Dear Warrick of Rowville ...

Ah, there are roads, and roads.

I want to see tollways everywhere with cars on them. Leaving the roads
for the remaining civilised part of the human race.

Cars kill in many ways:

1. The occupants die of heart attacks through inactivity.
2. The pollution kills off people with lung conditions.
3. The pollution damages kids.
4. Burning the fuel gives global warming.
5. Don't forget, 5c from every litre of petrol goes to AlQueda.
6. The resources consumed deplete reserves - it is unsustainable.

etc etc etc

AndrewJ said:
Ah, there are roads, and roads.

I want to see tollways everywhere with cars on them. Leaving the roads
for the remaining civilised part of the human race.

Cars kill in many ways:

1. The occupants die of heart attacks through inactivity.
2. The pollution kills off people with lung conditions.
3. The pollution damages kids.
4. Burning the fuel gives global warming.
5. Don't forget, 5c from every litre of petrol goes to AlQueda.
6. The resources consumed deplete reserves - it is unsustainable.

etc etc etc
Holy cow.

Warrick from Rowville via Saudi Arabia is trying to get us completely reliant on vehicles to support the Middle East and public transport to...?

On 2006-02-09, Bleve <[email protected]> wrote:
> We, as regular,
> committed cyclists (who else rode in today in the storm?) snip at the
> fringes.

*raises hand*

I got in as it was starting to rain a bit. Just a light shower, of the
sort that is no deterrent at all to any halfway regular cyclist.
Wandered into the office, sat at the poota, rested for a half hour, and
the rain *really* started belting down.

Goretex, eh? Must look into that for the winter commute.

Stuart Lamble wrote:
> On 2006-02-09, Bleve <[email protected]> wrote:
> > We, as regular,
> > committed cyclists (who else rode in today in the storm?) snip at the
> > fringes.

> *raises hand*
>
> I got in as it was starting to rain a bit. Just a light shower, of the
> sort that is no deterrent at all to any halfway regular cyclist.
> Wandered into the office, sat at the poota, rested for a half hour, and
> the rain *really* started belting down.

I left Vermont at 9:45, arr Southbank ~10:40, just as the sun came out
:) Every time I go outside today, it rains. E3's tonight will be a
challenge....

> Goretex, eh? Must look into that for the winter commute.

I've got an old mountaineering goretex jacket I use in really foul wet
weather. It's ace :)

Bleve wrote:

> Stuart Lamble wrote:
> > On 2006-02-09, Bleve <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > We, as regular,
> > > committed cyclists (who else rode in today in the storm?) snip at the
> > > fringes.

> > *raises hand*
> >
> > I got in as it was starting to rain a bit. Just a light shower, of the
> > sort that is no deterrent at all to any halfway regular cyclist.
> > Wandered into the office, sat at the poota, rested for a half hour, and
> > the rain *really* started belting down.

> I left Vermont at 9:45, arr Southbank ~10:40, just as the sun came out
> :) Every time I go outside today, it rains. E3's tonight will be a
> challenge....
>
> > Goretex, eh? Must look into that for the winter commute.

> I've got an old mountaineering goretex jacket I use in really foul wet
> weather. It's ace :)

The good thing about Brisbane is that rain just helps you keep cool...

Tam

Anyone seen a response in todays edition? Sorry, mX is not really a NP
I go out of my way to get, prefer more highbrow online stuff like b3ta & ytmnd. :D