General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

WNM week 2 - Prairie Roots

Started by Prairie Roots · · Last activity · 16 posts · 538 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
10 April 2004
Last activity
15 April 2004
Original author
Prairie Roots
Posts
16
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
538
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–16 of 16
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My current weight: 153.6lbs
    Weight change since my last recorded weight: +.6 lbs
    Total weight change to date: -78.4 lbs

    Not such a great week, program-wise. My remodeling project
    is starting to get the best of me. With the work I'm doing
    every evening, the dust and grime everywhere, the distance
    to my one water source (in the basement), and the total
    aggravation involved with food preparation, I found myself
    giving in to eating whatever was convenient and handy
    towards the week's end. Not so bad in itself, but I didn't
    count, measure, or weigh. In addition, I've not been getting
    enough sleep, which always lessens my ability to make good
    decisions.

    Still, I rode my bike several evenings this week. And worked
    on house projects last weekend and most evenings as well.
    The tile for the bathroom walls is late, but the kitchen
    cabinets are ready a week early. So while progress on the
    bathroom is stalled for a bit, work will proceed in the
    kitchen. I'm hopeful that all the contracted work will be
    done on schedule by the end of the month. Today I'll
    continue to strip paint and rip out plaster and lathe in one
    of the bedrooms where I've removed a closet.

    Tomorrow I'll be going out to Easter brunch with my mother.
    I'm not terribly concerned about making good choices. Even
    if I overindulge, I know what to do the rest of the week.
    Special occasions don't throw me into a tizzy anymore.

    It's been a while--Feb. 7--since I last measured myself.
    That's always a good thing for me to do when the weight loss
    slows or reverses. In the last 2 months, I've decreased
    8.75" in size, since Christmas 12", and since starting WW in
    Feb. '03, 71" overall . No wonder the clothes that I bought
    a bit snug just after Christmas are baggy now!

    It's the best day of my life!
    --
    Linda P
    week 59: 232/153.6/WW goal 145
    WNM week 2: 155.6/153.6/145
    next mini-goals: 152 (80 lbs lost); 150 (5 lbs to WW goal)
    started WW 22-Feb-2003 | 10% target: 1-May-2003
    5'4" | 50 | F

    [email hidden]

  2. In my meeting we had a young lady that felt like this. However she said she
    was moving and did not have time to cook and ended up with fast food. Well
    here is an idea:

    Subway is fast food and very good--- 6" Ham for 5 points
    Taco Bell "Fresco Style" is fast food--- 2 Chicken Soft
    Tacos Fresco Style ot 2 Beef Hard Shell Tacos Fresco Style
    for 6 Points Rice Krispy Treat Snack is great--- 2 points
    each Carnation Instant Breakfast---- 1 Can for 5 points
    (Great breakfast)

    I know how you feel and it can be hard. You are doing so
    well and offer so much to everybody else here. I see your
    post all the time and you have no idea how much that helps
    others. Keep it up and keep it well. Hell, I know you can do
    it. If I can anybody can.... :o)

    Charlie "Prairie Roots" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    My current weight: 153.6lbs Weight change since my last
    recorded weight: +.6 lbs Total weight change to date: -
    78.4 lbs

    Not such a great week, program-wise. My remodeling project
    is starting to get the best of me. With the work I'm doing
    every evening, the dust and grime everywhere, the distance
    to my one water source (in the basement), and the total
    aggravation involved with food preparation, I found myself
    giving in to eating whatever was convenient and handy
    towards the week's end. Not so bad in itself, but I didn't
    count, measure, or weigh. In addition, I've not been
    getting enough sleep, which always lessens my ability to
    make good decisions.

    Still, I rode my bike several evenings this week. And
    worked on house projects last weekend and most evenings as
    well. The tile for the bathroom walls is late, but the
    kitchen cabinets are ready a week early. So while progress
    on the bathroom is stalled for a bit, work will proceed in
    the kitchen. I'm hopeful that all the contracted work will
    be done on schedule by the end of the month. Today I'll
    continue to strip paint and rip out plaster and lathe in
    one of the bedrooms where I've removed a closet.

    Tomorrow I'll be going out to Easter brunch with my
    mother. I'm not terribly concerned about making good
    choices. Even if I overindulge, I know what to do the rest
    of the week. Special occasions don't throw me into a tizzy
    anymore.

    It's been a while--Feb. 7--since I last measured myself.
    That's always a good thing for me to do when the weight
    loss slows or reverses. In the last 2 months, I've
    decreased 8.75" in size, since Christmas 12", and since
    starting WW in Feb. '03, 71" overall . No wonder the
    clothes that I bought a bit snug just after Christmas are
    baggy now!

    It's the best day of my life!
    --
    Linda P week 59: 232/153.6/WW goal 145 WNM week 2:
    155.6/153.6/145 next mini-goals: 152 (80 lbs lost); 150 (5
    lbs to WW goal) started WW 22-Feb-2003 | 10% target: 1-May-
    2003 5'4" | 50 | F

    [email hidden]

  3. Thanks Charlie. I'm not giving up. No way. Just feeling the
    exhaustion. At this very moment, I'm feeling the frustration
    too of following the directions for assembling a couple of
    sawhorse/workbenches so I can set up a paint stripping area
    in my basement. Agonized over the parts and directions on
    one for over an hour until I finally concluded that one of
    the parts included is the wrong size. Opened the box for the
    2nd bench and sure enough, the part in question is smaller.
    Used the part from the 2nd box, but now I have to make an
    extra trip back to Menard's. ARGH! All that thinking makes
    my stomach churn, which I then interpret as hunger, which
    then sends me hunting for pretzels or Miss Meringues. Maybe
    I should find the end of a pencil to chew on instead!

    Except for the last couple of days, I've been doing OK with
    the food. Even then, my food's been OK but I haven't been
    sticking to MY program, which is to weigh or measure and
    journal everything I eat. This is the part that's been a bit
    lax. You've offered some excellent low-point suggestions.
    Subway is indeed one of my lifesavers. Smart Ones and Lean
    Cuisine are holding up my safety net too.
    --
    Linda P
    232/153.6/WW goal 145
    joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

    Charlie said:

    In my meeting we had a young lady that felt like this. However she said she
    was moving and did not have time to cook and ended up with fast food. Well
    here is an idea:

    Subway is fast food and very good--- 6" Ham for 5 points
    Taco Bell "Fresco Style" is fast food--- 2 Chicken Soft Tacos Fresco Style
    ot 2 Beef Hard Shell Tacos Fresco Style for 6 Points
    Rice Krispy Treat Snack is great--- 2 points each
    Carnation Instant Breakfast---- 1 Can for 5 points (Great breakfast)

    I know how you feel and it can be hard. You are doing so well and offer so
    much to everybody else here. I see your post all the time and you have no
    idea how much that helps others. Keep it up and keep it well. Hell, I know
    you can do it. If I can anybody can.... :o)

    Charlie
    "Prairie Roots" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    My current weight: 153.6lbs
    Weight change since my last recorded weight: +.6 lbs
    Total weight change to date: -78.4 lbs

    Not such a great week, program-wise. My remodeling project is starting
    to get the best of me. With the work I'm doing every evening, the dust
    and grime everywhere, the distance to my one water source (in the
    basement), and the total aggravation involved with food preparation, I
    found myself giving in to eating whatever was convenient and handy
    towards the week's end. Not so bad in itself, but I didn't count,
    measure, or weigh. In addition, I've not been getting enough sleep,
    which always lessens my ability to make good decisions.

    Still, I rode my bike several evenings this week. And worked on house
    projects last weekend and most evenings as well. The tile for the
    bathroom walls is late, but the kitchen cabinets are ready a week
    early. So while progress on the bathroom is stalled for a bit, work
    will proceed in the kitchen. I'm hopeful that all the contracted work
    will be done on schedule by the end of the month. Today I'll continue
    to strip paint and rip out plaster and lathe in one of the bedrooms
    where I've removed a closet.

    Tomorrow I'll be going out to Easter brunch with my mother. I'm not
    terribly concerned about making good choices. Even if I overindulge, I
    know what to do the rest of the week. Special occasions don't throw me
    into a tizzy anymore.

    It's been a while--Feb. 7--since I last measured myself. That's always
    a good thing for me to do when the weight loss slows or reverses. In
    the last 2 months, I've decreased 8.75" in size, since Christmas 12",
    and since starting WW in Feb. '03, 71" overall . No wonder the clothes
    that I bought a bit snug just after Christmas are baggy now!

    It's the best day of my life!
    --
    Linda P
    week 59: 232/153.6/WW goal 145
    WNM week 2: 155.6/153.6/145
    next mini-goals: 152 (80 lbs lost); 150 (5 lbs to WW goal)
    started WW 22-Feb-2003 | 10% target: 1-May-2003
    5'4" | 50 | F

    [email hidden]


  4. An up on the scale when you know why isn't as bad as when
    you have no clue as to why. You have done great so far, you
    know what you need to
    do. Can you fill up some bottles with water to make it
    easier to get to. Maybe some healthy quick to go snacks
    like fruit, prewashed and sliced in a sealed bowl,
    Yogurts so that when you need convienience food it is
    ready and healthy. Good luck with the renovations
    Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland

    WW WI 69.8 / 60.2 / 61kg 134 lbs

    Prairie Roots said:

    My current weight: 153.6lbs Weight change since my last
    recorded weight: +.6 lbs Total weight change to date:
    -78.4 lbs

    Not such a great week, program-wise. My remodeling project
    is starting to get the best of me. With the work I'm doing
    every evening, the dust and grime everywhere, the distance
    to my one water source (in the basement), and the total
    aggravation involved with food preparation, I found myself
    giving in to eating whatever was convenient and handy
    towards the week's end. Not so bad in itself, but I didn't
    count, measure, or weigh. In addition, I've not been
    getting enough sleep, which always lessens my ability to
    make good decisions.

    Still, I rode my bike several evenings this week. And
    worked on house projects last weekend and most evenings as
    well. The tile for the bathroom walls is late, but the
    kitchen cabinets are ready a week early. So while progress
    on the bathroom is stalled for a bit, work will proceed in
    the kitchen. I'm hopeful that all the contracted work will
    be done on schedule by the end of the month. Today I'll
    continue to strip paint and rip out plaster and lathe in
    one of the bedrooms where I've removed a closet.

    Tomorrow I'll be going out to Easter brunch with my mother.
    I'm not terribly concerned about making good choices. Even
    if I overindulge, I know what to do the rest of the week.
    Special occasions don't throw me into a tizzy anymore.

    It's been a while--Feb. 7--since I last measured myself.
    That's always a good thing for me to do when the weight
    loss slows or reverses. In the last 2 months, I've
    decreased 8.75" in size, since Christmas 12", and since
    starting WW in Feb. '03, 71" overall . No wonder the
    clothes that I bought a bit snug just after Christmas are
    baggy now!

    It's the best day of my life!

  5. Great...
    Hope you have success with those saw horses...
    That is enough to make you go crazy... :o)

    Good Luck with the paint project.

    Charlie

    "Prairie Roots" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks Charlie. I'm not giving up. No way. Just feeling
    the exhaustion. At this very moment, I'm feeling the
    frustration too of following the directions for assembling
    a couple of sawhorse/workbenches so I can set up a paint
    stripping area in my basement. Agonized over the parts and
    directions on one for over an hour until I finally
    concluded that one of the parts included is the wrong
    size. Opened the box for the 2nd bench and sure enough,
    the part in question is smaller. Used the part from the
    2nd box, but now I have to make an extra trip back to
    Menard's. ARGH! All that thinking makes my stomach churn,
    which I then interpret as hunger, which then sends me
    hunting for pretzels or Miss Meringues. Maybe I should
    find the end of a pencil to chew on instead!

    Except for the last couple of days, I've been doing OK
    with the food. Even then, my food's been OK but I haven't
    been sticking to MY program, which is to weigh or measure
    and journal everything I eat. This is the part that's been
    a bit lax. You've offered some excellent low-point
    suggestions. Subway is indeed one of my lifesavers. Smart
    Ones and Lean Cuisine are holding up my safety net too.
    --
    Linda P
    232/153.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

    Charlie said:

    In my meeting we had a young lady that felt like this.
    However she said


    she

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    was moving and did not have time to cook and ended up
    with fast food.


    Well

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    here is an idea:

    Subway is fast food and very good--- 6" Ham for 5 points
    Taco Bell "Fresco Style" is fast food--- 2 Chicken Soft
    Tacos Fresco


    Style

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    ot 2 Beef Hard Shell Tacos Fresco Style for 6 Points
    Rice Krispy Treat Snack is great--- 2 points each
    Carnation Instant Breakfast---- 1 Can for 5 points
    (Great breakfast)

    I know how you feel and it can be hard. You are doing so
    well and offer


    so

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    much to everybody else here. I see your post all the
    time and you have


    no

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    idea how much that helps others. Keep it up and keep it
    well. Hell, I


    know

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    you can do it. If I can anybody can.... :o)

    Charlie "Prairie Roots" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    My current weight: 153.6lbs Weight change since my last
    recorded weight: +.6 lbs Total weight change to date:
    -78.4 lbs

    Not such a great week, program-wise. My remodeling
    project is starting to get the best of me. With the work
    I'm doing every evening, the dust and grime everywhere,
    the distance to my one water source (in the basement),
    and the total aggravation involved with food
    preparation, I found myself giving in to eating whatever
    was convenient and handy towards the week's end. Not so
    bad in itself, but I didn't count, measure, or weigh. In
    addition, I've not been getting enough sleep, which
    always lessens my ability to make good decisions.

    Still, I rode my bike several evenings this week. And
    worked on house projects last weekend and most evenings
    as well. The tile for the bathroom walls is late, but
    the kitchen cabinets are ready a week early. So while
    progress on the bathroom is stalled for a bit, work will
    proceed in the kitchen. I'm hopeful that all the
    contracted work will be done on schedule by the end of
    the month. Today I'll continue to strip paint and rip
    out plaster and lathe in one of the bedrooms where I've
    removed a closet.

    Tomorrow I'll be going out to Easter brunch with my
    mother. I'm not terribly concerned about making good
    choices. Even if I overindulge, I know what to do the
    rest of the week. Special occasions don't throw me into
    a tizzy anymore.

    It's been a while--Feb. 7--since I last measured myself.
    That's always a good thing for me to do when the weight
    loss slows or reverses. In the last 2 months, I've
    decreased 8.75" in size, since Christmas 12", and since
    starting WW in Feb. '03, 71" overall . No wonder the
    clothes that I bought a bit snug just after Christmas
    are baggy now!

    It's the best day of my life!
    --
    Linda P week 59: 232/153.6/WW goal 145 WNM week 2:
    155.6/153.6/145 next mini-goals: 152 (80 lbs lost); 150
    (5 lbs to WW goal) started WW 22-Feb-2003 | 10% target:
    1-May-2003 5'4" | 50 | F

    [email hidden]

  6. Great job Linda!

    It's aweseom to hear that you're not thrown into a tizzy
    when going out to eat now.

    Julie "Prairie Roots" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    My current weight: 153.6lbs Weight change since my last
    recorded weight: +.6 lbs Total weight change to date: -
    78.4 lbs

    Not such a great week, program-wise. My remodeling project
    is starting to get the best of me. With the work I'm doing
    every evening, the dust and grime everywhere, the distance
    to my one water source (in the basement), and the total
    aggravation involved with food preparation, I found myself
    giving in to eating whatever was convenient and handy
    towards the week's end. Not so bad in itself, but I didn't
    count, measure, or weigh. In addition, I've not been
    getting enough sleep, which always lessens my ability to
    make good decisions.

    Still, I rode my bike several evenings this week. And
    worked on house projects last weekend and most evenings as
    well. The tile for the bathroom walls is late, but the
    kitchen cabinets are ready a week early. So while progress
    on the bathroom is stalled for a bit, work will proceed in
    the kitchen. I'm hopeful that all the contracted work will
    be done on schedule by the end of the month. Today I'll
    continue to strip paint and rip out plaster and lathe in
    one of the bedrooms where I've removed a closet.

    Tomorrow I'll be going out to Easter brunch with my
    mother. I'm not terribly concerned about making good
    choices. Even if I overindulge, I know what to do the rest
    of the week. Special occasions don't throw me into a tizzy
    anymore.

    It's been a while--Feb. 7--since I last measured myself.
    That's always a good thing for me to do when the weight
    loss slows or reverses. In the last 2 months, I've
    decreased 8.75" in size, since Christmas 12", and since
    starting WW in Feb. '03, 71" overall . No wonder the
    clothes that I bought a bit snug just after Christmas are
    baggy now!

    It's the best day of my life!
    --
    Linda P week 59: 232/153.6/WW goal 145 WNM week 2:
    155.6/153.6/145 next mini-goals: 152 (80 lbs lost); 150 (5
    lbs to WW goal) started WW 22-Feb-2003 | 10% target: 1-May-
    2003 5'4" | 50 | F

    [email hidden]

  7. Prairie Roots said:

    My current weight: 153.6lbs Weight change since my last
    recorded weight: +.6 lbs Total weight change to date: -
    78.4 lbs

    Not such a great week, program-wise. My remodeling project
    is starting to get the best of me. With the work I'm doing
    every evening, the dust and grime everywhere, the distance
    to my one water source (in the basement), and the total
    aggravation involved with food preparation, I found myself
    giving in to eating whatever was convenient and handy
    towards the week's end. Not so bad in itself, but I didn't
    count, measure, or weigh. In addition, I've not been
    getting enough sleep, which always lessens my ability to
    make good decisions.

    Still, I rode my bike several evenings this week. And
    worked on house projects last weekend and most evenings as
    well. The tile for the bathroom walls is late, but the
    kitchen cabinets are ready a week early. So while progress
    on the bathroom is stalled for a bit, work will proceed in
    the kitchen. I'm hopeful that all the contracted work will
    be done on schedule by the end of the month. Today I'll
    continue to strip paint and rip out plaster and lathe in
    one of the bedrooms where I've removed a closet.

    Tomorrow I'll be going out to Easter brunch with my
    mother. I'm not terribly concerned about making good
    choices. Even if I overindulge, I know what to do the rest
    of the week. Special occasions don't throw me into a tizzy
    anymore.

    It's been a while--Feb. 7--since I last measured myself.
    That's always a good thing for me to do when the weight
    loss slows or reverses. In the last 2 months, I've
    decreased 8.75" in size, since Christmas 12", and since
    starting WW in Feb. '03, 71" overall . No wonder the
    clothes that I bought a bit snug just after Christmas are
    baggy now!

    It's the best day of my life!
    --
    Linda P week 59: 232/153.6/WW goal 145 WNM week 2:
    155.6/153.6/145 next mini-goals: 152 (80 lbs lost); 150 (5
    lbs to WW goal) started WW 22-Feb-2003 | 10% target: 1-May-
    2003 5'4" | 50 | F

    [email hidden]

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/194.5/155 WNM 193.5/194.5/181.5 50 lbs off
    241.5/194.5/191.5

  8. I'm not sure but I think I sent the last reply to this one
    empty!! Linda, congrats on your loss of inches!! 8.75" is
    great. I find that I lose inches when my weight loss slows.
    That is quite an NSV, going with the flow around holidays!!

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/194.5/155 WNM 193.5/194.5/181.5 50 lbs off
    241.5/194.5/191.5

    Prairie Roots said:

    My current weight: 153.6lbs Weight change since my last
    recorded weight: +.6 lbs Total weight change to date: -
    78.4 lbs

    Not such a great week, program-wise. My remodeling project
    is starting to get the best of me. With the work I'm doing
    every evening, the dust and grime everywhere, the distance
    to my one water source (in the basement), and the total
    aggravation involved with food preparation, I found myself
    giving in to eating whatever was convenient and handy
    towards the week's end. Not so bad in itself, but I didn't
    count, measure, or weigh. In addition, I've not been
    getting enough sleep, which always lessens my ability to
    make good decisions.

    Still, I rode my bike several evenings this week. And
    worked on house projects last weekend and most evenings as
    well. The tile for the bathroom walls is late, but the
    kitchen cabinets are ready a week early. So while progress
    on the bathroom is stalled for a bit, work will proceed in
    the kitchen. I'm hopeful that all the contracted work will
    be done on schedule by the end of the month. Today I'll
    continue to strip paint and rip out plaster and lathe in
    one of the bedrooms where I've removed a closet.

    Tomorrow I'll be going out to Easter brunch with my
    mother. I'm not terribly concerned about making good
    choices. Even if I overindulge, I know what to do the rest
    of the week. Special occasions don't throw me into a tizzy
    anymore.

    It's been a while--Feb. 7--since I last measured myself.
    That's always a good thing for me to do when the weight
    loss slows or reverses. In the last 2 months, I've
    decreased 8.75" in size, since Christmas 12", and since
    starting WW in Feb. '03, 71" overall . No wonder the
    clothes that I bought a bit snug just after Christmas are
    baggy now!

    It's the best day of my life!
    --
    Linda P week 59: 232/153.6/WW goal 145 WNM week 2:
    155.6/153.6/145 next mini-goals: 152 (80 lbs lost); 150 (5
    lbs to WW goal) started WW 22-Feb-2003 | 10% target: 1-May-
    2003 5'4" | 50 | F

    [email hidden]

  9. Sorry about that slight gain. And remodeling is like
    vacation does not happen every week so treat it likewise. It
    too shall pass.

    Hope things finish on time and on budget and this week
    sees a loss. Good job riding the bike - is a commute
    getting close.

    Prairie Roots said:

    My current weight: 153.6lbs Weight change since my last
    recorded weight: +.6 lbs Total weight change to date:
    -78.4 lbs

    Not such a great week, program-wise. My remodeling project
    is starting to get the best of me. With the work I'm doing
    every evening, the dust and grime everywhere, the distance
    to my one water source (in the basement), and the total
    aggravation involved with food preparation, I found myself
    giving in to eating whatever was convenient and handy
    towards the week's end. Not so bad in itself, but I didn't
    count, measure, or weigh. In addition, I've not been
    getting enough sleep, which always lessens my ability to
    make good decisions.

    Still, I rode my bike several evenings this week. And
    worked on house projects last weekend and most evenings as
    well. The tile for the bathroom walls is late, but the
    kitchen cabinets are ready a week early. So while progress
    on the bathroom is stalled for a bit, work will proceed in
    the kitchen. I'm hopeful that all the contracted work will
    be done on schedule by the end of the month. Today I'll
    continue to strip paint and rip out plaster and lathe in
    one of the bedrooms where I've removed a closet.

    Tomorrow I'll be going out to Easter brunch with my mother.
    I'm not terribly concerned about making good choices. Even
    if I overindulge, I know what to do the rest of the week.
    Special occasions don't throw me into a tizzy anymore.

    It's been a while--Feb. 7--since I last measured myself.
    That's always a good thing for me to do when the weight
    loss slows or reverses. In the last 2 months, I've
    decreased 8.75" in size, since Christmas 12", and since
    starting WW in Feb. '03, 71" overall . No wonder the
    clothes that I bought a bit snug just after Christmas are
    baggy now!

    It's the best day of my life!

  10. sorry you gained but your attitude will carry you through, Lee
    Prairie Roots <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    My current weight: 153.6lbs Weight change since my last
    recorded weight: +.6 lbs Total weight change to date: -
    78.4 lbs

    Not such a great week, program-wise. My remodeling project
    is starting to get the best of me. With the work I'm doing
    every evening, the dust and grime everywhere, the distance
    to my one water source (in the basement), and the total
    aggravation involved with food preparation, I found myself
    giving in to eating whatever was convenient and handy
    towards the week's end. Not so bad in itself, but I didn't
    count, measure, or weigh. In addition, I've not been
    getting enough sleep, which always lessens my ability to
    make good decisions.

    Still, I rode my bike several evenings this week. And
    worked on house projects last weekend and most evenings as
    well. The tile for the bathroom walls is late, but the
    kitchen cabinets are ready a week early. So while progress
    on the bathroom is stalled for a bit, work will proceed in
    the kitchen. I'm hopeful that all the contracted work will
    be done on schedule by the end of the month. Today I'll
    continue to strip paint and rip out plaster and lathe in
    one of the bedrooms where I've removed a closet.

    Tomorrow I'll be going out to Easter brunch with my
    mother. I'm not terribly concerned about making good
    choices. Even if I overindulge, I know what to do the rest
    of the week. Special occasions don't throw me into a tizzy
    anymore.

    It's been a while--Feb. 7--since I last measured myself.
    That's always a good thing for me to do when the weight
    loss slows or reverses. In the last 2 months, I've
    decreased 8.75" in size, since Christmas 12", and since
    starting WW in Feb. '03, 71" overall . No wonder the
    clothes that I bought a bit snug just after Christmas are
    baggy now!

    It's the best day of my life!
    --
    Linda P week 59: 232/153.6/WW goal 145 WNM week 2:
    155.6/153.6/145 next mini-goals: 152 (80 lbs lost); 150 (5
    lbs to WW goal) started WW 22-Feb-2003 | 10% target: 1-May-
    2003 5'4" | 50 | F

    [email hidden]

  11. Thanks Michelle. These are all good suggestions. Under the
    current circumstances--one day I have a laundry tub full
    of plaster, the next a sofa stacked with kitchen cabinets,
    and all the time a thin coating of grit and grime covering
    EVERYthing--I'm just doing what I can to keep my sanity
    and to exercise patience. Some days, those are harder to
    accomplish than others.
    --
    Linda P
    232/153.6/WW goal 145
    joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

    Michelle Guy said:

    An up on the scale when you know why isn't as bad as when you have no
    clue as to why. You have done great so far, you know what you need to
    do. Can you fill up some bottles with water to make it easier to get
    to. Maybe some healthy quick to go snacks like fruit, prewashed and
    sliced in a sealed bowl, Yogurts so that when you need convienience
    food it is ready and healthy.
    Good luck with the renovations
    Michelle
    Ozzie in Switzerland

    WW WI 69.8 / 60.2 / 61kg 134 lbs

    On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 08:45:43 -0500, Prairie Roots <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    My current weight: 153.6lbs
    Weight change since my last recorded weight: +.6 lbs
    Total weight change to date: -78.4 lbs

    Not such a great week, program-wise. My remodeling project is starting
    to get the best of me. With the work I'm doing every evening, the dust
    and grime everywhere, the distance to my one water source (in the
    basement), and the total aggravation involved with food preparation, I
    found myself giving in to eating whatever was convenient and handy
    towards the week's end. Not so bad in itself, but I didn't count,
    measure, or weigh. In addition, I've not been getting enough sleep,
    which always lessens my ability to make good decisions.

    Still, I rode my bike several evenings this week. And worked on house
    projects last weekend and most evenings as well. The tile for the
    bathroom walls is late, but the kitchen cabinets are ready a week
    early. So while progress on the bathroom is stalled for a bit, work
    will proceed in the kitchen. I'm hopeful that all the contracted work
    will be done on schedule by the end of the month. Today I'll continue
    to strip paint and rip out plaster and lathe in one of the bedrooms
    where I've removed a closet.

    Tomorrow I'll be going out to Easter brunch with my mother. I'm not
    terribly concerned about making good choices. Even if I overindulge, I
    know what to do the rest of the week. Special occasions don't throw me
    into a tizzy anymore.

    It's been a while--Feb. 7--since I last measured myself. That's always
    a good thing for me to do when the weight loss slows or reverses. In
    the last 2 months, I've decreased 8.75" in size, since Christmas 12",
    and since starting WW in Feb. '03, 71" overall . No wonder the clothes
    that I bought a bit snug just after Christmas are baggy now!

    It's the best day of my life!

  12. Thanks Julie.
    --
    Linda P
    232/153.6/WW goal 145
    joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

    skiur said:

    Great job Linda!

    It's aweseom to hear that you're not thrown into a tizzy when going out to
    eat now.

    Julie
    "Prairie Roots" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    My current weight: 153.6lbs
    Weight change since my last recorded weight: +.6 lbs
    Total weight change to date: -78.4 lbs

    Not such a great week, program-wise. My remodeling project is starting
    to get the best of me. With the work I'm doing every evening, the dust
    and grime everywhere, the distance to my one water source (in the
    basement), and the total aggravation involved with food preparation, I
    found myself giving in to eating whatever was convenient and handy
    towards the week's end. Not so bad in itself, but I didn't count,
    measure, or weigh. In addition, I've not been getting enough sleep,
    which always lessens my ability to make good decisions.

    Still, I rode my bike several evenings this week. And worked on house
    projects last weekend and most evenings as well. The tile for the
    bathroom walls is late, but the kitchen cabinets are ready a week
    early. So while progress on the bathroom is stalled for a bit, work
    will proceed in the kitchen. I'm hopeful that all the contracted work
    will be done on schedule by the end of the month. Today I'll continue
    to strip paint and rip out plaster and lathe in one of the bedrooms
    where I've removed a closet.

    Tomorrow I'll be going out to Easter brunch with my mother. I'm not
    terribly concerned about making good choices. Even if I overindulge, I
    know what to do the rest of the week. Special occasions don't throw me
    into a tizzy anymore.

    It's been a while--Feb. 7--since I last measured myself. That's always
    a good thing for me to do when the weight loss slows or reverses. In
    the last 2 months, I've decreased 8.75" in size, since Christmas 12",
    and since starting WW in Feb. '03, 71" overall . No wonder the clothes
    that I bought a bit snug just after Christmas are baggy now!

    It's the best day of my life!
    --
    Linda P
    week 59: 232/153.6/WW goal 145
    WNM week 2: 155.6/153.6/145
    next mini-goals: 152 (80 lbs lost); 150 (5 lbs to WW goal)
    started WW 22-Feb-2003 | 10% target: 1-May-2003
    5'4" | 50 | F

    [email hidden]


  13. You're probably right about the inches and the weight. My
    current work wardrobe consists of 3-4 pairs of pants, which
    were loose last week and this week, positively baggy! What
    great timing. The weather has turned so I can look forward
    to replacing my baggy winter clothes with seasonally
    appropriate smaller clothes.
    --
    Linda P
    232/153.6/WW goal 145
    joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

    Connie said:

    I'm not sure but I think I sent the last reply to this one empty!!
    Linda, congrats on your loss of inches!! 8.75" is great. I find that I
    lose inches when my weight loss slows. That is quite an NSV, going with
    the flow around holidays!!

  14. Remodeling is lasting longer than any vacation I've ever
    had. But the kitchen cabinets went in today; the project's
    more than halfway done. So far, the construction is running
    on schedule and under budget. I'm feeling very lucky to have
    found the people doing the job.

    A tentative agreement has been reached on the transit
    strike. Ratification by union members is expected by
    Thursday at the latest. Buses could start running again as
    early as Saturday with a routine to regular commuting
    patterns on Monday. With the weather now taking a pleasant
    turn to warmer, bike commuting is definitely near.
    --
    Linda P
    232/153.6/WW goal 145
    joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

    Fred said:

    Sorry about that slight gain. And remodeling is like vacation does
    not happen every week so treat it likewise. It too shall pass.

    Hope things finish on time and on budget and this week sees a loss.
    Good job riding the bike - is a commute getting close.

    On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 08:45:43 -0500, Prairie Roots <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    My current weight: 153.6lbs
    Weight change since my last recorded weight: +.6 lbs
    Total weight change to date: -78.4 lbs

    Not such a great week, program-wise. My remodeling project is starting
    to get the best of me. With the work I'm doing every evening, the dust
    and grime everywhere, the distance to my one water source (in the
    basement), and the total aggravation involved with food preparation, I
    found myself giving in to eating whatever was convenient and handy
    towards the week's end. Not so bad in itself, but I didn't count,
    measure, or weigh. In addition, I've not been getting enough sleep,
    which always lessens my ability to make good decisions.

    Still, I rode my bike several evenings this week. And worked on house
    projects last weekend and most evenings as well. The tile for the
    bathroom walls is late, but the kitchen cabinets are ready a week
    early. So while progress on the bathroom is stalled for a bit, work
    will proceed in the kitchen. I'm hopeful that all the contracted work
    will be done on schedule by the end of the month. Today I'll continue
    to strip paint and rip out plaster and lathe in one of the bedrooms
    where I've removed a closet.

    Tomorrow I'll be going out to Easter brunch with my mother. I'm not
    terribly concerned about making good choices. Even if I overindulge, I
    know what to do the rest of the week. Special occasions don't throw me
    into a tizzy anymore.

    It's been a while--Feb. 7--since I last measured myself. That's always
    a good thing for me to do when the weight loss slows or reverses. In
    the last 2 months, I've decreased 8.75" in size, since Christmas 12",
    and since starting WW in Feb. '03, 71" overall . No wonder the clothes
    that I bought a bit snug just after Christmas are baggy now!

    It's the best day of my life!

  15. At this moment, I'm just grateful not to have lost my focus
    permanently. Back on track, making wiser accommodations to
    the inconveniences, and generally not being too hard on
    myself for not always being 100% prepared for every little
    aggravation.

    As my house is coming together, and my clothes are
    getting smaller, I'm feeling myself coming out of hiding.
    Hello world!
    --
    Linda P
    232/153.6/WW goal 145
    joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

    Miss Violette said:

    sorry you gained but your attitude will carry you through, Lee
    Prairie Roots <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    My current weight: 153.6lbs
    Weight change since my last recorded weight: +.6 lbs
    Total weight change to date: -78.4 lbs

    Not such a great week, program-wise. My remodeling project is starting
    to get the best of me. With the work I'm doing every evening, the dust
    and grime everywhere, the distance to my one water source (in the
    basement), and the total aggravation involved with food preparation, I
    found myself giving in to eating whatever was convenient and handy
    towards the week's end. Not so bad in itself, but I didn't count,
    measure, or weigh. In addition, I've not been getting enough sleep,
    which always lessens my ability to make good decisions.

    Still, I rode my bike several evenings this week. And worked on house
    projects last weekend and most evenings as well. The tile for the
    bathroom walls is late, but the kitchen cabinets are ready a week
    early. So while progress on the bathroom is stalled for a bit, work
    will proceed in the kitchen. I'm hopeful that all the contracted work
    will be done on schedule by the end of the month. Today I'll continue
    to strip paint and rip out plaster and lathe in one of the bedrooms
    where I've removed a closet.

    Tomorrow I'll be going out to Easter brunch with my mother. I'm not
    terribly concerned about making good choices. Even if I overindulge, I
    know what to do the rest of the week. Special occasions don't throw me
    into a tizzy anymore.

    It's been a while--Feb. 7--since I last measured myself. That's always
    a good thing for me to do when the weight loss slows or reverses. In
    the last 2 months, I've decreased 8.75" in size, since Christmas 12",
    and since starting WW in Feb. '03, 71" overall . No wonder the clothes
    that I bought a bit snug just after Christmas are baggy now!

    It's the best day of my life!
    --
    Linda P
    week 59: 232/153.6/WW goal 145
    WNM week 2: 155.6/153.6/145
    next mini-goals: 152 (80 lbs lost); 150 (5 lbs to WW goal)
    started WW 22-Feb-2003 | 10% target: 1-May-2003
    5'4" | 50 | F

    [email hidden]


  16. You're still doing great Linda - up a tad isn't a biggie,
    especially with the circumstances you are dealing with. I
    seem to recall you relying more on convenience type foods
    ... such as canned, frozen, etc. My guess would be that
    there is more sodium content in those foods also. I've also
    wondered about the lack of sleep aspect and think there very
    well may be something in that thought. I did expect my
    weight to show up this morning, I did not expect it to be as
    much as it was ... I did not get 1 minute of sleep last
    nite, was just *one of those nights*. (I did get a heck of a
    lot done early this morning though. LOL)

    I'm amazed you are finding the time to get out on that
    bicycle - GOOD FOR YOU!!! The exercise will help you
    maintain what little bit of sanity you have left from the
    remodeling projects. <g> Glad to hear progress is going
    well, and hopefully you will be back to full functioning,
    more modern and enjoyable mode very soon. Keep hanging in
    there, it won't be long now.

    And wow, wow, wow ... all those amazing inches disappearing
    in only a few months. What a fantastic victory!!!

    Joyce

    Prairie Roots said:

    My current weight: 153.6lbs Weight change since my last
    recorded weight: +.6 lbs Total weight change to date:
    -78.4 lbs

    Not such a great week, program-wise. My remodeling project
    is starting to get the best of me. With the work I'm doing
    every evening, the dust and grime everywhere, the distance
    to my one water source (in the basement), and the total
    aggravation involved with food preparation, I found myself
    giving in to eating whatever was convenient and handy
    towards the week's end. Not so bad in itself, but I didn't
    count, measure, or weigh. In addition, I've not been
    getting enough sleep, which always lessens my ability to
    make good decisions.

    Still, I rode my bike several evenings this week. And
    worked on house projects last weekend and most evenings as
    well. The tile for the bathroom walls is late, but the
    kitchen cabinets are ready a week early. So while progress
    on the bathroom is stalled for a bit, work will proceed in
    the kitchen. I'm hopeful that all the contracted work will
    be done on schedule by the end of the month. Today I'll
    continue to strip paint and rip out plaster and lathe in
    one of the bedrooms where I've removed a closet.

    Tomorrow I'll be going out to Easter brunch with my mother.
    I'm not terribly concerned about making good choices. Even
    if I overindulge, I know what to do the rest of the week.
    Special occasions don't throw me into a tizzy anymore.

    It's been a while--Feb. 7--since I last measured myself.
    That's always a good thing for me to do when the weight
    loss slows or reverses. In the last 2 months, I've
    decreased 8.75" in size, since Christmas 12", and since
    starting WW in Feb. '03, 71" overall . No wonder the
    clothes that I bought a bit snug just after Christmas are
    baggy now!

    It's the best day of my life!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.