I have a Specialized Crossroads Elite and both a Cycleops Fluid2 and a Kurt Kinetic Road Machine. My wife has used the Cycleops one hour per day, five days per week for two years. I used the Cycleops occassionally before we bought the Kinetic, I have used the Kinetic one hour per day three to four days per week for one winter (and last night for the first time since spring). Both are very good. Theoretically, the Cycleops could leak, while the Kinetic should not, but both have a lifetime warranty.
I like the release mechanism better on the Cycleops, but it is really a non-issue for me. I usually ride my Specialized Roubaix Elite on the road and I only use the Crossroads on the trainer. I do ride the Crossroads on trails, and I agree that it is a good bike for that purpose, but most of my riding is on the road, and for that I much prefer the Roubaix.
The power curves for both trainers are slightly different. At speeds below 12.75 mph, the Kinetic has more resistance. The two curves cross over at about 12.75 mph, and above that speed, the Cycleops has more resistance. The difference, though, is not that great. To achieve 250 watts, you would have to go 19.75 MPH on the Kinetic, but only 17.25 mph on the Cycleops.
My son-in-law has the Travel Trac. I have found that it is more difficult to mount and dismount bikes (especially if you are mounting different bikes on the same trainer) than either the Cycleops or the Kinetic. Also, the power curve is much flatter for the Travel Trac. To achieve 250 watts on the Travel Trac, you must go 23.5 mph. Functionally, though, it works fine.