General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

hors d'ouvres?

Started by -L. · · Last activity · 42 posts · 1,528 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
9 December 2005
Last activity
18 December 2005
Original author
-L.
Posts
42
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,528
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–42 of 42
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. In article <[email hidden]>,

    -L. said:

    Did I spell that right? I need suggestions for easy and yummy, and
    possibly festive (?). Has to be easily made with a little one
    underfoot! It could be a hot one, or not - I only need to take it
    nextdoor - but probably needs to be one that tastes ok if not piping
    hot.

    Sure. No problem.

    Open a can of black olives. Drain and stuff. As in stuff in your
    mouth. Open a jar of pickles. Stuff (directions already provided).
    Open a can of nuts. Stuff.

    Maybe you wanted something fancier? OK. No problem.

    Take a can of water chestnuts. Drain and marinate in soy sauce. Count
    how many you have, and cut up enough bacon pieces to drape over them.
    Stick a toothpick through them. Get a plate or pan (I use a pie pan),
    and arrange them in a circle around the edge. Cook in the microwave
    until the bacon is done. Try for two minutes but it depends on size and
    how many you crammed in. Let them cool or you will burn your mouth.

    Want more? Get some chicken. I like chicken breast. Cut into one bite
    pieces. Cut up some ginger into really thin sticks. Combine these with
    soy sauce and let marinate. Cut up green onion into the same length as
    the chicken. There is paper you use for cooking. I just use brown
    paper grocery bags. Cut into squares. Put on a piece of chicken, some
    ginger and green onion. Fold. I use the pie pan here too. Place
    around the pan in a circle. Cook until done in the microwave. Try for
    two minutes. Again, it depend on size and how many are in the pan. Let
    them sit for a minute and then cut one open.

    --
    Dan Abel
    [email hidden]
    Petaluma, California, USA

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,

    -L. said:

    Did I spell that right? I need suggestions for easy and yummy, and
    possibly festive (?). Has to be easily made with a little one
    underfoot! It could be a hot one, or not - I only need to take it
    nextdoor - but probably needs to be one that tastes ok if not piping
    hot. I will google but I thought maybe some of you have encountered
    something special recently, since the Holiday season is upon us.

    Can you find fresh Roma or plum tomatoes in your area now? A very tasty,
    elegant, and easy dish is to take a loaf of French or Italian bread,
    slice it into thin rounds, place the rounds on a single layer on a
    festive looking plate and put a thin slice of tomato, a thin slice of
    mozzarella cheese, and a fresh basil leaf on each one, then drizzle them
    with a small amount of good quality olive oil. Depending on the age of
    your kid, he or she can even help make this type of dish.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.