Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

Will Ya Still Need Me, Will Ya Still Feed Me

Started by Carol Cohen · · Last activity · 12 posts · 873 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
24 March 2003
Last activity
25 March 2003
Original author
Carol Cohen
Posts
12
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
873
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–12 of 12
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Tomorrow's my Big 64 and a great day to play hooky and go for a good long coastal RI and MA ride on
    my Toureasy. Maybe ride over to look at Larry's (V-2 and Aerocycle) new house which is right on the
    TFCE bike route. Larry is known for finishing that century ride among the fastest then laughing and
    gloating out his car window on his way home along the ride route. Now he'll be able to sit on his
    front porch and do the same.

    I'm looking forward to getting back in the saddle after 6 weeks off (ever since my return from
    Florida) and I'm trying to figure out why my nylon wind pants have mysteriously gotten tighter....

    C.C.,Rider motto: on your left!

  2. Best wishes for a very happy birthday, Carol.

    Lewis. (still a pup at 63)

    home.earthlink.netindex.html

    ................... Carol Cohen <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Tomorrow's my Big 64 and a great day to play hooky and go for a good long coastal RI and MA ride
    on my Toureasy. Maybe ride over to look at Larry's (V-2 and Aerocycle) new house which is right on
    the TFCE bike route. Larry is known for finishing that century ride among the fastest then
    laughing and gloating out his car window on his way home along the ride route. Now he'll be able
    to sit on his front porch and do the same.

    I'm looking forward to getting back in the saddle after 6 weeks off (ever since my return from
    Florida) and I'm trying to figure out why my nylon wind pants have mysteriously gotten tighter....

    C.C.,Rider motto: on your left!

  3. Carol: Tear 'em up! Congrats on the big 64, and try not to stay off the bike so long in the future.
    Were you injured? Anyway, I like to have role models like you as I'm still a youngun--41.

    Ride on.

    Scott Another advocate for velo-diversity

    Carol Cohen <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Tomorrow's my Big 64 and a great day to play hooky and go for a good long coastal RI and MA ride
    on my Toureasy. Maybe ride over to look at Larry's (V-2 and Aerocycle) new house which is right on
    the TFCE bike route. Larry is known for finishing that century ride among the fastest then
    laughing and gloating out his car window on his way home along the ride route. Now he'll be able
    to sit on his front porch and do the same.

    I'm looking forward to getting back in the saddle after 6 weeks off (ever since my return from
    Florida) and I'm trying to figure out why my nylon wind pants have mysteriously gotten tighter....

    C.C.,Rider motto: on your left!

  4. Carol Cohen said:

    I'm looking forward to getting back in the saddle after 6 weeks off (ever since my return from
    Florida) and I'm trying to figure out why my nylon wind pants have mysteriously gotten tighter....

    Yeah, the same here and the hills grew over the winter... its not fair

    Daniel

  5. Hey Happy B Day Carol!!!

    I went 100km on the Withlacoochie Trail Saturday. I think our day up there had been the best
    distance ride of '03 for me. The squirrels, turtles and other critters up there pass on their best
    wishes for a great 64th year.

    Rod Kuehl RANS V2 Challenge Wizard Riverview, FL

    "Lewis Campbell" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Best wishes for a very happy birthday, Carol.

    Lewis. (still a pup at 63)

    home.earthlink.netindex.html

    ................... Carol Cohen <[email hidden]> wrote in message


    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Tomorrow's my Big 64 and a great day to play hooky and go for a good


    long

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    coastal RI and MA ride on my Toureasy. Maybe ride over to look at


    Larry's

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    (V-2 and Aerocycle) new house which is right on the TFCE bike route.


    Larry

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    is known for finishing that century ride among the fastest then laughing


    and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    gloating out his car window on his way home along the ride route. Now


    he'll

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    be able to sit on his front porch and do the same.

    I'm looking forward to getting back in the saddle after 6 weeks off


    (ever

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    since my return from Florida) and I'm trying to figure out why my nylon


    wind

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    pants have mysteriously gotten tighter....

    C.C.,Rider motto: on your left!

  6. Happy Birthday C.C.

    ... and many, many more. Go out and buy yourself a BIG ROCK!!! :-0

    Chere

  7. Carol Cohen said:


    I'm looking forward to getting back in the saddle after 6 weeks off (ever since my return from
    Florida) and I'm trying to figure out why my nylon wind pants have mysteriously gotten
    tighter....


    It's a well-known FACT that the shrink fairies attack any piece of clothing that goes unused for too
    long. I guess the solution is to not stop using them in the first place...

    Anyway, happy birthday. Now, go out and ride 64 miles.

    --

    John Foltz --- O _ Baron --- _O _ V-Rex 24/63 --- _\\/\-%)
    _________(_)`=()___________________(_)= (_)_____

  8. Carol Cohen <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Tomorrow's my Big 64 and a great day to play hooky and go for a good long coastal RI and MA ride
    on my Toureasy.

    Carol,

    Happy Birthday indeed. The true indurance event is getting back out there year after year.

    Gary McCarty, Salt Lake City

  9. Carol looks like the weather may let you ride your age tomorrow. Many more bent birthdays. Denny in
    Sayre, Pa "Bent but not Broken" www.recumbentstuff.com

    "chere" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Happy Birthday C.C.

    ... and many, many more. Go out and buy yourself a BIG ROCK!!! :-0

    Chere

  10. Mazel Tov! "Carol Cohen" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Tomorrow's my Big 64 and a great day to play hooky and go for a good long coastal RI and MA ride
    on my Toureasy. Maybe ride over to look at Larry's (V-2 and Aerocycle) new house which is right on
    the TFCE bike route.


    Larry

    Quoted message said:

    is known for finishing that century ride among the fastest then laughing


    and

    Quoted message said:

    gloating out his car window on his way home along the ride route. Now


    he'll

    Quoted message said:

    be able to sit on his front porch and do the same.

    I'm looking forward to getting back in the saddle after 6 weeks off (ever since my return from
    Florida) and I'm trying to figure out why my nylon


    wind

    Quoted message said:

    pants have mysteriously gotten tighter....

    C.C.,Rider motto: on your left!

  11. Hey Carol

    Congrats on 64! Have fun on your ride!

    I'll be in Florida for the next two months, but Scott Chamberlain is leading a Marathon Monday
    ride on the Boston Marathon route.

    Any recumbent people who don't know about the ride and want to go should call Scott at Belmont
    Wheelworks @ 617-489-3577....always a fun experience with Boston recumbent cycling legends like
    Scott, [censored] Ryan, George Reynolds, Carol, Larry, John "Tots" Totman, etc.

    Rich

  12. Carol Cohen <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Tomorrow's my Big 64 and a great day to play hooky

    Oh, to be young and fulsome again.....................

    Happy b'day Carol!

    I officially became a grown-up on 3/7 and I have my Medicare Card to prove it!

    But you know something I don't seem to be a day over 14.

    I don't have the beautiful state of RI to ride around on but I do have an area about the same size.
    On Sunday I did about 35 miles on the ranch roads on my Vivo and only crashed twice. Boy did I wish
    I was still 64.

    Jerry

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.