In message
<[email hidden]>, Norm
<[email hidden]> writes
Quoted message said:Zog The Undeniable <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:<40f02d9c.0@entanet>...
Quoted message said:So how is it done? My MTN1 rack had a hole in the load
platform, to which I attached a steel L-bracket for the
Cateye TL-AU100BS. The EX1 (which I need for the child
seat) has no platform, just a couple of rods welded
together at the back. No holes, no flat bits, no nothing.
The seatpin isn't an option because the light will be
obscured by the rack pack when it's fitted.
Any suggestions?
Pletscher (or was it ESGE?)
ESGE.
Quoted message said:used to make a really handy little thingamybob just for
this sort of problem. It was aluminium, had a C-shaped end
with a tapered screw at one end for gripping a stay on a
rack and screw holes at the other for fitting lights at
different orientations. Very small and neat.
Indeed, I've got a couple on bikes, though really best for
mounting lamps that fit with a bolt through the lamp
perpendicular to the bike.
Quoted message said:I'd love to find one myself, but not sure they're made
any more.
Dunno if they are made but I've seen them advertised - a
quick Google has this page:
<http://www.byercycles.co.uk/16.htm>
(scroll down past the Minoura Space grip) - no piccie
I'm afraid.
The one listed below might be useful as well, depending on
what it is, it sounds a bit like the bracket that came with
my Axa Optica rear lamp
- which has the standard European twin bolt fixing at 50mm
(or is it 80?)
Bolts around the back of the frame with P clips, and lamp
bolts to that
I'd guess Spa Cycles may well have some. and of course SJSC:
<http://www.sjscycles.com/store/vIndex.htm?cat127.htm>
They also have some other potential brackets.
and there is of course the good old 'Meccano' strip like
used to come with the EverReady nightrider lamps, not neat
looking, but effective.
--
Chris French, Leeds