"Jiyang Chen" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Do they have to remind us every single day that Lance doesn't have to
chase down Jacob Piil because he has no effect on the overall standings,
which is also known as the General Classifications, and that
relinquishing the yellow jersey is definitely not a sign of weakness
from LA.
Bob: "The uh... rider that is uh... on the left... uhh..in ... the back
there ....ummm...hmm...wearing the Ge.. German national cha..cham..
championship jersey is Matthias Kessler"
I guess there's a silver lining. I mean, when I close my eyes and hear Al
Trouthead's voice, I shudder 'cuz I flash back to the days of ESPN and
Adrian Karsten. But the silver lining ... I live in the deep south and in
our newspaper yesterday, the columnist who normally can't find anything to
write about except NASCAR writes about how he's become hooked on the Tour de
France thanks to the "fantastic OLN coverage." Of course, that's how he
opened the column. He quickly transitioned to talking about that Russian
chick who just won Wimbledon ... and he wasn't talking about her tennis
game.
Anyway ... something good might come from getting an influencial,
opinion-leader NASCAR bubba hooked on cycling. It's just a terrible shame
for those of us that know the sport that Al Trauthead is the price we have
to pay.
Bob C.