Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Almost as long as an Icelandic saga..

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 6 posts · 390 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
21 July 2005
Last activity
22 July 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
390
Views / 30 days
4

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. ....I am missing those interminable Delta brake threads. Is it because
    the Japanese who always have much more money than the Americans have
    bought them all and do not bother with usenet? Does Jobst speak
    Japanese?

  2. Quoted message said:

    ...I am missing those interminable Delta brake threads. Is it because
    the Japanese who always have much more money than the Americans have
    bought them all and do not bother with usenet? Does Jobst speak
    Japanese?

    I'll start one again. have Deltas on my Merckx and geee, they do stop
    me.

    Look good too...

  3. Qui si parla Campagnolo said:
    Quoted message said:

    ...I am missing those interminable Delta brake threads. Is it because
    the Japanese who always have much more money than the Americans have
    bought them all and do not bother with usenet? Does Jobst speak
    Japanese?

    I'll start one again. have Deltas on my Merckx and geee, they do stop
    me.

    Look good too...


    Well if Jobst isn`t about I too will admit to owning some, don`t have
    a license for them either. They are Century finish but not for long,
    the anodisers are to make them dark green like all the other parts I
    own.
    I weigh 160lb`s and they seem to stop me fine. [censored] to set up
    though.
    I do believe Japan will sink under the weight of imported Italian
    alloy. My compatriots are turning out their sheds to ebay the stuff.

  4. Quoted message said:


    I do believe Japan will sink under the weight of imported Italian
    alloy. My compatriots are turning out their sheds to ebay the stuff.

    There's no accounting for taste, is there? I understand the Japanese
    eat slimy rotten soybeans, too.

    http://www.thejapanesepage.com/natto.htm

    At least the rotten soybeans are supposed to be good for them.

    Chalo Colina

  5. Chalo said:
    Quoted message said:


    I do believe Japan will sink under the weight of imported Italian
    alloy. My compatriots are turning out their sheds to ebay the stuff.

    There's no accounting for taste, is there? I understand the Japanese
    eat slimy rotten soybeans, too.

    http://www.thejapanesepage.com/natto.htm

    At least the rotten soybeans are supposed to be good for them.

    I'm told that natto is best eaten when one has a serious case of sinus
    congestion. If you can smell the bergamot in Earl Grey tea, your
    sinuses are too clear to eat natto.

    (One of the people I know who sells Japanese snack foods at anime
    conventions made the mistake of picking up a case of natto once. He
    put it out for sale, and damned if somebody didn't buy one, open it,
    and stink up the whole area. It was *politely* suggested by a number
    of the other dealers that he really should reserve that stuff for
    outdoor venues. It was *less* politely suggested by the hotel and the
    convention staff that he should hide it somewhere very, very safe, and
    not admit that he had any of it for the rest of the weekend.)

    Some brands of sardines and some types of cheese are nearly as bad,
    though.
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
    Some gardening required to reply via email.
    Words processed in a facility that contains nuts.


  6. Quoted message said:

    I'm told that natto is best eaten when one has a serious case of sinus
    congestion. If you can smell the bergamot in Earl Grey tea, your
    sinuses are too clear to eat natto.


    Jesuis, that link should be censored. Nearly put me off my steak
    pie.
    I can imagine some fellow from the house of Nippon chewing on this
    stuff while he puts sniping bids in for yet another pair of Delta
    calipers. Cursing in his language that one of you rbt Americans has
    already placed a larger bid.
    When I visit Italy next month I will view the Japanese tourists in
    a whole new light, wife patted on the head and told to shop, hubby off
    to hunt down Campag NOS items from sleepy bike shops.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.