaving. Shame on you, you fool. I doubt he'll ever come here again


    for

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    any reason, and I frankly don't blame him. Some of you people need your
    heads examined.

    No great loss. Since you can't get along with many of us here, if you
    make the same decision, you won't be missed either.

    His wife was in pain, and he was simply looking for someone

    Quoted message said:

    to give him an answer. The answer he got wasn't what he thought it was,


    but

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    his claiming that it was ketosis was based on his lack of understanding.

    His lack of understanding? How about your own, where you agreed with
    his claim that the pain was due to ketosis:

    "In light of the information Palmer posted showing severe abdominal
    pain as a
    potential side effect of ketosis, I'd like to say two things. First,
    as the
    information itself seems to indicate, only a small minority have
    experienced
    this. Second, you can count me in that small minority because the same

    thing happened to me the first and last time I did the induction phase.

    Quoted message said:

    His citations from groups you are suspicious of was the result of him
    desperately looking for an answer none of you were willing to provide.


    When

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    it comes to knowing as much as you claim to know, he was lacking. Now


    since

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    he has left, I am not inclined to provide you with the answers to your
    questions. I'm satisfied that he was not trolling. If you want to


    believe

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    that he was, feel free. I couldn't care less.

    I never claimed to know much. I only claimed that I've done LC for a
    very long time and I'm not obese, while you are. And obviously you do
    care, cause you keep posting.

    As much as you care? You keep responding to my responses like some
    four-eyed nerd who keeps thinking to himself, "Gee, I'll show him! I'll
    kept throwing his weight at him." In the meantime you look like an ass
    because eventually I'll reach my ideal weight. And then what will you do,
    peckerhead? "Um, gee, maybe I'll hurl his past weight at him." LOL!
    You're so far the biggest moron here.

    --
    MDS (Mister Doctor Sir)

  20. MDS said:

    As much as you care? You keep responding to my responses like some
    four-eyed nerd who keeps thinking to himself, "Gee, I'll show him! I'll
    kept throwing his weight at him." In the meantime you look like an ass
    because eventually I'll reach my ideal weight. And then what will you do,
    peckerhead? "Um, gee, maybe I'll hurl his past weight at him." LOL!
    You're so far the biggest moron here.

    --
    MDS (Mister Doctor Sir)

    But I'm not the one claiming it's over and I don't care, you are, yet
    you keep posting. I'll leave it for others here to decide who the
    moron is.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.