Road Cycling · Public discussion

zabriskie has a lot on his mind

Started by gym.gravity · · Last activity · 6 posts · 489 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
9 November 2005
Last activity
11 November 2005
Original author
gym.gravity
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
489
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. from http://www.davezabriskie.com/pages/1/index.htm

    11/08/2005

    Here is a little bit of what's been going on.

    I had to miss World's due to my hand injury. It is doing much better
    now, I can at least type again and ride a bike. I got married on
    October 22. Getting married was a lot of fun, I have been looking
    forward to getting married for many years. Then I went to San
    Francisco. While I was there I did one of my favorite rides in
    Berkeley, the locals call it fruit-stand. I know some of you have seen
    a story being circulated around about me getting two flats and getting
    help from a dude named Bill. It's all true, thanks again for your help
    Bill and Sharp bicycle for the extra tubes to get home. I also bought
    a house and am doing a lot of fixing up with the help of
    www.4x4kit.com.

    I can't help looking at a few bike mags either in my spare time. I'm
    in a few of them nowadays. Like the British mag "Le Tour 05, cycling
    plus" where there is an exclusive Sean Yates diary. I found Sean's
    entry on the TTT very entertaining. In his last paragraph he goes for
    the Starbucks cup of coffee wisdom. "The way I see it, Zabriskie was
    lucky to have the jersey in the first place. When he rode in the
    opening stage Time Trial, the conditions were much better than when
    Lance went." Now I don't know if that little tidbit will ever end up
    on the side of a cup of the ole bucks. But I agree with you Sean, I am
    the luckiest man alive, and lucky to beat Lance in the TT at Tour de
    Georgia and the prolog at Paris Nice, lucky lucky lucky!!!

    Then there was Pro Cycling's September issue. Life after Lance, by
    Jeremy Whittle. At the end of the article there is a page titled The
    Other Americans. I got a piece of the page down in the corner. It
    says I was "offloaded to CSC;" actually, I chose to leave and I stand
    by my decision. I found the last paragrahp particularly interesting:
    "Why he might fail to win. He's been labelled a poor bike handler by
    some, too eccentric by others and something of a loner too. But then
    so was Charly Gaul... There's little doubt about his time trialling
    skills, but would his nerve hold??" I had one crash in the season of
    2005 out of more than 80 races, the thing was the whole world was
    witness to it, but I don't mind adding a bit of drama to a race that
    big. And as far as being a loner. I'm sure most people would agree
    that a loner doesn't go up to people in a bike race and conduct
    interviews.

    By the way I also might fail to win because I'll be working for my team
    leader Ivan Basso, and that is fine with me! So there you go. But
    wait, one more thank you to the radio station X96 for arranging a hot
    air balloon ride on Dave Zabriskie day. Ok that's all for now.

    -Dave Z.

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Tom Kunich said:

    If one's thing is certain it's that Zabriske will at least be labeled a
    doper by Lafferty for winning anything.

    I'm not sure which is the more unhealthy obsession, Lafferty's with doping,
    or yours with Lafferty.

    Just sayin'.

    --
    tanx,
    Howard

    The sheriff is near...

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  3. If one's thing is certain it's that Zabriske will at least be labeled a
    doper by Lafferty for winning anything.

  4. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    If one's thing is certain it's that Zabriske will at least be labeled a
    doper by Lafferty for winning anything.

    I'm not sure which is the more unhealthy obsession, Lafferty's with


    doping,

    Quoted message said:

    or yours with Lafferty.

    If you are American and have won a race then Brian LaFarty pretty much
    declares you a doper.

  5. "routebeer" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    If one's thing is certain it's that Zabriske will at least be labeled a
    doper by Lafferty for winning anything.

    I'm not sure which is the more unhealthy obsession, Lafferty's with


    doping,

    Quoted message said:

    or yours with Lafferty.

    If you are American and have won a race then Brian LaFarty pretty much
    declares you a doper.

    Hell, if you can ride on the same course as a pro Brian declares you a
    doper.

  6. gym.gravity said:

    from http://www.davezabriskie.com/pages/1/index.htm


    I found the last paragrahp particularly interesting:

    Quoted message said:


    DaveZ could use a copy editor. It's really embarassing, too, because
    those media types are gonna quote him with that little [sic] thing when
    they respond to him. [sic] is like mad bonus points when you're trading
    text insults.

    -Cosmo
    http://cyclocosm.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.