rec.bicycles.marketplace · Public discussion

Anyone selling a road or track frame?

Started by Will Evans · · Last activity · 10 posts · 335 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.marketplace
Published
28 June 2005
Last activity
1 July 2005
Original author
Will Evans
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
335
Views / 30 days
4

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I just broke my frame and am looking for a 56-60cm, preferably a 58cm,
    track or road frame. Anyone selling?

  2. Will Evans said:

    I just broke my frame and am looking for a 56-60cm, preferably a 58cm,
    track or road frame. Anyone selling?

    This was posted here a couple of days ago, not mine nor do I have any
    affiliation:

    Quoted message said:

    Custom FrameSet - TIG'd 531 Steel. Powder-coat finish. ExCond. Ready
    to ride with your pedals. Accessories for conversion to Road/Track
    TimeTrial or Fixed-Gear Trainer. MJKALLAL(at)aol(dot)com. $475 Firm;
    Pkg Only; Buyor Ships

  3. Will Evans said:

    I just broke my frame and am looking for a 56-60cm, preferably a 58cm,
    track or road frame. Anyone selling?

    Surley, Soma, Gunnar, all new fixie frames for $400-$750...

  4. I'm looking for a commuter bike frame that has been used, one that I
    won't cry over when it gets scratched.

    Qui si parla Campagnolo said:


    Will Evans said:

    I just broke my frame and am looking for a 56-60cm, preferably a 58cm,
    track or road frame. Anyone selling?

    Surley, Soma, Gunnar, all new fixie frames for $400-$750...

  5. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden]
    says...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm looking for a commuter bike frame that has been used, one that I
    won't cry over when it gets scratched.

    I've got an early-80's Miyata 58cm lugged-steel frame, fork and BB I'll
    let go for $25 plus the cost of packing materials and shipping from
    Rhode Island. It started life as a 7-speed, but I had the rear triangle
    professionally spread and aligned to 9-speed width at my LBS. It has
    bosses for downtube friction shifters. I had it built up as my "race"
    bike until I fell into a better frame to transfer the components to. If
    you want, I'll also include the derailleurs and the right (rear)
    downtube shifter (I need the left) which came with it at no extra
    charge. They worked fine with the friction shifters on a 9-speed
    cassette, but if you want to go indexed they won't help you.

    The paint is worn and scratched in spots as you would expect from a 20-
    year-old bike, but there is no rust that I've seen, there are no dents,
    and the frame is straight and stable: it rides great no-handed. When I
    had it built up, it was 24 lbs, but I don't know what just the frame
    weighs. The BB is smooth, and is a square-taper style with threaded
    ends, so it uses nuts (included) rather than bolts.

    I don't have any pictures at the moment, but I can probably get some
    tonight if you're interested.

    --
    Remove the ns_ from if replying by e-mail (but keep posts in the
    newsgroups if possible).

  6. This is a GT board right? I can just wait til you get back to Atlanta.

    David Kerber said:

    In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden]
    says...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm looking for a commuter bike frame that has been used, one that I
    won't cry over when it gets scratched.

    I've got an early-80's Miyata 58cm lugged-steel frame, fork and BB I'll
    let go for $25 plus the cost of packing materials and shipping from
    Rhode Island. It started life as a 7-speed, but I had the rear triangle
    professionally spread and aligned to 9-speed width at my LBS. It has
    bosses for downtube friction shifters. I had it built up as my "race"
    bike until I fell into a better frame to transfer the components to. If
    you want, I'll also include the derailleurs and the right (rear)
    downtube shifter (I need the left) which came with it at no extra
    charge. They worked fine with the friction shifters on a 9-speed
    cassette, but if you want to go indexed they won't help you.

    The paint is worn and scratched in spots as you would expect from a 20-
    year-old bike, but there is no rust that I've seen, there are no dents,
    and the frame is straight and stable: it rides great no-handed. When I
    had it built up, it was 24 lbs, but I don't know what just the frame
    weighs. The BB is smooth, and is a square-taper style with threaded
    ends, so it uses nuts (included) rather than bolts.

    I don't have any pictures at the moment, but I can probably get some
    tonight if you're interested.

  7. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden]
    says...

    Quoted message said:

    This is a GT board right? I can just wait til you get back to Atlanta.

    GT? As in GA Tech? No, I saw your message and posted this reply on the
    international rec.bicycles.marketplace newsgroup. The only time I've
    been to Atlanta was when I was on the way to somewhere else <grin>.

    .....

    --
    Remove the ns_ from if replying by e-mail (but keep posts in the
    newsgroups if possible).

  8. Will Evans said:

    I just broke my frame and am looking for a 56-60cm, preferably a 58cm,
    track or road frame. Anyone selling?

    Will,

    I have a Cannondale CAAD 3 in excellent condition. It has new blue
    powder coat and no brand name decals. It's a 58cm and no scratches and
    just a small ding in the top tube. You'll get it cheap, too. I'll take
    $115 + cost to ship.

    Mark

  9. Mark T said:


    Will Evans said:

    I just broke my frame and am looking for a 56-60cm, preferably a 58cm,
    track or road frame. Anyone selling?

    Will,

    I have a Cannondale CAAD 3 in excellent condition. It has new blue
    powder coat and no brand name decals. It's a 58cm and no scratches and
    just a small ding in the top tube. You'll get it cheap, too. I'll take
    $115 + cost to ship.

    Mark


    http://www.vintage-trek.com/TrekBrochure1983Part2.htm

    I have an 83 trek 760 beautiful frame, nice shape 58 cm

    td

  10. I have a Robert Stowe steel frame, (very ugly pink day glow paint)that
    is about 57.5-58cm. Originally a very nice custom frame, lugless. 130mm
    rear spacing. I would take $100 including shipping from Portland,
    Oregon. I believe this frame sold for about $900 new. It's just another
    project I never got around to, if anybody wants it, I can send jpegs.

    Tom
    Portland, Oregon

    Will Evans said:

    I just broke my frame and am looking for a 56-60cm, preferably a 58cm,
    track or road frame. Anyone selling?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.