General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

George Forman grill vs. Panini grill

Started by Gary · · Last activity · 3 posts · 366 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
17 January 2005
Last activity
18 January 2005
Original author
Gary
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
366
Views / 30 days
5

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have been making steaks with a George Forman grill for about a year.
    Although I'm O.K. with how they come out, the grill is really not
    built for grilling thick steaks. I also have problems with steaks
    that have not been cut perfectly evenly, required by the Forman grill.

    There is a newer model Forman grill that handles thicker steaks, but
    at $100, what a price tag!

    Now there are a number of Panini grills on the market. The way they
    close, they would handle a thicker piece of food, and wouldn't require
    the food to be perfectly evenly cut.

    But what about steaks? Has anyone made steaks on a Panini grill?
    How do they turn out? How do you find them to use, especially
    compared to the Freman? Any recommendations for brands or models?

  2. bumblebee4451 said:

    I have a Wolfgang puck pannini grill and he shows it making steaks.
    They look excellent but I have not tried it yet. Its very much like
    the Villawear version.

    Anyone tried it?

    Of course you can charcoal grill or cook in a cast iron skillet but
    that was not the question. The pannini will give the lovely brown
    stripes and willl let the fat drip away and will quickly cook on both
    sides. I just may try mine tonight with a nice strip steak. And the
    pannini grill can also be used for making panninis of course!!!

    bumblebee,

    I too have a Wolfgang Puck pannini grill and it really does a good job
    on steaks as well as hamburgers. Since moving east and going from a
    house to an apartment, I do not have the luxury of grilling any more.
    I have used strip steaks, T-bone, and filet mignons -- they all have
    come out really good. The Puck pannini grill cooks faster than the
    George Foreman, is much easier to clean -- the grill plates come out
    and you can clean it manually or put it in the dishwasher. However, I
    would not recommend doing this to preserve the nonstick finish.

    I have not made panninis with mine, but it did a good job of a grilled
    cheese sandwich, and French toast.

    Judi

  3. In researching this further I came across the Cuisinart Griddler. It
    looks particularly well adapted toward being both a panini grill and a
    steak/chicken/fish grill. Has anyone tried it?

    Gary said:

    I have been making steaks with a George Forman grill for about a year.
    Although I'm O.K. with how they come out, the grill is really not
    built for grilling thick steaks. I also have problems with steaks
    that have not been cut perfectly evenly, required by the Forman grill.

    There is a newer model Forman grill that handles thicker steaks, but
    at $100, what a price tag!

    Now there are a number of Panini grills on the market. The way they
    close, they would handle a thicker piece of food, and wouldn't require
    the food to be perfectly evenly cut.

    But what about steaks? Has anyone made steaks on a Panini grill?
    How do they turn out? How do you find them to use, especially
    compared to the Freman? Any recommendations for brands or models?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.