General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

My Penzeys order just arrived, too!

Started by Rick & Cyndi · · Last activity · 8 posts · 574 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
24 January 2004
Last activity
26 January 2004
Original author
Rick & Cyndi
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
574
Views / 30 days
5

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Woo-Hoo!

    First impressions were wonderful as always!

    I'll be trying my new European Blend Peppercorns later today (they smell wonderful!).

    Parisien Bonnes Herbes - If a person that was blind from birth asked me to describe the color
    green... I would simply ask him/her to taste this! Sublime!

    Bouquet garni - Wow! Everything that I use to rub a turkey before roasting is in this! The perfect
    blend. Now I can open one jar instead of just under a dozen. Truly blended to perfection.

    Sate - Wow and double wow. I'd categorize this as a sweet-hot curry. I'm thinking curry chicken
    this weekend!

    Bavarian Seasoning - the name says it all. I'm envisioning using it on virtually any and every
    German dish I make. Ohhhhhhh, I can just taste it sprinkled on some sauerkraut and then spooning
    that over a brat! <slurp:P)

    This order's freebie was the chili powder. Nice - very nice. Just what I didn't need - one more
    temptation to add to the next order. Darn it! LOL

    --
    Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

  2. mine is on the way....there was an article in this weeks Elay times, health section that cinnamon
    may help lower blood pressure, lower chloesterol & and help in the assimilation of insulin for type
    2 diabetics.....I don't have the diabetes, but the other two are a minor problem...the article
    suggested 1 cup of "canela tea"...cinnamon stick in hot water, once a day will fill the bill....so
    I'm gonna give it a try....of course....I "had to order" some other stuff to make the order
    worthwhile....

    Harriet & critters "Rick & Cyndi" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:RwdQb.131927$xy6.537556@attbi_s02...

    Quoted message said:

    Woo-Hoo!

    First impressions were wonderful as always!

    I'll be trying my new European Blend Peppercorns later today (they smell wonderful!).

    Parisien Bonnes Herbes - If a person that was blind from birth asked me to describe the color
    green... I would simply ask him/her to taste this! Sublime!

    Bouquet garni - Wow! Everything that I use to rub a turkey before roasting is in this! The perfect
    blend. Now I can open one jar instead of just under a dozen. Truly blended to perfection.

    Sate - Wow and double wow. I'd categorize this as a sweet-hot curry. I'm thinking curry chicken
    this weekend!

    Bavarian Seasoning - the name says it all. I'm envisioning using it on virtually any and every
    German dish I make. Ohhhhhhh, I can just taste it sprinkled on some sauerkraut and then spooning
    that over a brat! <slurp:P)

    This order's freebie was the chili powder. Nice - very nice. Just what I didn't need - one more
    temptation to add to the next order. Darn it! LOL

    --
    Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

  3. "hw" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    mine is on the way....there was an article in this weeks Elay times,


    health

    Quoted message said:

    section that cinnamon may help lower blood pressure, lower chloesterol &


    and

    Quoted message said:

    help in the assimilation of insulin for type 2 diabetics.....I don't have the diabetes, but the
    other two are a minor problem...the article


    suggested

    Quoted message said:

    1 cup of "canela tea"...cinnamon stick in hot water, once a day will fill the bill....so I'm gonna
    give it a try....of course....I "had to order"


    some

    Quoted message said:

    other stuff to make the order worthwhile....

    Harriet & critters

    If you have the chance, try the Vietnamese cinnamon from Penzeys. I put it in with my green tea and
    the flavor is incedible! I use loose tea, so I just add it to that. kimberly

    Quoted message said:

    "Rick & Cyndi" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:RwdQb.131927$xy6.537556@attbi_s02...

    Quoted message said:

    Woo-Hoo!

    First impressions were wonderful as always!

    I'll be trying my new European Blend Peppercorns later today (they smell wonderful!).

    Parisien Bonnes Herbes - If a person that was blind from birth asked me to describe the color
    green... I would simply ask him/her to taste this! Sublime!

    Bouquet garni - Wow! Everything that I use to rub a turkey before roasting is in this! The
    perfect blend. Now I can open one jar instead of just under a dozen. Truly blended to
    perfection.

    Sate - Wow and double wow. I'd categorize this as a sweet-hot curry. I'm thinking curry chicken
    this weekend!

    Bavarian Seasoning - the name says it all. I'm envisioning using it on virtually any and every
    German dish I make. Ohhhhhhh, I can just taste it sprinkled on some sauerkraut and then spooning
    that over a brat! <slurp:P)

    This order's freebie was the chili powder. Nice - very nice. Just what I didn't need - one more
    temptation to add to the next order. Darn it! LOL

    --
    Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply>


  4. My Penzeys order just arrived, too!
    #############
    Ya know I got their catalog the other day. I needed some Saffron. One gram $8 + S&H ( the cheap
    stuff) The expensive stuff $14.00..+ S&H I went online and bought Saffron $10.00 for 5 grams. and
    Vanilla...on Ebay...8.5 Mexican extract ( no poison) $5. plus $3 shipping.Penzys is
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaay to expensive. Plus they have this "contest" write a letter and "win" a Penzys in
    you hometown. Note...nothing actually for you.. just an opportunity for them to gouge new people
    on Spices.Big deal. BG

  5. "BillKirch" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    My Penzeys order just arrived, too!
    #############
    Ya know I got their catalog the other day. I needed some Saffron. One gram


    $8 +

    Quoted message said:

    S&H ( the cheap stuff) The expensive stuff $14.00..+ S&H I went online


    and

    Quoted message said:

    bought Saffron $10.00 for 5 grams. and Vanilla...on Ebay...8.5 Mexican


    extract

    Quoted message said:

    ( no poison) $5. plus $3 shipping.Penzys is Waaaaaaaaaaaaay to expensive.


    Plus

    Quoted message said:

    they have this "contest" write a letter and "win" a Penzys in you


    hometown.

    Quoted message said:

    Note...nothing actually for you.. just an opportunity for them to gouge


    new

    Quoted message said:

    people on Spices.Big deal. BG

    Actually, if you buy their spices in the 4oz or larger bags, I thing they are a great
    quality product for the price. Have you ever compared it to the stupidmarket spices that are
    god-knows-how-old?

  6. On 24 Jan 2004 00:21:58 GMT, [email hidden] (BillKirch)

    Quoted message said:

    Plus they have this "contest" write a letter and "win" a Penzys in you hometown.

    Of course the winner will be from a city they already planned on openeing in anyway.

    -sw

  7. "WiScottsin" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Actually, if you buy their spices in the 4oz or larger bags, I thing they are a great
    quality product for the price. Have you ever compared it to the stupidmarket spices that are
    god-knows-how-old?

    To give one example, I paid $6.19 for a 2.4 oz jar of ground cardamom in my Penzeys order--about
    half of what I would pay at the grocery store.

    Derek Juhl

  8. Steve Wertz said:

    Of course the winner will be from a city they already planned on openeing in anyway.

    Have you not read the columns Bill writes? I have a strong stomach but this man DRIPS of
    sincerity. blacksalt

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.