Just a question, will Basso get an invite to le Tour as if he is I'm really going to enjoy this year's battle between Lance & Basso. Could go all wrong and ASO create the worst Tour with Contador destroying Evans.
Professional Cycling · Public discussion
Will Basso ride le Tour?
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Professional Cycling
- Published
- 15 November 2008
- Last activity
- 17 November 2008
- Original author
- plectrum
- Posts
- 8
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 2,017
- Views / 30 days
- 0
- Topics
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
I want to see cleaner riders so before to give invitation to riders, it would be good to see if they have left their old habits.
A probationary period is probably a good thing.
I hope that ASO and Prudhomme have similar thoughts. -
already said giro & vuelta
-
I think he will be allowed to ride if he/Liquigas wants to. He served his suspension, and I don't think ASO has any legal basis of denying him to start.
-
jonjungel said:
I think he will be allowed to ride if he/Liquigas wants to. He served his suspension, and I don't think ASO has any legal basis of denying him to start.
Apart from the fact that Liquigas shouldn't have hired him, the ban from a pro tour team is meant to be an additional 2 years on top of the base 2. If he was riding for a pro-continental then it would be fine but I think ASO will kick up a fuss. -
Eldrack said:
Apart from the fact that Liquigas shouldn't have hired him, the ban from a pro tour team is meant to be an additional 2 years on top of the base 2. If he was riding for a pro-continental then it would be fine but I think ASO will kick up a fuss.
hey, yeah!!! how does that work? it should have been 4 yrs before he was able to get on a ProTour squad... how did he scam that? i didn't even think of that.
-
Eldrack said:
Apart from the fact that Liquigas shouldn't have hired him, the ban from a pro tour team is meant to be an additional 2 years on top of the base 2. If he was riding for a pro-continental then it would be fine but I think ASO will kick up a fuss.
I agree that Liquigas broke the Pro-Tour agreement when they hired him, but the Pro-Tour is history now. Also, it would be strange for ASO to ban him because of rules in a system they were strongly against.
Then again, nobody expects the ASO inquisition!
-
jonjungel said:
I agree that Liquigas broke the Pro-Tour agreement when they hired him, but the Pro-Tour is history now. Also, it would be strange for ASO to ban him because of rules in a system they were strongly against.
Then again, nobody expects the ASO inquisition!
It seems that the 4 year ban is a GT organisers concept!
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.