Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Your fastest speed on a Mountain bike!!!

Started by jaguar75 · · Last activity · 9 posts · 2,546 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
10 May 2005
Last activity
28 May 2005
Original author
jaguar75
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,546
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am curious...the other day I was riding on the road on my MTB and I came to a stop before crossing the street. The next street over was a long straight-a-way and From a dead stop and with no downslopes I got to 27.5 MPH. What kind of speeds are you folks getting with no assistance from gravity or any other means...just straight muscle power?

    I just wanted to see if this was a decent speed. 🙂

  2. I have no speedo on my mtn bike!

  3. A few years back I made over 50 km/h going down thru an underpass.

  4. 32mph flatland sprint. 47.5 mph downhill (both hardtail)

  5. jaguar75 said:

    I am curious...the other day I was riding on the road on my MTB and I came to a stop before crossing the street. The next street over was a long straight-a-way and From a dead stop and with no downslopes I got to 27.5 MPH. What kind of speeds are you folks getting with no assistance from gravity or any other means...just straight muscle power?

    I just wanted to see if this was a decent speed. 🙂


    Under my own power: not all that fast - 40-45k (25-28mph) I'd say.
    On a paved downhill: 70-80k (44-50mph), somewhere around there.
    Off road: 60k or so on a 1 foot wide, rocky, twisty track in gippsland. That was fun 🙂.

  6. On the flats with a dual-suspension, around 30-32 mph. In a XC race with friends several years ago, again on a dual-suspension I topped 57.5 mph going on a one-mile long downhill. Just don't ask me about my road bike speed. My wife doesn't even want to know. She had a hard enough time watching me during that race with the fast downhill.

  7. jaguar75 said:

    I am curious...the other day I was riding on the road on my MTB and I came to a stop before crossing the street. The next street over was a long straight-a-way and From a dead stop and with no downslopes I got to 27.5 MPH. What kind of speeds are you folks getting with no assistance from gravity or any other means...just straight muscle power?

    I just wanted to see if this was a decent speed. 🙂

    35 mph on flat tarmac with no wind and off-road (tioga psycho II) tyres.

    51 mph downhill tarmac same tyres.

  8. Going down on an asphalt road I made 98.1kmh, that's the fastest regularly I go down on that path at about 80-88kmh. It's about 600m long and it takes me about 5 minutes to go up, it's quite steep, a cyclist may go up in 3-3.5min or less.

  9. 30 flat and 60 downhill sprinting the whole way....on a hardtail *cheap hardtail too might i add...*

    ~Scott

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.