General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Word to Ranger (Tortilla Roll-ups)

Started by Damsel in dis Dress · · Last activity · 14 posts · 283 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
7 February 2005
Last activity
18 February 2005
Original author
Damsel in dis Dress
Posts
14
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
283
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–14 of 14
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Remember, I've never known anyone (myself included) who didn't eat these
    until they were sick the first time they tried them. Proceed with caution.

    * Exported from MasterCook *

    Tortilla Roll-Ups

    Recipe By 😄amsel in dis Dress
    Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:30
    Categories : appetizers

    Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    6 ounces sour cream
    4 ounces mild green chilies
    3 ounces cream cheese -- softened
    1/4 cup olives (black or green) -- chopped
    2 cups cheddar cheese -- shredded
    garlic powder -- to taste
    tabasco sauce -- to taste

    Combine all ingredients.
    Spread mixture on 2/3 of flour tortilla (8-inch).
    Roll up , working toward the plain 1/3 of the tortilla.
    Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
    Slice into approximately 3/4" slices.

    Cuisine:
    "Mexican"

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Per serving: 1574 Calories (kcal); 140g Total Fat; (79% calories from fat);
    68g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 407mg Cholesterol; 1749mg Sodium
    Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 9 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 22 1/2
    Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates

    Serving Ideas : Serve with salsa.

    --
    "Years ago my mother used to say to me... She'd say,
    'In this world Elwood, you must be oh-so smart or oh-so pleasant.'
    Well, for years I was smart.... I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

    *James Stewart* in the 1950 movie, _Harvey_

  2. Damsel in dis Dress said:

    Remember, I've never known anyone (myself included) who didn't eat


    these

    Quoted message said:

    until they were sick the first time they tried them. Proceed with


    caution.

    Quoted message said:

    [snip recipe]

    What, no refried beans?

    -aem

  3. aem said:
    Damsel in dis Dress said:

    Remember, I've never known anyone (myself included) who didn't eat


    these

    Quoted message said:

    until they were sick the first time they tried them. Proceed with


    caution.

    Quoted message said:

    [snip recipe]

    What, no refried beans?

    Go for it!

    Carol
    --
    "Years ago my mother used to say to me... She'd say,
    'In this world Elwood, you must be oh-so smart or oh-so pleasant.'
    Well, for years I was smart.... I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

    *James Stewart* in the 1950 movie, _Harvey_

  4. we can only cook Tortilla Roll -ups in Cuisine Mexican? or you have
    another way to cook Tortilla Roll-ups

  5. we can only cook Tortilla Roll -ups in Cuisine Mexican? or you have
    another way to cook Tortilla Roll-ups

  6. we can only cook Tortilla Roll -ups in Cuisine Mexican? or you have
    another way to cook Tortilla Roll-ups?

  7. we can only cook Tortilla Roll -ups in Cuisine Mexican? or you have
    another way to cook Tortilla Roll-ups?

  8. Quoted message said:

    we can only cook Tortilla Roll -ups in Cuisine Mexican? or you have
    another way to cook Tortilla Roll-ups

    Yep, substitute lavosh and use a variety of Middle Eastern items and spices.

    Any flat bread could be used. Any ingredients.

    jim

  9. "JimLane" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    we can only cook Tortilla Roll -ups in Cuisine Mexican? or you have
    another way to cook Tortilla Roll-ups

    Yep, substitute lavosh and use a variety of Middle Eastern items and


    spices.

    Quoted message said:


    Any flat bread could be used. Any ingredients.

    jim

    Dear Jim. I can't decide whether to kill file this person or just watch for
    some entertainment! BTW, if you use pita bread you must cut it in half
    before rolling it up. ;-) Well, I suppose one could fill a whole pita with
    Alfredo sauce and zucchini and not roll it up. Saves a step, eh? Zucchini
    Alfredo is so good! Bwahaaaa!

    Charlie

  10. "aem" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Damsel in dis Dress said:

    Remember, I've never known anyone (myself included) who didn't eat


    these

    Quoted message said:

    until they were sick the first time they tried them. Proceed with


    caution.

    Quoted message said:

    [snip recipe]

    What, no refried beans?

    -aem

    <giggle> I was FORCED to eat these once. They were pretty good actually. The
    tortillas really, really have to be fresh though. The mixture is also good
    on Finnish rye crackers! Now, about the frijoles...................

    Charlie

  11. Charles Gifford said:

    "JimLane" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    we can only cook Tortilla Roll -ups in Cuisine Mexican? or you have
    another way to cook Tortilla Roll-ups

    Yep, substitute lavosh and use a variety of Middle Eastern items and

    spices.

    Quoted message said:

    Any flat bread could be used. Any ingredients.

    jim

    Dear Jim. I can't decide whether to kill file this person or just watch for
    some entertainment! BTW, if you use pita bread you must cut it in half
    before rolling it up. ;-) Well, I suppose one could fill a whole pita with
    Alfredo sauce and zucchini and not roll it up. Saves a step, eh? Zucchini
    Alfredo is so good! Bwahaaaa!

    Charlie

    If you cut the pita in half, just stuff the pocket. Used to be a Middle
    Eastern place on Fifth that did that years ago, before all these
    roll-ups and so on began appearing. Guess he was 10-15 years ahead of
    his time.

    jim

  12. Thanks for the recipe. I made them with low carb tortillas and they
    came out great. Help I need a really easy recipe. My family is coming
    over for dinner. Caution I have never really cooked for a group
    before.

    Kerry

  13. "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Remember, I've never known anyone (myself included) who didn't eat these
    until they were sick the first time they tried them. Proceed with
    caution.

    * Exported from MasterCook *

    Tortilla Roll-Ups

    Recipe By 😄amsel in dis Dress
    Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:30
    Categories : appetizers

    Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    6 ounces sour cream
    4 ounces mild green chilies
    3 ounces cream cheese -- softened
    1/4 cup olives (black or green) -- chopped
    2 cups cheddar cheese -- shredded
    garlic powder -- to taste
    tabasco sauce -- to taste

    Combine all ingredients.
    Spread mixture on 2/3 of flour tortilla (8-inch).
    Roll up , working toward the plain 1/3 of the tortilla.
    Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
    Slice into approximately 3/4" slices.

    Cuisine:
    "Mexican"

    <<snip all the health stuff>>

    Where's the beef?!?!?!? Ok. I'll be making these this weekend. This looks
    a lot like a recipe someone at work makes using that puff pastry (name
    eludes me ATM) stuff.

    I'll be adding some taco flavored ground meat to it, skipping the tabasco
    sauce since I don't like the vinegar taste, and adding a bunch of cayenne to
    it. Oh. Instead of mild green chilies, I'll use some hot Hatch green
    Chiles my MIL sent us.

    I'll be making a dental appointment for Monday. To have my teeth
    re-enameled. The stuff she sent is *H*O*T*! Makes for damn good food
    though...

    Bret
    <Getting ready to spit fire>

    ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
    http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
    ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

  14. Maverick' said:
    Quoted message said:

    Tortilla Roll-Ups

    Recipe By 😄amsel in dis Dress

    I'll be adding some taco flavored ground meat to it, skipping the tabasco
    sauce since I don't like the vinegar taste, and adding a bunch of cayenne to
    it. Oh. Instead of mild green chilies, I'll use some hot Hatch green
    Chiles my MIL sent us.

    LOL!! At least you'll still be using sour cream, cream cheese, and
    tortillas. ROFL

    Carol
    --
    "Years ago my mother used to say to me... She'd say,
    'In this world Elwood, you must be oh-so smart or oh-so pleasant.'
    Well, for years I was smart.... I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

    *James Stewart* in the 1950 movie, _Harvey_

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.