Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Works well who said it didn't

Started by crazy6r54 · · Last activity · 12 posts · 767 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
16 February 2004
Last activity
20 February 2004
Original author
crazy6r54
Posts
12
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
767
Views / 30 days
15

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–12 of 12
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. In December I put a SRAM X.9 rear derailleur and SRAM Halfpipe 9 speed shifter on one of my bikes.
    Till now everything works just fine that I just got the same combo for one of my other rigs. The
    only thing that was hard to get use to was the shifting is backwards and it took a long time to fine
    tune it in. More time then it ever takes me and I have 4 SRAM setups. Well when my last 2 SHIMANO
    rear derailleurs and one in the parts box go I'll be a full SRAM man. You ever hear of human error
    like not checking and making sure set screws are tight and grips are secure.

    I MTB 2004

  2. Quoted message said:

    In December I put a SRAM X.9 rear derailleur and SRAM Halfpipe 9 speed shifter on
    one of my bikes. Till now everything works just fine that I just got the same
    combo for one of my other rigs. The only thing that was hard to get use to was
    the shifting is backwards and it took a long time to fine tune it in. More time
    then it ever takes me and I have 4 SRAM setups. Well when my last 2 SHIMANO rear
    derailleurs and one in the parts box go I'll be a full SRAM man. You ever hear of
    human error like not checking and making sure set screws are tight and grips are
    secure.

    I MTB 2004

    Eehh? Why don't you wait till you're straight and post that again. Maybe somebody will make sense of
    it then. BTW if you're looking for who said it didn't it was probably me, 'cause I never said that.

    --
    Perre

    You have to be smarter than a robot to reply.

  3. That makes sense to me.

    MTB Ride hard die free.

  4. "Fred Hinkson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    That makes sense to me.

    MTB Ride hard die free.

    But you wrote it didn't you?

  5. [email hidden] wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    In December I put a SRAM X.9 rear derailleur and SRAM Halfpipe 9 speed shifter on one of my bikes.
    Till now everything works just fine that I just got the same combo for one of my other rigs. The
    only thing that was hard to get use to was the shifting is backwards and it took a long time to
    fine tune it in. More time then it ever takes me and I have 4 SRAM setups. Well when my last 2
    SHIMANO rear derailleurs and one in the parts box go I'll be a full SRAM man. You ever hear of
    human error like not checking and making sure set screws are tight and grips are secure.

    You wouldn't happen to be related to a g. daniels, now would you?
    --
    Jonesy

  6. Jonesy said:

    [email hidden] wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    In December I put a SRAM X.9 rear derailleur and SRAM Halfpipe 9 speed shifter on one of my
    bikes. Till now everything works just fine that I just got the same combo for one of my other
    rigs. The only thing that was hard to get use to was the shifting is backwards and it took a long
    time to fine tune it in. More time then it ever takes me and I have 4 SRAM setups. Well when my
    last 2 SHIMANO rear derailleurs and one in the parts box go I'll be a full SRAM man. You ever
    hear of human error like not checking and making sure set screws are tight and grips are secure.

    You wouldn't happen to be related to a g. daniels, now would you?

    Naaah. Too many caps for g daniels. He was just stoned.

    --
    Perre

    You have to be smarter than a robot to reply.

  7. [email hidden] wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    In December I put a SRAM X.9 rear derailleur and SRAM Halfpipe 9 speed shifter on one of my bikes.
    Till now everything works just fine that I just got the same combo for one of my other rigs. The
    only thing that was hard to get use to was the shifting is backwards and it took a long time to
    fine tune it in. More time then it ever takes me and I have 4 SRAM setups. Well when my last 2
    SHIMANO rear derailleurs and one in the parts box go I'll be a full SRAM man. You ever hear of
    human error like not checking and making sure set screws are tight and grips are secure.

    I MTB 2004

    I've gone almost all SRAM on my Schwinn geared bike, and love it. (front derr's all that's left)
    Move over Shimano, there's a good kid in town...

    paladin

  8. Paladin go to www.Icycles..com SRAM front derailleurs are so cheap you shouldn't wait. SRAM
    5.0,7.0,and 9.0 are all there and could be in you hand in just 3 days. They are so easy to install
    and tune. And they don't mess with the paint job.

    I MTB 2004

  9. By the way derailleur and shifters came yesterday. Allready installed and tuned in

    I MTB 2004

  10. [email hidden] wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Paladin go to www.Icycles..com SRAM front derailleurs are so cheap you shouldn't wait. SRAM
    5.0,7.0,and 9.0 are all there and could be in you hand in just 3 days. They are so easy to install
    and tune. And they don't mess with the paint job.

    I MTB 2004

    Thanks, I'll take a look. My xt front derr never worked right. Which is why I learned to climb in
    the middle ring all the time.

    paladin

  11. Paladin said:

    Thanks, I'll take a look. My xt front derr never worked right. Which is why I learned to climb in
    the middle ring all the time.

    Me too. Then when I was changing frames I found that the wires from one of the cable outers had
    pulled through the ferrule. Replaced the piece of cable and, Robert's your father's brother,
    shifting worked again.

    --
    a.m-b FAQ: j-harris.netambfaq.htm

    b.bmx FAQ: t-online.debmx faq.htm

  12. Quoted message said:

    In December I put a SRAM X.9 rear derailleur and SRAM Halfpipe 9 speed shifter on
    one of my bikes. Till now everything works just fine that I just got the same
    combo for one of my other rigs. The only thing that was hard to get use to was
    the shifting is backwards and it took a long time to fine tune it in. More time
    then it ever takes me and I have 4 SRAM setups. Well when my last 2 SHIMANO rear
    derailleurs and one in the parts box go I'll be a full SRAM man. You ever hear of
    human error like not checking and making sure set screws are tight and grips are
    secure.

    I MTB 2004

    uh...OK....

    Gman "Huh???"

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.