This am's commute. going along High St Kew. Traffic slowing and dutchy gaining up hill. Pass a guy, look at him and double take as i realise he's reading a friggin paperback book! and moving (approx 20kph). We see-sawed a couple of times over the next 500m and he was still friggin reading it. Too puffed to 'talk' to him.
This am's commute. going along High St Kew. Traffic slowing and dutchy gaining up hill. Pass a guy, look at him and double take as i realise he's reading a friggin paperback book! and moving (approx 20kph). We see-sawed a couple of times over the next 500m and he was still friggin reading it. Too puffed to 'talk' to him.
unbelieveable
This post had me both shocked and amazed. Then I realised you weren't talking about another cyclist. Now that I want to see.
This am's commute. going along High St Kew. Traffic slowing and dutchy gaining up hill. Pass a guy, look at him and double take as i realise he's reading a friggin paperback book! and moving (approx 20kph). We see-sawed a couple of times over the next 500m and he was still friggin reading it. Too puffed to 'talk' to him.
unbelieveable
Thats nuthin Dutchy! A few weeks back I saw a guy in peak hr traffic eating noodles with a fork out of a container ie both hands used for eating. He wasn't looking at the road, he was watching his noodles so he didnt drop them on his shirt front.
I often see people reading the paper etc folded up on their steering wheel.
This am's commute. going along High St Kew. Traffic slowing and dutchy gaining up hill. Pass a guy, look at him and double take as i realise he's reading a friggin paperback book! and moving (approx 20kph). We see-sawed a couple of times over the next 500m and he was still friggin reading it. Too puffed to 'talk' to him.
This am's commute. going along High St Kew. Traffic slowing and dutchy gaining up hill. Pass a guy, look at him and double take as i realise he's reading a friggin paperback book! and moving (approx 20kph). We see-sawed a couple of times over the next 500m and he was still friggin reading it. Too puffed to 'talk' to him.
You don't look in may car windows do you? 🙂
Happens a lot in peak hour traffic, IME.
I have been known to pull out things to read while driving... but only when we've stopped so completely that I've made the call to switch off the engine.
I regularly see women applying make-up while "driving". I'm always tempted to try to scare them so they smudge it. Haven't spotted a man applying make-up while driving yet.
This am's commute. going along High St Kew. Traffic slowing and dutchy gaining up hill. Pass a guy, look at him and double take as i realise he's reading a friggin paperback book! and moving (approx 20kph). We see-sawed a couple of times over the next 500m and he was still friggin reading it. Too puffed to 'talk' to him.
You don't look in may car windows do you? 🙂
Happens a lot in peak hour traffic, IME.
I have been known to pull out things to read while driving... but only when we've stopped so completely that I've made the call to switch off the engine.
I regularly see women applying make-up while "driving". I'm always tempted to try to scare them so they smudge it. Haven't spotted a man applying make-up while driving yet. [/QUOTE]
I've seen men using electric shavers while driving.
i looked at him cos from behind he looked like he was asleep. Book was in his groin and he wasnt aware of anything ahead of him.
Se ethe paper on the steering wheel occasionally, but only in the stop-sometimes-start stuff. This guy hadnt come to a stop in the last km.
I recently saw a woman reading a mag while rolling the car along Springvale Rd near Maroondah H'way. I have also noticed lots of car debris (glass, bumper bits and end panel material) on the roads over the last week or two. Not sure if there has been an increase in collisions or I am just noticing it, or minimal rain to wash it away (weekend made up for that 😄 ).
I regularly see women applying make-up while "driving". I'm always tempted to try to scare them so they smudge it. Haven't spotted a man applying make-up while driving yet.
Tam
I've witnessed a few of both genders "picking a winner" so to speak. Eccchhhhhh! :eek:
i looked at him cos from behind he looked like he was asleep. Book was in his groin and he wasnt aware of anything ahead of him.
Se ethe paper on the steering wheel occasionally, but only in the stop-sometimes-start stuff. This guy hadnt come to a stop in the last km.
I recently saw a woman reading a mag while rolling the car along Springvale Rd near Maroondah H'way. I have also noticed lots of car debris (glass, bumper bits and end panel material) on the roads over the last week or two. Not sure if there has been an increase in collisions or I am just noticing it, or minimal rain to wash it away (weekend made up for that 😄 ).
I have heard of a list of wierd things people have done while driving. On one occasion a woman was spotted putting a towel over her shoulders... not too strange... then tipping a bottle of water over her head... hmmm, a bit strange... then washing her hair with some shampoo!! WTF!! In the middle of peak hour traffic!
I have heard of a list of wierd things people have done while driving.
A couple fo weeks ago I saw a woman who was obviously concerned about the bright, early evening sun shining in through her driver's side window. Rather than just using the drop down shadey thing (total blank, can't remember what they're called) she added a scarf or something over the top of it, totally blocking her view of anything coming from her right! :0
I have heard of a list of wierd things people have done while driving.
A couple fo weeks ago I saw a woman who was obviously concerned about the bright, early evening sun shining in through her driver's side window. Rather than just using the drop down shadey thing (total blank, can't remember what they're called) she added a scarf or something over the top of it, totally blocking her view of anything coming from her right! :0
That's the one! I got it about 5 seconds after hitting send. I'll use the excuse that it's ****ing hot here today and my brain has given up in disgust 🙂
This am's commute. going along High St Kew. Traffic slowing and dutchy gaining up hill. Pass a guy, look at him and double take as i realise he's reading a friggin paperback book! and moving (approx 20kph). We see-sawed a couple of times over the next 500m and he was still friggin reading it. Too puffed to 'talk' to him.
unbelieveable
I saw you coming down hill into the junction, you didn't look that puffed!
i looked at him cos from behind he looked like he was asleep. Book was in his groin and he wasnt aware of anything ahead of him.
Se ethe paper on the steering wheel occasionally, but only in the stop-sometimes-start stuff. This guy hadnt come to a stop in the last km.
I recently saw a woman reading a mag while rolling the car along Springvale Rd near Maroondah H'way. I have also noticed lots of car debris (glass, bumper bits and end panel material) on the roads over the last week or two. Not sure if there has been an increase in collisions or I am just noticing it, or minimal rain to wash it away (weekend made up for that 😄 ).
On 2006-02-27, Graeme Dods (aka Bruce) was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
Quoted message said:
Tamyka Bell said:
I think it's called a visor.
That's the one! I got it about 5 seconds after hitting send. I'll use the excuse that it's ****ing hot here today and my brain has given up in disgust 🙂
Move to Melbourne. Lovely jubbly!
And in the two posts I have made since getting back from training, I have forgotten to mention that you people post too much. Stay away from a.b for 6 hours, and come back to 80 posts. The other day, I found out that if you stay away from it for about 12 hours, you come back to 180 posts. Crazy!
-- TimC Conclusion to my thesis -- "It is trivial to show that it is clearly obvious that this is not woofly."