I went out for my 1st "hard ride" of the year Wednesday lunchtime to do some
intense efforts up the back of Portsdown Hill. Just as I reached the bottom
to have my first go, another roadie went up the other way with lights,
panniers, big winter jacket etc. So I turned round thinking "ha, easy prey",
& went after him. After about a minute of climbing I had almost reeled him
in. Then he turned round, saw me, stood up and well. ... er... just rode
away from me really. It was all very demoralising. If you read this and
think "Ah that was me!" Well, I hate you and I hope you get lots of
punctures this year:-)
Russell
"Simon Mason" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
"mb" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
You can get up to 25km/h into the force 5.
You've targetted a cyclist in the distance and you're catching him.
He's a serious looking chap on a campy equipped racer.
You've done it on your Raleigh Record Sprint winter bike, complete with
mudguards, lights, etc.
That's what annoys me - my clubmates who turn up on any old iron with down
shifters and mudguards with old drinks bottles at the bottom. I'm on a new
Trek 1400 that I use as a winter bike and I still get a kicking. Still
these
Quoted message said:guys are Cat 1 racers, so what do I expect!
--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net