Australia and New Zealand ยท Public discussion

why dont they make chainrings like this anymore?

Started by flyingdutch ยท ยท Last activity ยท 7 posts ยท 591 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
24 December 2004
Last activity
25 December 2004
Original author
flyingdutch
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
591
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1โ€“7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. some cool stuff here. No 'Hello Kitty' or Thunderbirds tho ๐Ÿ™„

    blackbirdsf.orgchainwheels

  2. flyingdutch said:

    some cool stuff here. No 'Hello Kitty' or Thunderbirds tho ๐Ÿ™„

    http://www.blackbirdsf.org/chainwheels/

    Yeah I've seen that site before. Some cool tatts there (if you like
    that sort of thing).

    How about this one...
    http://tinyurl.com/4n9dg

    --
    Nick

  3. "NickZX6R" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    flyingdutch said:

    some cool stuff here. No 'Hello Kitty' or Thunderbirds tho ๐Ÿ™„

    http://www.blackbirdsf.org/chainwheels/

    Yeah I've seen that site before. Some cool tatts there (if you like
    that sort of thing).

    How about this one...
    http://tinyurl.com/4n9dg

    --
    Nick

    But how do you upgrade the Shimano tat when the new range comes out?

    Marty

  4. Marty Wallace said:


    But how do you upgrade the Shimano tat when the new range comes out?

    Marty

    oh [censored]. didnt think of that... ๐Ÿ™„

  5. I could be missing something here (tell me if I am) but why couldn't you get an engineering works to laser cut one out of appropriate sheet steel stock, grind the bevel on the teeth and temper it?

  6. Resound said:

    I could be missing something here (tell me if I am) but why couldn't you get an engineering works to laser cut one out of appropriate sheet steel stock, grind the bevel on the teeth and temper it?

    erm.... cos they're tattoos! ๐Ÿ˜„

  7. flyingdutch said:

    erm.... cos they're tattoos! ๐Ÿ˜„

    I thought you wanted to know why bike manufacturers didn't make chainrings like the one depicted in the tattoos anymore. As far as I know. no manufacturer has made their chainrings out of inked skin or even dyed leather :P

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users ยท 0 guests ยท0 bots ยท0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.