I work for a large association in IT. My department provides all the computer services necessary at
our many conferences held all over the world. Being the head honcho, I get to choose the locations I
want to travel to. I now choose places that offer good MTB locations close by and tack on a few
vacation days to romp around.
I will be heading off to the Big Island of Hawaii in February. Has anyone done MTBing there? I would
like to find an internediate level guided day tour with single track and mild DH. I have seen a tour
that shuttles to the top of Mauna Kea and then it's a very fast DH on cinder and pavement from
13,000 feet to 6,000 feet. While my heart is in DH, this does not present enough technical challenge
to excite me. Additionally, it's very cold and snowy up there in December. So, I'd rather stay below
the top and do some single tracking in the forests or by Volcano National Park.
Thanks in advance for the info!